You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10th anniversary of Facefuck

Dr Nowt

Never registered on it, never will.  Bag o' shite.  Millions of adults with perfectly good social skills, allowing the long-standing healthy way in which they interact with friends and present themselves to the world, to be insidiously amended to mirror that of the nerdy, maladjusted children who designed it.

Like taking cues on how to dress yourself from C-3PO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Never registered on it, never will. Bag o' shite. Millions of adults with perfectly good social skills, allowing the long-standing healthy way in which they interact with friends and present themselves to the world, to be insidiously amended to mirror that of the nerdy, maladjusted children who designed it.

Like taking cues on how to dress yourself from C-3PO.

Ive picked up quite a bit of work through FB, I find it useful. It saves money on running a website.

It also keeps me in the loop with family. No letters or expensive ph calls required.

Ive picked up quite a bit of work through FB, I find it useful. It saves money on running a website.

It also keeps me in the loop with family. No letters or expensive ph calls required.

More than anything else, I use it to connect with community groups, which has been really helpful.

Not so much into the 'look at me!' aspect of it.

I use it to share pics of the kids with relatives, mostly. Beats the hell out of emailing them all the time.

Fair do's.  As with most things there are obviously degrees, I can see how people use it to keep in touch with friends/family who live abroad, use it as a networking device for work, etc.  It's the daily dribble of pointless status updates I'm forever being advised of by wor lass and when in company, and the indiscriminate sharing of pictures with anyone they've ever met which baffles me.  I find out more about friends second and third hand due to that these days, and vice versa.

When I was a kid we used to have a big sideboard as I imagine many families of that era did, with all the birth certificates, family photos, etc in.  To me you might as well have taken that up to the pub and hoyed it out for anyone who fancied to come and have a fish through.

This has been like a failed Room 101 effort to be fair.  I'm just going to have to put myself in.

Complaining about something you've never used of been on. Well done. You've become one of THOSE people.

What's that, a smug cunt who raises his oh-so-arch eyebrow at things he's not interested in?

Appreciate you welcoming me into the fold like this.

• Upvote 1

What's more interesting than criticism of Facebook is sensitivity to criticism of Facebook.

Not a sensitivity, just always find it odd when people moan about things like Facebook when it clearly works for other people, and they claim to have never used it. How can you judge something like Facebook when you've never used it? Same applies to twitter. I think people feel some level of superiority because they claim not to use it. When in truth it doesn't matter.

I think people complaining about it when they've never used it are pretty much as daft as the people who feel the need to tell everyone they're leaving it because it's taking over their lives. It's social media. It really isn't that important either way whether you're on it or not.

• Upvote 2