You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend a Kodi Box

redheart

Mine was working fine at 6-7Mb, mate. It was only when I got more Firesticks for the house that I decided to upgrade the broadband. We're on about 35Mb now and there's no noticeable difference on Kodi. Usually any problems seem to come from the sites that are hosting the streams but there's so many add ons to choose from that it's easy to find a working stream.

I have a 50-70 mbps or kbps or whatever Virgin call it but live streams are still shit. I will deffo get a paid one in new season.

Just get a Firestick if they are still 20 quid, Paulie. They are fine for what you want.

If you have a hard drive already full of downloads you want to play then it might be worth spending a bit more.

My missus is now flapping that she won't be able to record things and her friend has an "open box" which is "100% like sky but not sky"

Is she chatting shit?

You can get boxes from people such as Zgemma which are like Sky but they only cost between £50 and £100 per year. They're not legal, obviously, and I've got no experience of them myself. If I watched more telly I'd probably look into getting one but we only really watch it for a couple of hours a night in bed.

Anything you want to record will be up on Kodi/iPlayer, etc within a few hours anyway.

My missus is now flapping that she won't be able to record things and her friend has an "open box" which is "100% like sky but not sky"

Is she chatting shit?

It's a satellite receiver. Don't know much about it but I doubt it's much different to a Dreambox. You will need a satellite dish and pay someone for access. If you get a decent, cheap provider it can be well worth it for live TV. Probably a good French selection of channels for her as well.

What it won't be good at (unless you can also stick Kodi on it) is everything else that Kodi is good at. Stuff like pretty much any TV and film being available whenever you want it and full replays of the match if you've missed it.

It's a satellite receiver. Don't know much about it but I doubt it's much different to a Dreambox. You will need a satellite dish and pay someone for access. If you get a decent, cheap provider it can be well worth it for live TV. Probably a good French selection of channels for her as well.

What it won't be good at (unless you can also stick Kodi on it) is everything else that Kodi is good at. Stuff like pretty much any TV and film being available whenever you want it and full replays of the match if you've missed it.

Cheers mate.  I'm just going to get the stick and save myself £40 a month and she can just watch home and away and greys anatomy on loop for all eternity

• 2 weeks later...

Last night it was perfect tonight everything is buffering to fuck. It's right next to my router. Might need to upgrade to a faster internet?Just tested and I'm Downloading at over 9mb/s

That's fast enough. Restarting the router occasionally is usually a good idea.

It might be too slow for 1080p streams, not sure. More likely just the source.

• Upvote 1

hello, im after advice,

whats a good one off ebay? my NOW tv Plex subscription just ran out. I'm after mainly the football but, series, and films too.

I'm not good with tech so don't mind paying a bit extra for an easy to use thing.

off topic, how do i change the quote after my posts on this site?

thanks

OK Sportsmania is it worth it?

What is the quality like? Is there much buffering?

I've been using it since last November and not had many problems. The odd buffer, but none that bad. The people who run it have a Games section where daily games are listed. These tend to be US broadcasts rather than Sky, I tend to use them more.

Everyone will have different setups and speed at home. They have a Facebook group for support, you see people posting there occasionally slagging off but I have never had issues to that extent.

My recommendation would be to do what I did - sign up for a month initially, about £13, and see if it suits you. I then signed up for 6 months for £26, and then renewed again in May.

Watched the Arsenal game using the foreign streams this time and it was much better. Bein was 2 minutes behing but went off(probably because of its HD quality) then switched to NBCSN link and that stayed on for the rest of the game and was only about 20 seconds behind. It seems foreign streams in the UK is the way to go.