You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you now just being pedantic ?

I previously stated IMO Ayre is doing exactly what FSG want him to do, thus deflecting attention away from FSG.

No I'm trying to get to the crux of this supposed conspiracy which up to this point seems to lack any semblance of logic.

Ayre is sabotaging the 'comittee' on behalf of FSG who have no interest in the club and are happy to drift along doing very little which seems to involve putting a group of people in place that makes doing very little that bit more complicated.

Meanwhile, given the perfect opportunity to drift and do very little for the maximum gain, they declined the opportunity to sell suarez in the summer despite having the perfect alibi to facilitate said sale and pick up a tidy profit.

Troll?

Genuinely not trolling. I might be proven wrong with time but he's all over the place every time I see him. He can't pass, the ball goes under his legs when he tries to make a tackle andits like Djimi has taken a whole load of steroids, changed his name and resigned for us. But this should be for another thread I guess, there's enough ire being aimed at Ayre without me taking some hits.

Genuinely not trolling. I might be proven wrong with time but he's all over the place every time I see him. He can't pass, the ball goes under his legs when he tries to make a tackle andits like Djimi has taken a whole load of steroids, changed his name and resigned for us. But this should be for another thread I guess, there's enough ire being aimed at Ayre without me taking some hits.

I think your getting him confused with Cissokho, to compare Sakho and Djimi is like saying David Moyes is a great football manager, complete rubbish

Sitting up late thinking, if Ayre never got on that harley, would we still be here? My head hurts, the question plagues my mind, night after restless night. What's the answer? Hell, sometimes I think it's all just a cruel trick and there is no solution to the riddle?! Did we get here by Ayre, arrive on the back of a harley? My memory is groggy, I can't work out whether I've dreamt it or did it happen. Somewhere in the back of my head, it sounds like voices shouting, angrily and with real hatred, they are saying nasty things, but as Ayre stands before me, I can't help but stare in awe. The voices are wrong, Ayre has done great things, magnificent things. The glow surrounding Ayre got brighter, his essence coursed throughout Anfield but is this just an illusion, a cynical trick from a fallen hero? As I stated, my perceptions are askew primarily due to sleep deprivation and the haunting ghosts outside the cold transfer window I peer out of. Trust in him, for now at least... Slowly we gathered pace and walked on.

Lots of love here for Sakho and it might just be me but I think Sakho is shit. Every tackle seems to be an impression of Bambi, and every run and scuffed pass seems to be another impression of Bambi. He's just quite a muscular version of Bambi who fills me with dread every time he is on the ball.

He's fucking awesome. He is aggressive and proactive with his tackling. Proactive with his passing rather than passing it side to side or back. Awesome in the air. The pity is we don't have a right sided version of him.

Awesome player.

Who are the 18 failures?  There are so many you could only mock this up Usual Suspects style if every character was a Hydra.

Dan Kennett @DanKennett

33 #LFC signings since Summer 2008 that aren't Academy, Loan or Reserve GK. I make 18 failures (55%) pic.twitter.com/5xRjeG53gs

BewVviSCQAEB-FS.png

Dan Kennett @DanKennett 27m

Total transfer costs of the 18 failures are £140m with just 410 total appearances for #LFC (average 23 per player)

Also worth noting that only 1 player signed since summer 2008 has over 100 (league) appearances for #LFC (Johnson with 129)

@Dan Kennett also worth noting we've had four different managers since 2008.

Without a doubt.  I think the general point he's making - I assume anyway, and perhaps do so incorrectly - is we've had a very patchy record for many years where signing players is concerned.  It hardly arrived with FSG, unpromising though it's been since.

Perhaps it's the same at other clubs too, to be fair those usually only bring fleeting joy and aren't dwelled on for as long as the duds you watch handicapping the club you support.  Feels like we're much worse than most, but that may just be the far greater interest taken in the various sagas, and frustration borne out of considering what you could have won, Bullseye style.

The most ridiculous thing to this whole saga, is that having missed out on Salah, and I don't believe he was one of a number of targets, in order to save face, we'll wrap up a deal for someone else in the last few days. 

So your pissed off that we haven 't signed anyone and then if we do you'll be pissed off over that? as the only reason they signed was to save face? 

We should take a punt on one of these Brazilians that have gone back home or never made the leap in the first place because of the money in Brazil. Pato would be handy and could be our right sided forward. Be a twat to sign him before a world cup in his home nation though. I'm sure Big Sami would be kind enough to give us Bender on the cheap, and I'm sure Bender would jump at the chance to be our new Didi. I miss Didi :(

We should take a punt on one of these Brazilians that have gone back home or never made the leap in the first place because of the money in Brazil. Pato would be handy and could be our right sided forward. Be a twat to sign him before a world cup in his home nation though. I'm sure Big Sami would be kind enough to give us Bender on the cheap, and I'm sure Bender would jump at the chance to be our new Didi. I miss Didi :(

Without a doubt.  I think the general point he's making - I assume anyway, and perhaps do so incorrectly - is we've had a very patchy record for many years where signing players is concerned.  It hardly arrived with FSG, unpromising though it's been since.

Perhaps it's the same at other clubs too, to be fair those usually only bring fleeting joy and aren't dwelled on for as long as the duds you watch handicapping the club you support.  Feels like we're much worse than most, but that may just be the far greater interest taken in the various sagas, and frustration borne out of considering what you could have won, Bullseye style.

I think in terms of wastage of money we have very few rivals. The worst for me were not the genuine flops like Aquilani but the ones everyone knew deep down were a pile of shite before they'd even kicked a ball, despite any excuses we'd try to make. They weren't particularly highly rated, had never really done anything of note, and were never going to make it here but we bought them anyway, often for decent money. Degen, Dossena, Konchesky etc. Baffling.

I just think it's inevitable that with so much change at the club there was a high turnover of players.  Also Suarez and Henderson are closing in on 100 league games so it hasn't all been bad. 

Who are the 18 failures?  There are so many you could only mock this up Usual Suspects style if every character was a Hydra.

Dan Kennett @DanKennett

33 #LFC signings since Summer 2008 that aren't Academy, Loan or Reserve GK. I make 18 failures (55%) pic.twitter.com/5xRjeG53gs

BewVviSCQAEB-FS.png

Total transfer costs of the 18 failures are £140m with just 410 total appearances for #LFC (average 23 per player)

Also worth noting that only 1 player signed since summer 2008 has over 100 (league) appearances for #LFC (Johnson with 129)

140m over 5 seasons.

28m gross per season on transfers.

Not a huge amount of money, is it?