You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - League cup final

Sugar Ape

How many times before today have we lost on pens? I'm sure it's more, but I can remember one occasion. To Wimbledon at Selhurst Park, in 1993 or 1994. Coming away from the ground was horrible.

3 before today mate. On top of the one you mention there was Northampton under The Owl and Besiktas, when Lovren saved the world by knocking that meteorite off course.
  • Upvote 1

Only we could lose against this PILE OF SHITE.

Fuck OFF SHITTY. FUCK OFF Mignolet YOU UTTER CUNT, Fuck off Kompany and FUCK OFF TOURE YOU SHITFACE.

You Jamaican pony celebrate your well paid trophy, you ISIS looking bastard.

Someone take away his Kalashniikov. He needs to be put on suicide watch.

Henderson is one of a number of players that need fucking off, pronto.

Yep, he's never going to be the player we all hoped he would be. Completely incapable of dictating a game or turning in tight areas to get us going towards the opposition goal. Doesn't score enough goals either.

Nice lad, good professional, but just far too meek and lacking in the requisite skills to be a top midfield player.

Hopefully this is a watershed for this squad now, Im confident most of these clueless spineless twats wont be here next season, Milner was a joke from the 1st minute until the last, I've always thought Henderson would come good but looks like i was way off on that, i'm Gutted tonight.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, Northampton. I'd managed to erase that from my memory, thankfully.

Fucking hell, I was so confident when mignolet pulled off those saves. Then when it went to penalties I was convinced it was our day, cause that's just what we do, isn't it? Feel a bit empty now.

Its always hard to take but we lost to a much better side,but only just and we have a manager far better than most others. The fact he was able to change personnel,tactics,team shape and motivate a bunch of millionaire losers to within an inch of a trophy is a major achievement to me.

One thing that concerns me is that he doesnt have much luck in finals but if we get to a few more I reckon that will change. He is a massive upgrade on our last one so we need not complain too much.

Guest Pistonbroke

One thing I'm sure about, that loss will make Klopp hungrier to land us trophies, up to FSG to back him as we need at least 5 decent players come summer. Keeper, CB, DM, Winger and forward. 

I think Milner would have taken a penalty if he had the chance. We've seen him tuck them away before. Whatever his limitations as a player, I don't think a lack of bottle can be attributed to him. 

Henderson for a penalty? I could maybe see him swerve it. 

Sturridge? I could definitely see him swerve it. 

It was clear as day Milner was pencilled in for the fifth and Sturridge could barely move.

Milner isn't a coward, by any stretch of the imagination.

I wouldn't call him a coward (far from it) you don't see him sherk a challenge but you have to admit he is pretty shit, and has been all season £140k a week wasted.

I feel for the people off here who went today. I didn't watch the game myself and haven't seen one for ages. Other than posting on here, I'm pretty much done with football. However, I've recently been reading books from the 'Got, Not Got'/'The Lost World of' series, which have reminded me how I much I used to love Liverpool Football Club and football in general. I can't recommend the books enough. Get on them, if you haven't done already.