You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I can't believe I've just seen people suggest we sign John Terry on a Liverpool forum!

He'd be a great player for someone, just not us.

Would gladly take Cole though.

Totally agree mate. Fuck John Terry, he'd be a good signing wherever he goes, just wouldn't want him here, with his Mr Chelsea attitude of running the club top to bottom. His extreme lack of pace would also be massively highlight in our set up, he'd be exposed to having runners at and behind him. See how well he done with AVBs high line.

Cole on the otherhand, I've been saying for a while he's worth signing, is still and always has been top, top class. For me he's been the best left back in the world for the best part of 13 years. I don't think he's as much of a twat as the media would have you believe, the way he went about getting his move to Chelsea was a cuntish thing to do but from what I've read about him he's a real good professional and is apparently quite a quiet man. He just happened to cheat on the media "darling" at the time and got a real bad press. If we brought in a young left back with huge potential to complement him then I think long term it could work out really well for us.

• Upvote 1

Enrique and Cole in the left hand side is much stronger than Flano backed up by Cissokho. Move Flano to the right, wave goodbye to Aly, and then bring in a top level right back. That's a lot of strengthening.

I agree. Enrique being injured has hurt us. As long as he can regain his previous level, I think him and Cole would be adequate cover. A top level right back is a necessity. Move Flanno back to the right to provide competition/back-up and both full back positions would be covered.

• Upvote 1

Totally agree mate. Fuck John Terry, he'd be a good signing wherever he goes, just wouldn't want him here, with his Mr Chelsea attitude of running the club top to bottom. His extreme lack of pace would also be massively highlight in our set up, he'd be exposed to having runners at and behind him. See how well he done with AVBs high line.

Cole on the otherhand, I've been saying for a while he's worth signing, is still and always has been top, top class. For me he's been the best left back in the world for the best part of 13 years. I don't think he's as much of a twat as the media would have you believe, the way he went about getting his move to Chelsea was a cuntish thing to do but from what I've read about him he's a real good professional and is apparently quite a quiet man. He just happened to cheat on the media "darling" at the time and got a real bad press. If we brought in a young left back with huge potential to complement him then I think long term it could work out really well for us.

I agree, signing Cole may have to be the one compromise we have to make this summer so we can spend more elsewhere. He is a good player and only comes as a compromise due the bad press he has had.

Getting him in allows us to buy a right back to replace Johnson, we should keep Enrique one more season to prove his fitness and Flanagan can compete at right back and provide cover at left back if needed.

We do need to settle our defence and to do this we need an organiser and leader in there and be able to play 10 - 15 games without rotation.

Carra and Big Sami were organisers and leaders on the pitch. I'm far from convinced that either of our current cb's can provide this for us.

• Upvote 1

Its no coincidence that JT has gone from looking finished to a good player under mourinho.

Gary Neville highlighted a few weeks ago how azpilicuetas main job is to cover terrys arse the same way gallas did when there, terry is not good enough to play the way we set up as shown by how he has performed under previous Chelsea managers.

• Upvote 1

Its no coincidence that JT has gone from looking finished to a good player under mourinho.

Gary Neville highlighted a few weeks ago how azpilicuetas main job is to cover terrys arse the same way gallas did when there, terry is not good enough to play the way we set up as shown by how he has performed under previous Chelsea managers.

I'd love to see him play under Villas Boas again. That was hilarious, while it lasted...

Some of you are really thick. A season ago when Cole was on the verge of quitting chelsea  I suggested in this forum, that he would be a very good addition. I was called all sort of names and asked to get banned. Now some of you -and you know who you are- are suggesting the exact same thing, only a season later. Your girly behaviour is entertaining.  

Anyway, he would be a good solution to our right back drunkness issues. If we could only find a replacement for Lucas and Aspas, as well.

• Downvote 1

Ashley Cole would be a terrible signing.

What has made this team tick is the desire and hunger that spreads throughout the squad. Flanno is a prime example of how Brendan is able to tap into that and turn players into better versions of themselves.

Ashley Cole would be the antipathy of that.

• Upvote 4

It's a myth that we play a high line anyway, our back two play quite deep with Gerrard in front and the wing backs pushed up on the halfway line. The AVB high line is retarded, and every defender he's ever managed in that system has failed. 

You'd need ridiculous pace and incredible reading of the game to pull that off, the only two i could think of would be Thiago Silva and Sergio Ramos and both would still make the odd mistake. It's a stupid system, you can't blame Terry for that, especially seeing as though he turns like a cruise liner and is slow as fuck... put Carragher in that system and he'd look equally appalling if not more so.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Some of you are really thick. A season ago when Cole was on the verge of quitting chelsea I suggested in this forum, that he would be a very good addition. I was called all sort of names and asked to get banned. Now some of you -and you know who you are- are suggesting the exact same thing, only a season later. Your girly behaviour is entertaining.

Anyway, he would be a good solution to our right back drunkness issues. If we could only find a replacement for Lucas and Aspas, as well.

Can we ban this tit, etc?

Ashley Cole would be a terrible signing.

What has made this team tick is the desire and hunger that spreads throughout the squad. Flanno is a prime example of how Brendan is able to tap into that and turn players into better versions of themselves.

Ashley Cole would be the antipathy of that.

His current form probably has a lot to do with him wanting to make the world cup squad coupled with him still being pretty fresh after having played so little compared to previous seasons. I'd have doubts whether he'd keep that standard up over the next season here.
  • Upvote 1