You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A), 8pm, 16/09/16, Friday Night Lights

Trumo

I'm assuming Lovren will have both eyes open by Friday. I wouldn't throw Karius in for his debut here especially coming back from an injury lay off. Some much less scary home games coming up for that  . Milner at LB but even so still a vulnerable back 4 against a striker that likes to rough up defenders. If we draw them out and hit them with our pace then we have a chance,  Can't see Mongo being fit which is a pity really given he's got less pace than Lucas these days. Think it will end up a draw,  

Our players would get more change out of John Terry than David Luiz. If we are the sort of team that pumps balls into the box, that plays to Terry's strengths. But we're not that team. We're more about the movement and pace, and even though Luiz is far from perfect, he's much more of an athlete and more suited to defend against our players than Terry.

Hopefully our attacking play is so good that it doesn't matter, as I think that when we are on, we will score against anyone. The big question is what happens at the back. Matip looks the part and we are looking more solid as we go, but it's still not quite there yet, and they have the players to capitalize on one error, and they also have one or two who can produce a goal from nothing.

It will be a very good game and will also be a good barometer to how our side is progressing.

Matic and Kante are quite physical players so I'd play Can for Wijnaldum. I'd be tempted to play Origi as his pace in theory would test their slow back line but Sturridge had a wonderful game on Saturday, it'd be wrong to deny him the opportunity to build his form. Neither Lallana or Firmino deserves to be dropped just yet so Coutinho will have to wait for his chance.

Karius

Lovren

Matip

Clyne

Milner

Can

Hendo

Lallana

Mane

Firmino

Sturridge