You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

It depends how you choose to interpret Luis' comments but I think this was a very clear "come and get me" signal to Real. Why else would he even think about saying what he did?

It is all part of the dance.

Maybe Real will get Bale and decide they don't want/need him? Would he be just as happy to go elsewhere?

If he does have a release clause of £40m (which I'm not convinced he does) then, as other posters have stated, there is no point in a club offering more than that amount as anyone who does will have the right to discuss terms with the player. If there was a bidding war it wouldn't be the transfer fee that increased only the player's personal terms.

IMO he is on his way out - I hope I'm wrong - and I suspect that Rodgers has known this for a while (hence his comments about every player having a price a few weeks back) - maybe FSG want him out of the club and have told Rodgers to move him on?

If and only if Luis Suarez goes, it will be on Liverpools terms. Not what the Manchester United biased media say. We got £50 million for Torres who had lost half a yard of pace. We could easily get £60 million for Luis Suarez.

Whats that then?

It looks to me like one of the best players ever to wear the red shirt might be leaving along with any hopes of us being a serious club, we're Liverpool F.C and were turning into a shitter version of Arsenal by the day and its ok by some, just a shrug of the shoulders and acceptance of the mediocrity.

Sorry for having a moan, i'll get back in line, cross my fingers and hope for a miracle.

We used horse calvary in WW2? learn something new every day.

No, I said that you be hoping we could, whereas the day's reality was different and required... never mind.

I understand the moan, not happy where we are either. However, if you can't acknowledge that the club has no sugar daddy sheik and has to do things a different way and choose to draw conclusions that may or may not be correct, then you are going to be unhappy for the entire rebuilding effort.

Look, if Suarez wants to go, he is going to go - we will just make the best of it. You could have said the same thing about Torres leaving, and, oh, it was Suarez that came in wasn't it?

What's this all about a release clause at 35-40 mill this is the same gobshites at the club that values Andy Carroll at 35m!

Why do we put them in contracts we should do what they do in Spain and set them at crazy numbers, read the Cesc's is 200m.

If Suarez leaves, and I really hope he stays for one more year, I want at least 50m if we do let him go for around 40 FSG can fuck off.

It depends how you choose to interpret Luis' comments but I think this was a very clear "come and get me" signal to Real.

He has worked his way up from Nacional to Groningen, forced a move to Ajax and then cited a lack of backing from them for a move to Liverpool.

His ambition on the field would suggest that he would push for, what would be for him, the next step up.

Bad press that he previously ignored for the sake of his sanity or was a spur to him, is now destroying his life.

The mixed messages going on for some time now, him saying one thing and his agent saying the opposite the next day, suggests the covering all bases.

A bid from Barca or Real and he would have probably gone last summer.

Paradoxically the factor that enrages a lot of us, the media victimization and his own actions, is probably what is keeping him with us by putting other clubs off.

Not going anywhere according to agent.....

Transfer news: Luis Suarez staying at Liverpool, agent tells Sky Sports News | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Luis Suarez has no plans to leave Liverpool this summer, his agent has told Sky Sports News.

The striker was quoted as telling a Uruguayan radio station this week that it would be "very difficullt" to turn down Real Madrid, fuelling talk of his impending exit.

Bernabeu president Florentino Perez gave the story further credence when he admitted Suarez, along with Tottenham's Gareth Bale, was on his radar.

But Suarez's agent, Pere Guardiola, has told Sky Sports News' chief news reporter, Bryan Swanson, that the forward remains "happy" at Liverpool and has no plans to leave in this summer's transfer window.

Suarez signed a long-term deal at Anfield last year and scored 30 goals in 44 appearances last season, but was also banned for 10 games for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.

The 26-year-old, who moved to Merseyside from Ajax in 2011, has previously expressed his frustration at perceived criticism from the English media.

His suspension for biting Ivanovic came 16 months after he received an eight-match ban after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

Standard agent speak, wouldn't put a penny into that crap.

Guest San Don

Well judging by his latest comments, I'd say Suarez is talking his way into a move. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Talk tonight is Real only want to pay around £20m - £25m and sling in callejon as a makeweight.

