You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Ffs angry, you're sounding  more and more like Margret Hodge with a bad hangover every single post.

Give  yourself and the the silly slurs a break or i ll be Rudolf Hess by the end of the night.

I can back my "silly slurs" up by citing your siding with Fascists when their actions are opposed by the EU. 

Your nonsense about Margaret Hodge ot whatever have no basis in reality and are unsupported by anything I've posted.

You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

11 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I can back my "silly slurs" up by citing your siding with Fascists when their actions are opposed by the EU. 

Your nonsense about Margaret Hodge ot whatever have no basis in reality and are unsupported by anything I've posted.

You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

Good God angry you've lost the plot. By throwing around your ridiculously silly slurs you do indeed sound like Margret Hodge

I'm as  much  a fascist aa Corbyn is an anti Semite. Sorry Marge

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Since 2013 BBC Question Time has featured anti-EU MEPs 33 times and not one single pro-EU MEP.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/

If there was ever a stat to prove the agenda of those that lead the BBC, then that's it. So partisan and one sided it's beyond ridicule.

2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If there was ever a stat to prove the agenda of those that lead the BBC, then that's it. So partisan and one sided it's beyond ridicule.

It's dreadful but governments have a choke lead around their necks with the license fee.

This mob have been particularly blatant in their manipulation of the Brexit agenda and the BBC has lost a lot of credibility as a result but it's not anew phenomena. It's probably time news and current affairs was hived off and became a commercial channel. 

4 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Surely footballers and actors should stay out of politics. Oh hold on.

They're people and they have the vote... failing to see why they should stay out of politics

Did somebody famous get slagged of for being a Tory recently?

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

It's dreadful but governments have a choke lead around their necks with the license fee.

This mob have been particularly blatant in their manipulation of the Brexit agenda and the BBC has lost a lot of credibility as a result but it's not anew phenomena. It's probably time news and current affairs was hived off and became a commercial channel. 

Commercial?

So it can be balanced and independent like Fox News?

Nah. Something needs doing, but not privatisation. 

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

They're people and they have the vote... failing to see why they should stay out of politics

Did somebody famous get slagged of for being a Tory recently?

Yup.

Someone expressed an opinion.  Some other people expressed the opposite opinion.  Nobody denied anybody's right to express an opinion. 

1 hour ago, rico1304 said:

Much much much worse than that, they criticised JC. 

Haha, who was the swine?

Edit... it was Noel Gallagher wasn't it?

He is a massive bellend so I'd be quite annoyed to find out he supported JC

Didn't he mouth off about LFC recently, as well? 

Has he got a new album out?

My kids shocked me this evening with the strength of their belief that there should not be a People's Vote because like it or not we have to accept the outcome of the original referendum and that we should not be continuing to campaign for further votes until we get the result that satisfies us.

It did not matter to them all the arguments I gave for wanting to remain in the EU, they agree with me, but for them the overriding concern is their belief that democracy has to be upheld.

As they pointed out I have used the exact same arguments against those who continue to fight for Scottish independence in the face of the referendum result in 2014.

Are they right?

In short, no.

In this instance, the demand for a second referendum is mostly by people, myself included, who would like more nuanced options than yes or no and ones that reflect the actual impact of leaving the EU. I'd like to know if people still want to leave, knowing what we know now about how shit a deal we'll get.

So it isn't a re-run of the original referendum as such.

I suspect the outcome wouldn't change much because, you know, foreigners and that. Also, people are fucking stupid.

5 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

In short, no.

In this instance, the demand for a second referendum is mostly by people, myself included, who would like more nuanced options than yes or no and ones that reflect the actual impact of leaving the EU. I'd like to know if people still want to leave, knowing what we know now about how shit a deal we'll get.

So it isn't a re-run of the original referendum as such.

I suspect the outcome wouldn't change much because, you know, foreigners and that. Also, people are fucking stupid.

It’s just another reminder of how badly the whole thing was framed in the first place with seemingly no thought to the possibility of a Leave vote

18 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Best out of 3?

I'm assuming you didn't vote in the 2017 general election seeing as it was only 2 years after the last one?

As for the referendum, I suppose if the Tories had the interest of the country at heart then there's be little talk of another vote. However with this purely being a Tory bunfight and the cost being lost industries then I'd say it's quite fair to ask the question again but you just have to listen to leave voters generally to realise that the only solution is a hard brexit and a few months of hunger and lack of medicines.