You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

Fuck me

Talk about alternative facts

A former undefeated British Champion. Yeah then he lost.

I think Eubank could be very good but he needs to go his own way and stop being Jnr.

He old man was special and a great entertainer he should be himself not a cheap imitation

He needs to fuck his dad off out the corner too and for Davis to be the main man

Eubanks s decent puncher,not a one punch snd your done guy but a hard puncher. His dad was the same

Kid Galahad can fuck off though. Hes the reason them cunts from the England Band are there. Id wrap them fucking instruments round their necks if i was near them cunts

I like Eubank Jr. I think he'd wreck Billy Joe Saunders if they fought again. But there are certain problems that you can see will rear their head up against top level opposition. He's got a shit jab for one. Someone like Danny Jacobs or Demetrius Andrade would exploit that. I think somebody like Erisandy Lara would pick him off with ease to be honest. Whilst saying that i think he'd be excellent against fighters like James Kirkland and David Lemieux because they're more flat footed.

Another problem is the father in the corner. At the higher levels he's getting no advice in between rounds. He needs a trainer with tactical nous like McCracken or (to reunite) with Booth. You can't have a fighter doing what he wants in the ring unless he's Floyd Mayweather at the back end of an already illustrious career.

He has got a class defence though. Reminds me a bit of Jersey Joe Walcott the way he slips and rolls punches. The father and Davis have done a phenomenal job of bringing him on. I remember him fighting Pryce 4 years ago and he looked shit. The improvements in that timeframe have been immense. I just think he's reached that point where a new perspective is needed. 

Agree with that

He has no chance against Lara or Golovkin yet for me. Weren't they saying he has issues with his right elbow,if he cant throw straight rights he will struggle at the next level.

If he is staying at super middle Abraham might be a good test. If he goes back down maybe Lemieux,Peter Quillin or Andy Lee

I like Eubank Jr. I think he'd wreck Billy Joe Saunders if they fought again. But there are certain problems that you can see will rear their head up against top level opposition. He's got a shit jab for one. Someone like Danny Jacobs or Demetrius Andrade would exploit that. I think somebody like Erisandy Lara would pick him off with ease to be honest. Whilst saying that i think he'd be excellent against fighters like James Kirkland and David Lemieux because they're more flat footed.

Another problem is the father in the corner. At the higher levels he's getting no advice in between rounds. He needs a trainer with tactical nous like McCracken or (to reunite) with Booth. You can't have a fighter doing what he wants in the ring unless he's Floyd Mayweather at the back end of an already illustrious career.

He has got a class defence though. Reminds me a bit of Jersey Joe Walcott the way he slips and rolls punches. The father and Davis have done a phenomenal job of bringing him on. I remember him fighting Pryce 4 years ago and he looked shit. The improvements in that timeframe have been immense. I just think he's reached that point where a new perspective is needed.

I have to disagree with some of this, mate.

I think his jab is pretty good but he doesn't use it enough and that's the problem. When he uses it, it's effective and it's good when he starts doubling and tripling it. He just doesn't use it enough for me which at top level, will become a huge problem.

I also think his defence isn't as solid as people think. He gets caught far too much. When he is flashy and stuff, it comes off really well but he seems to get caught a lot too because his hands are low and he is swinging a lot.

Against a better opponent, them wild left hooks he kept missing except for them two quality ones, could have been countered quite easily.

I think he is class. I really do and I love watching him fight but last night wasn't the most solid performance. He might have ring rust after 8 months out or whatever it was and he may have been feeling a bit of pain in the elbow but he needs to step up a bit more to become a force.

Potential is there 100%. Knockout power isn't and never really has been. At middle or super middle. A lot of the time it has been flurries of punches that have stopped opponents.

GGG will be a VERY tough night for Eubank JR. As he would be for anyone but it'd be interesting to see GGG cope with JR.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have to disagree with some of this, mate.

