You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I am a bit worried by the numbers aspect, as my mind goes back to some of our benches last season which seemed to be made up of a selection of the walk-on mascots. Even if we get the likes of Keita / VVD we still need the squad filling out or we will be seeing Stewart etc again in the FA Cup. This is part of the reason I am a bit surprised by the negative reaction to the Ox potentially signing.

I am a bit worried by the numbers aspect, as my mind goes back to some of our benches last season which seemed to be made up of a selection of the walk-on mascots. Even if we get the likes of Keita / VVD we still need the squad filling out or we will be seeing Stewart etc again in the FA Cup. This is part of the reason I am a bit surprised by the negative reaction to the Ox potentially signing.

Really? Surely we'll have a much better bench, with Can or Henderson giving way for Keita, Lovren giving way for VVD and Sturridge, Origi and Robertson also knocking about in the reserves.

Mignolet

Clyne

Van dijk

Matip

Milner

Henderson

Keita

Mane

Salah

Firmino

Coutinho

Subs

Karius

Robertson

Lovren

Can

Wijnaldum

Sturridge

Lallana

Alexander-Arnold

Klavan

Stewart

Woodburn

Ings

Grujic

Flanagan

Origi

• Upvote 1

Ward, Wilson, Solanke, Ejaria, Gomez.

I'm not too worried about squad depth but a lack of quality cover in a couple of positions - principally striker, keeper and full-back. But we'd look a hell of a lot stronger than last season with VDV and Keita.

Mignolet

Clyne

Van dijk

Matip

Milner

Henderson

Keita

Mane

Salah

Firmino

Coutinho

Subs

Karius

Robertson

Lovren

Can

Wijnaldum

Sturridge

Lallana

Alexander-Arnold

Klavan

Stewart

Woodburn

Ings

Grujic

Flanagan

Origi

Has there ever been a time that posting a potential lineup has been a good omen? EVER?!

Mignolet

Clyne

Van dijk

Matip

Milner

Henderson

Keita

Mane

Salah

Firmino

Coutinho

Subs

Karius

Robertson

Lovren

Can

Wijnaldum

Sturridge

Lallana

Alexander-Arnold

Klavan

Stewart

Woodburn

Ings

Grujic

Flanagan

Origi

I was inclined to agree w/sir roger, but when you put it like that, it sure does paint a different picture.

We could potentially be spending £65m on Keita, £65 on Van Dijk, £8m on Robertson and now there's rumours we're seriously after Aubameyang for £63m, battling it out with Chelsea for him after he's turned down any move to China. That's roughly the £200m that was talked about before the window opened.

We could potentially be spending £65m on Keita, £65 on Van Dijk, £8m on Robertson and now there's rumours we're seriously after Aubameyang for £63m, battling it out with Chelsea for him after he's turned down any move to China. That's roughly the £200m that was talked about before the window opened.

Can't see aubameyang.

200m includes salaries. You know yanks.

Haven't seen anything serious about the Aubameyang rumours. Unless you count Turdseye as serious, which you shouldn't.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool set to increase Keita offer and hope that £65m will convince RB Leipzig to sell, writes @JamesPearceEcho

Lucas said his goodbyes at Melwood on Friday morning before heading off to discuss personal terms with Lazio. (James Pearce)

Robertson's arrival is likely to trigger the departure of Alberto Moreno, who is surplus to requirements at Anfield. (James Pearce)

The deal for Robertson won't go through in time for him to fly off with the Reds squad to Hong Kong on Sunday. (James Pearce)