You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 "I would move there tomorrow" Destinations

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

Kind of weird that some people who blame America for everything THATS wrong with the world want to live there...

I was thinking that myself....makes you wonder. 

In no order I don't think

Brighton - I live in a village in the South Downs a few miles north of Brighton. Lived in Brighton for years, loved it, love where I live now.

Great location, 25 mins from Gatwick, 50 to london, seaside, South Downs. Superb place to live and go out, everything you need on your doorstep. Between my village, the neighbouring one and Brighton I can't see myself living elsewhere in the UK.

Split/Trogir - have visited a good few times now. Lovely spot, great weather, love the Balkans.History, sea, love the food and Croatian lifestyle. Me and the Missus always talk about possible holiday home or retirement here. If we weren't having kids we would have considered living out on the Croatian Coast for a few years at least.

Reykjavik - not sure I could live here for the rest of my life as the language barrier would be difficult to bridge. I've visited twice, I like the pace and quality of life, the sheer beauty of the Icelandic environment and women help too.

Sarajevo - I was absolutely taken by the city, it's story, history, culture and beauty. Again I'm not 100% I could live here super long term, but would be happy to do 5 or so years.

The Lakes - if I had to live elsewhere in the UK, in about 20 years I could see myself living in the Lakes for the hillwalking, peace and quiet.

San Fran - would love to go back but couldn't put up with all the bums day in day out.

Rather live in Santa Cruz and pretend to be Corey Haim, even with all those God damn vampires.

Maui - pretty much paradise, might even learn to surf.

Cairns is a great shout. Would love to go back one day

Currently on holiday in Praia da luz in Portugal (where Maddie got snatched/killed by her folks) been coming here for twenty years. Would move here in a heartbeat.

I love where i live now.  But amongst the places I've lived and worked in, Barcelona, Zurich, Munich and Brussels (don't be too shocked) were great, and I love Geneva, Vienna and lots of rural Italy.  Seville and the South West of France too.  Copenhagen, the Island burbs of Stockholm, Edinburgh, and the Portuguese interior.  I have a place in the quieter area of the Algarve, near Carvoeiro, which is lovely, though I couldn't live there permanently.  I could live in Manhattan, once my kids have flown the nest, but large portions of the US are deadly dull and backward.  Detroit is a disgrace, Chicago is schizophrenic and fucking freezing in the winter, and SF is too false.  Miami is like a cartoon, except the bits where you get shot.  Americans are largely dumb as well.  I couldn't be doing with all that violence, religion, private health cover and apple pie.  

For me, it would probably be somewhere civilised in Europe where the weather suits my shants.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Kind of weird that some people who blame America for everything THATS wrong with the world want to live there...

I'd imagine some are able to separate foreign policy with the physical place or people of a country. What a daft comment.

I work just at the top of the Gosport road near the town centre, at the marina opposite cams hill golf course. Its nice here but the further you get into Gosport itself its fucking grim.

Not sure about the chippy couldn't tell you where it is. The pub in southwick would have been the red lion or the green lion I think? I was based at HMS Dryad up the road for a short while

Gosport is dump I worked there at HMS sultan / centurion for around 18months there just wasn't anything to do on breaks.

Some of the areas around it were ok though I think I've been to the pub you guys are on about but can't remember the name at all.

Gosport is dump I worked there at HMS sultan / centurion for around 18months there just wasn't anything to do on breaks. Some of the areas around it were ok though I think I've been to the pub you guys are on about but can't remember the name at all.

Golden Lion in Southwick. http://thegoldenlionsouthwick.co.uk/

I searched for it after Stig said he thought it was the Green or Red Lion.

I worked at Rowner Village, the really rough flats which had been old Naval accommodation on Grange Road which was on the East side of Sulan. 

That pub is in a very small village in the middle of nowehere. Their are two little pubs. Not been since 2001, they sued to do pound a pint on a Wednesday night so we would go there, get fucking hammered then head down to portsmouth seafront to a club called Joanna's

if anyone ever went to Joanna's you will know just how harrowing my life was in 2001 although to be fair, I got my sex education through that place. And learnt how to fight. If you couldn't pull in there you had two heads and if you dared even have a head it was getting punched. that kind of place. fucking ace though.

It has very little to do with their foreign policy.

Didn't think it did.  America's not high up my trip wishlist either, so using my stunning powers of deduction I have a fairly good stab at the idea you wouldn't go wild on the place, having read enough of your posts on what you look for.

Ah small world, there seems to be a few forumites along the south. I used to drive over from Bournemouth every day to gosport luckily it was queuing the other way on my journey so used to take an hour. Now mine is a simple drive into Southampton which is 40 mins all being well. I'm getting closer to home.

That's the pub we went there for lunch and it was very good definitely recommend.

I'd imagine some are able to separate foreign policy with the physical place or people of a country. What a daft comment.

I thought you had me on ignore?

All the cops are racist, all the people are fat and thick, government is corrupt - things said here all the time. I find it strange that's all.

Funny comment about separation though.