You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Neither here nor there set against boxes sold and TV revenues.

Really? They can't even get a sponsor for it despite the fanfare when it opened. They sold that day like Madrid do when they land another worldie, forgetting that it's what's on the pitch people turn up for, not how comfy my new seat is.

These don't invest like a big club should this summer then those boxes won't be renewed and if we're not in the money pot champions league again then we'll be getting nowhere near our rivals for the TV money.

There's no way the Far East massive are making an effort to stop off here to watch a new batch of lazar markovic's next season

There is the caveat to all this that our current players could just 'play better', like they did earlier.

Or more likely Klopps setup had them over performing and they have reverted to the norm.

Similar to Leicester and Chelsea but Chelsea have the star quality like Hazard, Costa, Kante and Luiz to drag some of their bums to another level.

• Upvote 1

Reading them comments on Henrys twitter is hilarious. Most of them are fully grown adults tweeting a billionaire sport owner and expecting him to think that because some div on twitter has told to spend money I will. How thick and childish are these morons who tweet celebrities like they are mates. One of my mates does it all the time, he spends hours on twitter arguing with people he doesn't know whilst congratulating his mate "Floyd" (as in Mayweather) all my other mates take the piss out of him constantly.

FSG are generally pretty inept in who they place in positions of power, but they hired the best manager available. You'd need a fairly low opinion of Klopp to think he'd just take the money and keep his mouth shut if funds were being withheld; he signed a new contract, must have been given assurances, and has no real allegiance to the club so could kick and squeal all he liked if they were fucking him - and us - over.

The reality is it seems he chose not to spend, and even got shirty about the pressure from the press to do so, looking forward to when the window ended. He's an idealist as a coach and backed his own ability to make these players better, and for the first half of the season it looked like he was succeeding to some degree.

I'm all for sticking the boot into FSG - and will be doing so the next time we fuck up negotiations or pointlessly monitor the fuck out of someone - but our slide from greatness is from before their time, and our current league form is down to a shit squad and over confidence from the coaching department to change Charles Hawtreys into Mike Tysons.

Good post. Klopp seemed genuinely appalled by the Pogba fee over the summer when it cropped up at a press conference. For good or for bad (or for seventh place), he has a more holistic view of football that suits FSG to the ground.

Good post. Klopp seemed genuinely appalled by the Pogba fee over the summer when it cropped up at a press conference. For good or for bad (or for seventh place), he has a more holistic view of football that suits FSG to the ground.

all the best and most successful Liverpool managers had a ruthless streak. he has to get brutal now. it's not like a Souness situation, he'll not be breaking up a side of winners.

their crime sheet is growing and this has to be addressed. sharpish.

Reading them comments on Henrys twitter is hilarious. Most of them are fully grown adults tweeting a billionaire sport owner and expecting him to think that because some div on twitter has told to spend money I will. How thick and childish are these morons who tweet celebrities like they are mates. One of my mates does it all the time, he spends hours on twitter arguing with people he doesn't know whilst congratulating his mate "Floyd" (as in Mayweather) all my other mates take the piss out of him constantly.

Some lad I know tweets celebrities all the time yet none reply. He kept tweeting Daley Thompson telling him how much of a hero he was to him, even though he was three years old when he won gold in LA.

Given the clamour for his appointment last season you'd have to assume it suited the supporters down to the ground as well, unless people failed to look beyond just the name.

Given the clamour for his appointment last season you'd have to assume it suited the supporters down to the ground as well, unless people failed to look beyond just the name.

That may have been the case with some fans but most people knew who he was and what he stood for and two finals in his first season reinforced his reputation. Problem is that Klopp is looking a little bit foolish by trusting players who bottled it big time in major finals as they are letting him down yet again.

It definitely suited - and generally still suits - both sides. I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

all the best and most successful Liverpool managers had a ruthless streak. he has to get brutal now. it's not like a Souness situation, he'll not be breaking up a side of winners.

their crime sheet is growing and this has to be addressed. sharpish.

I'm less concerned about who we'll buy (and what we'll spend) than the risk of Klopp believing that he can still make leaders and winners out of our current bunch rather than importing a few personalities who'll show them the way.

FSG need to back him whether it is a 4m quid lad from Forest or a 40m player from Germany that is all I want, if at the end of the summer window Klopp says (and means) he is happy with the additions and the squad then fair enough.. I just can't see how that can happen when there are yachts and helipads to be paid for!

The biggest transfer this summer must be our club into the hands of people who are actually prepared to go for it. If we ever get a player of the caliber of Suarez again and sell him, we should just empty the stadium for a year.  Henry had a gem and sold it for a pittance because he loves money more than art, but just like a blind man he couldn't see the true value of what he had. He has no understanding of the beauty of the game, he only sees it in terms of return on his investment. We need a Patron who will fund our passion, not some cold accountant who sees us as no more than an asset to be sold at the opportune moment. Fuck this shit. I'd rather see a ferrari crashed and burned than sit rusting to death in some rich twats garage.

• Upvote 6

The biggest transfer this summer must be our club into the hands of people who are actually prepared to go for it. If we ever get a player of the caliber of Suarez again and sell him, we should just empty the stadium for a year.  Henry had a gem and sold it for a pittance because he loves money more than art, but just like a blind man he couldn't see the true value of what he had. He has no understanding of the beauty of the game, he only sees it in terms of return on his investment. We need a Patron who will fund our passion, not some cold accountant who sees us as no more than an asset to be sold at the opportune moment. Fuck this shit. I'd rather see a ferrari crashed and burned than sit rusting to death in some rich twats garage.

You'll never stop the top players leaving. You can trace that back to Keegan and Rush but its how you replace them that counts. 

• Upvote 2

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Upvote 1

You'll never stop the top players leaving. You can trace that back to Keegan and Rush but its how you replace them that counts. 

Yep, correct. We all like to thing our players see LFC as the pinnacle of their career but they'll move on at the drop of a hat if they think the move would benefit them.

Id love us to sign top quality replacements all the time too but that's easier said than done when you're not winning titles and playing in the CL.