I think his jab is pretty good but he doesn't use it enough and that's the problem. When he uses it, it's effective and it's good when he starts doubling and tripling it. He just doesn't use it enough for me which at top level, will become a huge problem.

I also think his defence isn't as solid as people think. He gets caught far too much. When he is flashy and stuff, it comes off really well but he seems to get caught a lot too because his hands are low and he is swinging a lot.

Against a better opponent, them wild left hooks he kept missing except for them two quality ones, could have been countered quite easily.

I think he is class. I really do and I love watching him fight but last night wasn't the most solid performance. He might have ring rust after 8 months out or whatever it was and he may have been feeling a bit of pain in the elbow but he needs to step up a bit more to become a force.

Potential is there 100%. Knockout power isn't and never really has been. At middle or super middle. A lot of the time it has been flurries of punches that have stopped opponents.

GGG will be a VERY tough night for Eubank JR. As he would be for anyone but it'd be interesting to see GGG cope with JR.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The point about his defence is an interesting one. I think his head movement is exceptional. He barely gets hit with head shots because of the way he slips punches. The problem is more his footwork. He's too static. His father was very fleet of foot, always moving around the ring. I don't really see that with Jr.

I agree Golovkin would hurt him badly. Not necessarily because of his superior boxing ability, but more because of his body shots. Eubank can slip all he wants with his head but if his body is still in punching range Golovkin will be sinking those Macklin style body shots in and taking whatever energy Eubank has right out of him. 6 rounds of that and the head wouldn't be slipping punches with the same regularity anymore. 

I agree 100% about the wayward left hooks. Better fighters would've made him pay for that. Quinlan was resilient, but he didn't make any adjustments whatsoever. He was still getting hit by the same rabbit punch in the clinch at the end of the fight he was getting hit with in the first round.

Agree with that

He has no chance against Lara or Golovkin yet for me. Weren't they saying he has issues with his right elbow,if he cant throw straight rights he will struggle at the next level.

If he is staying at super middle Abraham might be a good test. If he goes back down maybe Lemieux,Peter Quillin or Andy Lee

Yeah they mentioned it in the commentary, could be the reason why he was throwing more looping shots than straight punches. I like Eubank's chances in every one of those fights you've mentioned.

The point about his defence is an interesting one. I think his head movement is exceptional. He barely gets hit with head shots because of the way he slips punches. The problem is more his footwork. He's too static. His father was very fleet of foot, always moving around the ring. I don't really see that with Jr.

I agree Golovkin would hurt him badly. Not necessarily because of his superior boxing ability, but more because of his body shots. Eubank can slip all he wants with his head but if his body is still in punching range Golovkin will be sinking those Macklin style body shots in and taking whatever energy Eubank has right out of him. 6 rounds of that and the head wouldn't be slipping punches with the same regularity anymore. 

I agree 100% about the wayward left hooks. Better fighters would've made him pay for that. Quinlan was resilient, but he didn't make any adjustments whatsoever. He was still getting hit by the same rabbit punch in the clinch at the end of the fight he was getting hit with in the first round.

Eubank takes far too many shots to get in with Golovkin. 

Yeah they mentioned it in the commentary, could be the reason why he was throwing more looping shots than straight punches. I like Eubank's chances in every one of those fights you've mentioned.

Really, mate?

I think Lara and Golovkin would eat him alive.

There are levels in boxing and thrashing domestic level fighters is an entirely different animal to facing two of the best fighters in the world, one of of whom is just too good, and the other is both too good and awfully violent.

I assumed Boss meant the 4 mentioned later in Flash's post re Eubank ? not Lara or GGG

With Price it is a shame that he can't seemingly get motivated to get into any shape at all. Once Lennox Lewis said that he had offered to take on Pricey for a month to help him but he ' couldn't do it for whatever reason' allied to his eye-watering weight, I suspected the fight would go the way it did.

As a poster said before he could get down to 18 stone or so without hardly any effort at all but just seems to hope his punching power will get him a few quick wins and a payday on the back of them.

