You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ghostbusters 3

Special K

If you don't like the odd comment pulling people up on sexism and misogyny then don't post in that style.

Just a suggestion.

Women aren't funny is no more or less retarded a thing to say than blacks aren't funny. I'll respond accoringly. Ta.

There's a definite growth of it on the GF.

Top bantz tho, innit.

I haven't noticed it. 

You do act like a bit of a prefect though, you self righteous prat.

Banter though innit

• Upvote 1

I haven't noticed it.

You do act like a bit of a prefect though, you self righteous prat.

Banter though innit

Calling out sexists, racists and homophobes always gets you called self-righteous by people who can't be arsed dealing with it.

Goes with the turf.

Actually read some of the comments through the eyes of an actual human woman. Everyday sexism, every day.

• Upvote 1

Calling out sexists, racists and homophobes always gets you called self-righteous by people who can't be arsed dealing with it.

Goes with the turf.

Actually read some of the comments through the eyes of an actual human woman. Everyday sexism, every day.

Its erm, impossible. 

How did you manage that? 

Empathy.

Listen Stu, jokes aside, I don't think anyone is genuinely homophobic, and obviously not racist ( Not sure i've seen much racism ?) and as for sexist - I'd rather we heard from one of our very own TLW girls about this. I know full well Champ is frequently on the World Of A Woman thread and i've not seen her complain once. 

My suspicion is that you are not really that arsed but just fancy 'having a go'. I may be wrong but you strike me as that kind of guy. Self-important and busy. 

You would make a good policeman. 

That said I like most of your posts so not attacking you ! Just an observation which may be well wide of the mark. 

• Upvote 1

Considering the vast majority of men on here live in fear of a woman at home and obey their every command, I don't see the problem with coming on a footy site to crack a few jokes and pretend they aren't under the thumb.

But Stu's right, it's exactly like racism.

*shakes head*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I take from that you aren't aware that "funniest" is a subjective term and that you may have a poor awareness of other female comedians.

She's certainly the most popular if you look at ticket sales and earnings of British comedians

Posted Image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100092/Ricky-Gervais-Peter-Kay-Britains-comedians-earning-20m-single-tour.html

Which I would consider implies Britain's funniest comedienne.

And she's as funny as AIDS

Just as a point of interest Stu, being a predominantly male board, you're going to get sexist comments, and I wouldn't be putting them in with racist and homophobic but that's me. I see racism and homophobia generally stemming from a personal hatred, and predjudice i highly doubt the vast majority of sexist comments are written with venom or sincerity. If you wander over to mumsnet or or any of them you can bet your bottom dollar there's plenty of sexism on the go, I don't see any harm in it, it's not vindictive or personal to anyone, but I can see where you're coming from.

• Upvote 1

Tell you what, the day men & women can't have a wee pop at each other, we might as well all pack it in, I hear the same thing about banter between Scottish & English people too. Fucking lighten up.

Fucking hell, you won't be able to say anything to anyone in 50 years & comparing it to having a go at black people is absolutely ridiculous.

Listen Stu, jokes aside, I don't think anyone is genuinely homophobic, and obviously not racist ( Not sure i've seen much racism ?) and as for sexist - I'd rather we heard from one of our very own TLW girls about this. I know full well Champ is frequently on the World Of A Woman thread and i've not seen her complain once.

My suspicion is that you are not really that arsed but just fancy 'having a go'. I may be wrong but you strike me as that kind of guy. Self-important and busy.

You would make a good policeman.

That said I like most of your posts so not attacking you ! Just an observation which may be well wide of the mark.

It is wide of the mark Stig. It's not in any way that I "want to have a go" (it's actually a fucking chore as it always gets this sort of response about being a busy cunt) and just that I think it is a comment that is worth saying in a sea of it not being said.

Nobody would dare to say that black people aren't funny but saying it about women is not even commented on. It's just everyday normality.

A woman reading it would within her rights to be pissed of with how comfortable people are with throwing it about and I just read it and, as I say, find it tedious as fuck and genuinely idiotic.

The line of shit bantz and genuine sexism seems to be rather blurred.

You might want to question why when looking for "one of our own girls" you don't have a very wide selection to choose from?

• Upvote 1