You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

We've definitely spent money under them but we've recouped a lot too. Coupled with increased revenues from all sorts of sources and we should be seeing a even a little bit more from them.

Biggest problem though is there daft moneyball strategy they brought which I'm sure some form of is still dictating our transfer business.

We almost won the title in that 7 years and to be fair, spent shed loads of cash on mid-average players.     

They haven't spent shed loads, the club not FSG has a net spend (I know not net spend) of around £145 million over the course of six and a half years. A decent amount yes but not mind blowing. Much of the expenditure, roughly around half has come from profit on player sales.

No doubt even with the available funds we've made extremely poor use of them which explains why Klopp is operating with such a limited squad and is effectively spending the first two years of his reign housekeeping.

• Upvote 1

They haven't spent shed loads, the club not FSG has a net spend (I know not net spend) of around £145 million over the course of six and a half years. A decent amount yes but not mind blowing. Much of the expenditure, roughly around half has come from profit on player sales.

No doubt even with the available funds we've made extremely poor use of them which explains why Klopp is operating with such a limited squad and is effectively spending the first two years of his reign housekeeping.

Our net transfer spend over the past three seasons is £73m, fifth highest behind Man City, Man U, Arsenal and West Ham.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Liverpool?updated-max=2016-11-22T07:17:00%2B01:00&max-results=20&start=1&by-date=false

They got the club for a steal, don't understand the game or this club. Getting away with giving the bare minimum while reaping the rewards. Klopp will do nothing of significance here with them as owners. Hope he wasn't duped but in a way I hope he was because he cannot turn these players into stars and it will take him 20 transfer windows at our current rate. The fans won't put up with it but there is always someone to buy a ticket. Or pay upfront for an ST. It's Groundhog Day.

They need to sell up and the new owners must have ambition or it will CL every 10 years for a season and the odd Cup each decade. Fuck off FSG.

They got the club for a steal, don't understand the game or this club. Getting away with giving the bare minimum while reaping the rewards. Klopp will do nothing of significance here with them as owners. Hope he wasn't duped but in a way I hope he was because he cannot turn these players into stars and it will take him 20 transfer windows at our current rate. The fans won't put up with it but there is always someone to buy a ticket. Or pay upfront for an ST. It's Groundhog Day.

They need to sell up and the new owners must have ambition or it will CL every 10 years for a season and the odd Cup each decade. Fuck off FSG.

Does anyone have an original thought around here? This is literally a carbon copy of every single post on the last 5 pages. 

Why is that? Wasn't it you who spoke about there being repercussions if we didn't get a result (which we didn't get)?

Yep, they can fuck off and stick to American sports, the know nothing money grabbing cunts. 

Why do they have to know the ins and outs of a given sport?

We like to trot out the Shankly quote about Directors only being their to sign the cheques but the minute we get our arses in our hands over a poor run they need to be experts in football?

Guest Pistonbroke

Why do they have to know the ins and outs of a given sport?

We like to trot out the Shankly quote about Directors only being their to sign the cheques but the minute we get our arses in our hands over a poor run they need to be experts in football?

It would help if they did, they clearly see us as a cash cow and nothing else. I'll repeat my opinion again. The know nothing cunts can fuck off. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't think it would change much if they knew more about the sport. First and foremost they are cunts.

True, I'm on about knowing the whole package though, what winning trophies bring to both the club and its fans. They don#t get this football lark and what it entails beyond money. 

True, I'm on about knowing the whole package though, what winning trophies bring to both the club and its fans. They don#t get this football lark and what it entails beyond money.

Yes, there is a way we can both win but it would require them to ditch all the cleverer than you shite and to take marginally more financial risks. They don't need to do either, sadly.

• Upvote 1

Because the concept of winning is so much different in other sports, football is that unique?

I don't think there will be riots any day soon.

Who said there would be ? Repercussions have already begun, as usual. Twitter bollocks and most of us venting on here. It won't get put up with forever. Another uneventful transfer window should see to that? Fan power helped to remove the last lot that nearly had us in administration.

Genuine question as I only heard snippets about some leaks the other day regarding FSG being happy for us to go into admin. Is that true ?