You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Ok here goes;

Average salary pension

25 days holiday

2 weeks per year redundancy capped at 52 weeks max

I don't recognise the comment on poor performance being allowed and I know that every single person I know who's been lmade redundant has done well.

None of the above is normal for a MNC

Labour has gained 150,000 new members in the three days since the election.

The Conservative Party has just under 150,000 members in total.

That's because most of them send their money overseas. Is it easy to set up a direct debit from the Cayman islands?

What's wrong with that? I don't want to pay more tax.

I don't think anyone wants to pay more tax, but personally I'd be happy to pay a bit more tax (I'm nowhere near the higher tax bracket), if it meant I wasn't getting emails from my daughters school asking for donations to make up for the shortfall in the school funding. I'm not saying your way is wrong or right, just different ways of looking at it.

• Upvote 1

As is mentioned paying more tax generally means a higher standard of living as it offset in other areas,health,education,transport etc, and income tax is not the be all and end all.

I think the tax I pay is enough, I don't want to pay more. I'm happy to pay what I pay now (well not happy but you get my drift).

Do you agree that the chances of my tax going up in the next 5 years would increase with Labour in charge?

I think the tax I pay is enough, I don't want to pay more. I'm happy to pay what I pay now (well not happy but you get my drift).

Do you agree that the chances of my tax going up in the next 5 years would increase with Labour in charge?

It depends on your salary and I have no idea what that is. Ive always had low paid jobs but never had a problem paying more tax if it meant my family getting a free education and medical treatment when ill. Maybe other prices would drop to even out a tax hike? Apparently Labour has a brilliantly costed manifesto that nobody has seen because nobody would dare publish it.

Nobody is arsed about your fucking tax either.

No,these questions will be asked and its important to explain,if possible,how 'if' you pay a bit more income tax you gain in many other ways. My generation got through on other people's taxes, and those before them etc,so its important to explain how and why.

It depends on your salary and I have no idea what that is. Ive always had low paid jobs but never had a problem paying more tax if it meant my family getting a free education and medical treatment when ill. Maybe other prices would drop to even out a tax hike? Apparently Labour has a brilliantly costed manifesto that nobody has seen because nobody would dare publish it.

My wife and I pay 40%, nothing special there. We are a long long way from the highest rate.

Labour has a costed manifesto but for everything to deliver everything has to work. Which it won't because it never does.

My wife and I pay 40%, nothing special there. We are a long long way from the highest rate.

Labour has a costed manifesto but for everything to deliver everything has to work. Which it won't because it never does.

Having a national debt at 1.8 trillion can't be working surely?

• Upvote 1

Having a national debt at 1.8 trillion can't be working surely?

It's clearly not working, and 5 more years of austerity would bring this country to its knees; but Rico has a comfortable life, so, why should he care?

...or something.

And neither has it been working for a long time and yet you are still surviving. If you are looking for a perfect world it doesn't exist, but if you don't believe there is a much better way then you are wrong.

For the record my sister and brother in law most likely are on the 40% rate and live in a nice house in Ainsdale with 3 great kids and nice cars but there is not a chance they would never vote Labour because they see the major benefits in an alternative society.

Tim Farron aimed his campaign at sweeping up the 16m people that voted remain. He got 14 seats.

Jeremy Corbyn, predicted to destroy the Labour Party and hand the Tories a 150 majority, faced with a gang of appalling backstabbing shithouses in his own party, and one of the most repulsive media campaigns against him, pulled off one of the most surprising and spectacular election results for decades.

A Lib Dem making a joke at Labour's expense...

• Upvote 1