Pity as he comes across as a great lad and is a decent pundit.

• Upvote 1

Really, mate?

I think Lara and Golovkin would eat him alive.

There are levels in boxing and thrashing domestic level fighters is an entirely different animal to facing two of the best fighters in the world, one of of whom is just too good, and the other is both too good and awfully violent.

My fault really, i should've been more specific. I meant the last four names Lee mentioned (Abraham, Quillin, Lee and Lemieux). Lara and Golovkin would be too much for him.

I assumed Boss meant the 4 mentioned later in Flash's post re Eubank ? not Lara or GGG

With Price it is a shame that he can't seemingly get motivated to get into any shape at all. Once Lennox Lewis said that he had offered to take on Pricey for a month to help him but he ' couldn't do it for whatever reason' allied to his eye-watering weight, I suspected the fight would go the way it did.

As a poster said before he could get down to 18 stone or so without hardly any effort at all but just seems to hope his punching power will get him a few quick wins and a payday on the back of them.

Pity as he comes across as a great lad and is a decent pundit.

He relies on punches he barely throws. I called it after the first round that he was absolutely blowing in that corner. He took no notice at all of his trainers advice to shoot soft lefts and move around the ring. Terrible prep and he is arguably a better boxer than the fella last night but he hasn't got the spirit required to go through the barrier. 

My fault really, i should've been more specific. I meant the last four names Lee mentioned (Abraham, Quillin, Lee and Lemieux). Lara and Golovkin would be too much for him.

No worries, I was a bit surprised.

Aside from GGG, Middleweight is a pretty weak division and they can all probably beat each other.

It's a bit of a shame that we'll never how Golovkin really is, because he's so far ahead of the rest of the pack. Be nice if the 154lbers stepped up; facing the Charlos, Lara and Andrade would go a good way to make it clear he's the best fighter in the game.

Martin Murray calling out Eubank on Instagram earlier. I'd fancy Murray in that one if I'm honest, Eubank relies on a barrage punches to stop his opponents I don't think Murray would allow him to do that and would actually test his chin.

De Geale wipes the floor with him I'd say so does Groves and Callum Smith, Eubank is a cock, his whole demeanour is just cringe.

Martin Murray calling out Eubank on Instagram earlier. I'd fancy Murray in that one if I'm honest, Eubank relies on a barrage punches to stop his opponents I don't think Murray would allow him to do that and would actually test his chin.

De Geale wipes the floor with him I'd say so does Groves and Callum Smith, Eubank is a cock, his whole demeanour is just cringe.

Be a good fight that with Murray. Eubank punishes but Murray can take a lot. Groves would rearrange him. Callum beats him too but de Gale is a fanny I hate him. If they both fought id want the ref to win. 

Be a good fight that with Murray. Eubank punishes but Murray can take a lot. Groves would rearrange him. Callum beats him too but de Gale is a fanny I hate him. If they both fought id want the ref to win.

De Gale is a fanny and is hard to like but he has fast hands and is a very good boxer. I think I agree you with on wanting the ref to win or a Rocky style double knockout with imminent retirement for both.

Eubank beats Murray comfortably.

I can't see it mate, how do you think Eubank wins comfortably?

Would love to see eubank vs callum smith, personally I think smith would ruin him inside of six rounds. Eubank carries his hands low and gets hit too often.

As much as it was a joke of a fight eubank was in last night it's served its purpose as people are talking about him again.

Everytime Murray has stepped out of European level he has lost,he would again

Groves would fuck it up too,he is a prick on the lvels youd get by mixing Mayweather,Eubank and Hamed all togther

Watch him getting KOd by Froch today. His fucking entrance on the bus deserved him getting knocked the fuck out too

I honestly can't see it, Eubank is too open for the counter while he's prancing about, the levels that Murray has fought at would tell and he'd take advantage of it, he'd basically do what Eubank does to people and smother him with punches. I reckon it would be an amazing fight if it happened because they are both quite open to be hit and are fit as fuck.