You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

Latest guardian polling:

"...it still implies a Tory majority of 96 on Electoral Calculus prediction model and the loss of 34 seats for Labour."

Don't do it to yourself kids, it's a Tory country. We live in a world where president trump exists.

I think you should always keep in mind things like this when reading the Guardian on anything to do with Corbyn or Labour while he's leader : https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/28/the-guardian-view-on-jeremy-corbyn-after-the-experiment

Not having any type of dig at you, but for me they can take their polls and shove them up their arses. That 12-point lead article might be another one worth looking back at after the election. I've not believed any polling after remembering the complete bullshit served up in the US election, but if any of them show Labour doing well I think there might be some truth to it. The way they're weighting the polls is probably knocking everything out because this is a complete freak of an election. Like with the US one, it probably makes it almost impossible to poll properly for.

The Guardian love anti-Semitism, as long as Corbyn is linked with it (quote is from here) :

Some in the comments section below would like to see Jeremy Corbyn’s fuller statement condemning the antisemitic abuse that was directed at Emma Barnett after she interviewed the Labour leader on Woman’s Hour yesterday.

Fuck off. Wasn't his appearance in front of a select committee last year enough? Of course it wasn't, because nothing ever will be. He's repeatedly accused of being soft on anti-Semitism because it's a way of attacking him and putting doubts in the minds of voters. At the same time, Barnett (or Torygraph twat) from what I can see was called Zionist several times, which isn't even anti-Semitism. Of course the Zionists would love it if it was, because it'd make it a lot harder to call them out. That's why they repeatedly try to make out that it is, when it isn't and it never fucking will be.

Am really sick of them wheeling this shit out, they've been doing it (with Nick Cohen being one of the worst for this.) since he became leader and no matter how many times he refutes it as strongly as he can, it just carries on at some future point. Wouldn't be anything to do with his heretical thinking regarding the Isreali gov and Palestine would it?

That's one reason why I'm glad that Stein and Sanders are Jewish, because this tactic can't be used on them. If they weren't it almost definitely would have been.

From Stein last year :

With regard to Israel, the United States has encouraged the worst tendencies of the Israeli government as it pursues policies of occupation, apartheid, assassination, illegal settlements, demolitions, blockades, building of nuclear bombs, indefinite detention, collective punishment, and defiance of international law. Instead of allying with the courageous proponents of peace and human rights within Palestine and Israel, our government has rewarded consistent abusers of human rights.

Therefore, the Stein campaign calls for ending military and economic support for the Israeli government while it is committing war crimes and defying international law.

In addition, the Stein campaign supports actions of nonviolent resistance to the policies of the occupation and of the Israeli apartheid regime, including those of the global boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign, which was endorsed by the Green Party of the United States in 2005 and is supported by thousands of civil society peace activists and organizations.

Oh yes, she would've definitely been linked with anti-Semitism if she wasn't Jewish herself. Can you imagine what would happen if Corbyn released a statement like that?

Nope I believe it's Ben Howlett Conservative MP for Bath who happened to vote through disability benefit cuts which is something Jesus wouldn't have done...

So yeah I think he's a cunt

Wouldn't he have cured them, he was the ATOS of his day, it's a miracle! You're fit for work. 

• Upvote 1

Nope I believe it's Ben Howlett Conservative MP for Bath who happened to vote through disability benefit cuts which is something Jesus wouldn't have done...

So yeah I think he's a cunt

The same way that meeting the IRA means I believe Corbyn jumped up with glee at every IRA bomb.

Was just listening to Radio 5 live from Scarborough and the pensioners they interviewed were both greedy and stupid. Apparently we need to keep the rich happy and clamp down on the workshy who are paid too much in benefits.

The only thing they were worried about was the lack of a winter fuel allowance despite having both state and private pensions. It won't stop them voting for good old Theresa though!

• Upvote 1

This short report sets out to identify the marginal constituencies in England and Wales where young voters could make the greatest impact at the 2017 general election. •

This research found that there are 43 marginal seats where the number of “new” voters – those who’ve turned 18 since the last election two years ago – exceeds the incumbent MP's majority. •

• Of the 15 seats where “new” voters outnumber the incumbent’s majority by the biggest margin, 11 belong to the Conservatives and 4 belong to Labour.

