Quantcast
Holidays - 2017. - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bogman

Holidays - 2017.

Guest Pistonbroke

At the same time there was a load of Poles their causing shit in the complex, meatheads with families horrible arrogant bastards.

Greeks came from everywhere one night shotguns etc and turfed them out as they had wrecked their apartments. Security guard did nothing but apologise, this was like 2 in the morning.

When there are a load of Poles or Russians at your holiday destination, there is always trouble. Brits can also be a bunch of cunts. 

Hotel we wanted in Riviera Maya was doing renovations to their main buffet restaurant, and the kids can be a bit picky.

Long story short, we're off to Cancun to a family oriented resort next week.

Looking forward to it!

Guest Pistonbroke

Hotel we wanted in Riviera Maya was doing renovations to their main buffet restaurant, and the kids can be a bit picky.

Long story short, we're off to Cancun to a family oriented resort next week.

Looking forward to it!

Things have obviously changed since I was there mate but it is an ace destination. There's a Restaurant called La Habichuela (just checked and it is still there) which is on Margaritas Street, Downtown. Amazing food, atmosphere and service.  The beaches are very clean and like a paradise compared to many places I have visited. 

Got a busy few months coming up. October trip to Slovenia and Croatia with Ms Red then back a few weeks and Tenerife with my mate. New year Vietnam. I'm going to need a holiday after all that.

• Upvote 2

Going away mid October, would people recommend buying euros now or waiting a couple of months, which way is the exchange rate looking likely to go?

If we knew that we would all be on permanent holiday somewhere very expensive,

• Upvote 1

Going away mid October, would people recommend buying euros now or waiting a couple of months, which way is the exchange rate looking likely to go?

Doesn't matter which way it goes I don't think, the change will be negligible either way.

Centre Parcs was ace. Turns out I'm ace at laser clay pigeon shooting. That means when aliens invade I'll be leading the resistance like a modern day Han Solo.

we just went to Edinburgh the week before last for a few days and absolutely loved it, stunning city and lovely people.

What did you get up to?

Went sailing around the Inner Hebrides, Mull of Kintyre and the Clyde - amazing scenery and the Crinnan canal was cool

Very much like Tarbert and Campbeltown, Arran and the Kyle of Bute

What did you get up to?

just the main things really, the castle, Edinburgh dungeon tour, Mary King's close, some nice meals and stuff. Deffo gonna go back, maybe for the Christmas markets?

Centre Parcs was ace. Turns out I'm ace at laser clay pigeon shooting. That means when aliens invade I'll be leading the resistance like a modern day Han Solo.

Laser Clay pigeon shooting?

Sounds a bit crap that.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just got back from our holiday a few hours ago. Had a great time, especially the kids and the dog who loved swimming out to fetch her ball back, reckon she'll sleep for three days now. The place we were staying at organised a party with my missus for my birthday yesterday which was a lovely surprise. 

Laser Clay pigeon shooting?

Sounds a bit crap that.

It was ace. They are real shotguns converted to fire a laser. The clays are fired in the same way and a little yellow light flashes on the forward sight if you hit them. Scores are shown on an electronic scoreboard.

It was ace. They are real shotguns converted to fire a laser. The clays are fired in the same way and a little yellow light flashes on the forward sight if you hit them. Scores are shown on an electronic scoreboard.

But you don't get them smashing into pieces. It's all about the destruction for me!

Went to Chichen Itza today. Awesome.

Tour guide was great. Had a phd in history of the area. Skipped all the touristy bullshit and told some good stories.

Justbin the airport, next stop Croatia.

Pints of Tiger are £5.40. Fuck off.

Croatia is calling me

Just booked next years - if America is still a country by then......................

How unbelievably cheap life is if you don't have to take holidays in the school holidays.