You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa V Liverpool

Arl arse

The setup we had against Villa is probably the best one we can put out at this moment. I'm still not a fan of the Henderson-Milner-Can midfield but it was made to look a lot better yesterday because Coutinho and Firmino drop deep and make up for their lack of technical ability. All they really have to do is to do the donkey work and keep things simple. 

Sturridge is such a game-changer as well. Having him fit for an extended period of time would mask so many of our deficiencies.

Very good performance and that game was an example of what the team is capable of.Fans have been saying this is the worst squad we've had but I've always maintained its one of the strongest.We still have very good players out injured and the two strikers who returned are not even at their best yet.

I've always rated Origi and said all last season if we had him in the squad we would have got fourth last season, his movement and link up play is very good and he has the pace our team relies on.Now that he's fit and in good form we should be able to rotate him and Sturridge so Daniel doesn't get played too much.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If it's a good squad why does it take only two injuries to sink the club into mid-table?

That's the argument you could make against the squad, I think it's one of the strongest we've had but maybe the prem teams have got stronger then they were a few years ago.

If we had our key players fit I think we are strong enough to challenge, it's not acceptable that the team falls apart when a couple of players get injured though.Origi has progressed and I'm hoping it Sturridge gets injured again he will be able to step in for him, a top dm and gk added to the squad should see us get 4th atleast next season.

• Downvote 1

That's the argument you could make against the squad, I think it's one of the strongest we've had but maybe the prem teams have got stronger then they were a few years ago.

If we had our key players fit I think we are strong enough to challenge, it's not acceptable that the team falls apart when a couple of players get injured though.Origi has progressed and I'm hoping it Sturridge gets injured again he will be able to step in for him, a top dm and gk added to the squad should see us get 4th atleast next season.

Yes, this is the whole point of having a strong squad. That if this eventuality happens the team will not fall apart.

The fact that it does strongly implies that we do not have a strong squad.

Yes, this is the whole point of having a strong squad. That if this eventuality happens the team will not fall apart.

The fact that it does strongly implies that we do not have a strong squad.

We have four strikers who are capable of getting atleast 15-20 goals a season, it was very unlucky to lose them all at the same time and we also had a lot of injuries in other positions.

In a normal season we would have been ok and got top 4 imo, there's two very good players for nearly every position apart from gk and dm.

• Downvote 1

We have four strikers who are capable of getting atleast 15-20 goals a season, it was very unlucky to lose them all at the same time and we also had a lot of injuries in other positions.

In a normal season we would have been ok and got top 4 imo, there's two very good players for nearly every position apart from gk and dm.

Four? The club knew about Sturridges injury problems, and Benteke has not shown he is capable of playing a starring role in the setup. I really like Ings but I think 15-20 is a bit ambitious. I don't know who else you're referring to. Origi?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Four? The club knew about Sturridges injury problems, and Benteke has not shown he is capable of playing a starring role in the setup. I really like Ings but I think 15-20 is a bit ambitious. I don't know who else you're referring to. Origi?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Ings and Origi are capable of 15-20 goals a season imo, definitely in all competitions and if they were regulars in the prem team Id expect them to score a lot.

As for xerxes I take it your joking but I do think Sturridge should be rested for tonight's game, he's fit and injury free and we should be trying to keep him that way for as long as possible.Playing 3 games in a week doesn't sound like the best idea to me, if he plays every game from now we are doing the same thing as we did the last 2 years which hasn't worked.