• This research also found that there are 39 marginal seats where the incumbent MP’s majority equates to less than 10% of the number of potential voters aged 18 to 34.

• Of the 15 seats where this group outnumbers the incumbent MP’s majority by the largest amount, 8 belong to the Conservatives and 7 belong to Labour.

• Evidence demonstrates that the Millennial generation is disengaged from electoral politics. The UK suffers from one of the largest gaps between the electoral participation of older and younger people in any developed country.

https://mobile.twitter.com/inter_gen

DAGP00DVwAALgLz.jpg

Was just listening to Radio 5 live from Scarborough and the pensioners they interviewed were both greedy and stupid. Apparently we need to keep the rich happy and clamp down on the workshy who are paid too much in benefits.

The only thing they were worried about was the lack of a winter fuel allowance despite having both state and private pensions. It won't stop them voting for good old Theresa though!

Probably amongst the first to have free care too. They've filled their boots and are now intent on screwing everyone else. Scum.

No point calling old people scum. They sit down watching and listening to the BBC all day long. Corbyns a commie, anti-semite who formed the IRA and runs down their presenters and wants to knock down Buckingham Palace and replace it with allotments.

Old people have grandchildren who are in the 18-34 age group who might persuade them not to vote Tory.

Latest guardian polling:

"...it still implies a Tory majority of 96 on Electoral Calculus prediction model and the loss of 34 seats for Labour."

Don't do it to yourself kids, it's a Tory country. We live in a world where president trump exists.

I know we're going to wake up blue again.  Corbyn will resign or be forced out and we'll have another typical politician in charge of Labour.  We'll have missed our chance and be forced to live in a country on a continued downward spiral. 

Don't even hope lads.  It's the hope that kills you

This is where my head is at to be honest. Historically the polls have tended to overestimate Labour's share of the vote when it comes to the actual election result. I'd love to be wrong but I daren't get my hopes up.

The thing that annoys me with the pensioners is they act like they deserve some respect for being old. Now if this was 20 years ago they'd likely have been involved in the war and then come home and decided a change was needed and voted in the labour party to bring in the NHS and social housing reforms etc. Most of these lot did neither but benefitted from the what their parents set up amd now want to screw everyone by going back to pre war Britain

• Upvote 1

The thing that annoys me with the pensioners is they act like they deserve some respect for being old. Now if this was 20 years ago they'd likely have been involved in the war and then come home and decided a change was needed and voted in the labour party to bring in the NHS and social housing reforms etc. Most of these lot did neither but benefitted from the what their parents set up amd now want to screw everyone by going back to pre war Britain

This lot just got fucking stoned, given a house for about £4, a free degree, and a job that actually paid a wage that didn't require nipping to the food bank every Friday.

Cunt generation. 

• Upvote 1

As terrible as it sounds, there's a point when you have to say that this country deserves all it's get when you have turkeys queing in their droves to vote for Christmas. I don't know if anybody's ever checked out John Harris' videos on YouTube, but they're well worth a watch. Anyway, in one of his more recent ones filmed in rural Lancashire before the local elections, he was chatting to a bloke on regular medication who was moaning about having to pay £12 a pop to get a taxi to the nearest chemist to pick up his prescription as the Tories had cut the bus route into that particular town. Harris asked the fella later in the video who was going to vote for in the GE and he went, "Theresa May because I don't like Jeremy Corbyn."

I can't even imagine how many times over such a thought process must be replicated across the country; people lamenting the state of the NHS, or pensioners moaning about potential means testing for winter fuel, yet jigging their way to the polling booth to put their cross beside a strong and stable candidate.

• Upvote 2

No point calling old people scum. 

They are scum, though.  My blood fucking boils every time I see one of the cunts buying the S*n or Daily Mail. 

Does anyone else size people up politically when they're oot and aboot?  I take one look at someone and think "Brexit wanker".  You can just tell, most of the time.