If we get a transfer request, we must make sure we get a minimum £45m cash.

Hypothetically, what would a player like Suarez give Real Madrid if he played for them next season? Would he get them first place in La Liga and a CL semi-final or final? Whatever monetary value that is, is what Suarez is worth and what we should be demanding.

Ultimately, I hope we demand another year from Suarez and tell Real to go buy Bale. Zidane loves Bale.

If he gets so wound up here, i think he'd go mental at a place where second is failure, the crowd boo their players and the pressure cooker of El Clasico matches. He's quality with his feet, but his brain fries when he gets wound up.

I always suspected we'd keep him for three or four years, but i figured after the bite he might at least stay on for one more season.

The funny thing is, right now the media shitstorm is arguably helping us. Madrid apparently won't be going on another Galacticos mk 3 spending spree and he must look like a hell of a risk for a club that could have their pick of players.

Hypothetically, what would a player like Suarez give Real Madrid if he played for them next season? Would he get them first place in La Liga and a CL semi-final or final? Whatever monetary value that is, is what Suarez is worth and what we should be demanding.

Ultimately, I hope we demand another year from Suarez and tell Real to go buy Bale. Zidane loves Bale.

Sparks to ignite them. One of the things that became clear after the Cl vs Dortmund in Madrid was that if Ronaldo has a shitty day and they need someone to do something creative the other extremely expensive players who should have the capacity do something, fail. Benzema and Higuain are great but sometimes lazy players who don't contribute enough.

Suarez is so annoying to oppositions that eventually something brilliant happens and leaves everyone in awe. Suarez is immensely talented but his best trait is his workrate.

Well judging by his latest comments' date=' I'd say Suarez is talking his way into a move. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Talk tonight is Real only want to pay around £20m - £25m and sling in callejon as a makeweight.

If we get a transfer request, we must make sure we get a minimum £45m cash.[/quote']

Pretty easy

Your not going unless the buy out clause is met.

The buy out - whatever that is - has to met, no ifs or buts. He is still a contracted Liverpool player and if he goes it will be the the maximum amount this buyout - supposedly - stipulates.

I have no doubt there is a buy out and I think in excess of 40million is the figure - just a guess - the thing is that is so fucking vague, so 40.5million and that is it met. Who the fuck knows but I do think he is going, better now than later and move on.

Ideally we have targets lined up and get fees agreed before hand, so the prices do not go through the roof.

Perez has all but said Madrid aren't interested. All their focus will likely be on Gareth Bale. He'll be more expensive, but he's younger and likely fits better marketing wise given the controversy surrounding Suarez.

Of course they could end up going for both and spending 120 mill, but I reckon it's one or the other, and Bale is definitely the primary target. That said if they fail to get him they may be back in for Luis.

We are also after this lad apparently.

"The Anfield club have also made an offer for Sevilla's highly-rated attacking midfielder, Luis Alberto, although that transfer is complicated by his current loan deal with Barcelona. The 20-year-old is on a season-long loan with Barcelona's B team and the Spanish champions have an option to make his move permanent before the end of June. That has not deterred Liverpool from submitting a bid to Sevilla and putting themselves in prime position to sign Alberto should a move to Barcelona fail to materialise."

Liverpool fear injury will cut into Daniel Sturridge's pre-season training | Football | The Guardian

[YOUTUBE]h60Oz0_OrO8[/YOUTUBE]

Reserve team level and only a Youtube clip showing his best bits, but he looks very good. Like Coutinho, with more goals.

Edited by Dundalis

Not what he has said

@GuillemBalague: Valdes: "I dont feel tomorrow's is my last game". But has added club and player should find best solution. He wants 2 discover new countries

@GuillemBalague: Valdes explains that after 20 years at club and due to the "weight" of shirt,he wont renew.He is open to all options, even staying till 2014

Not what he has said

@GuillemBalague: Valdes: "I dont feel tomorrow's is my last game". But has added club and player should find best solution. He wants 2 discover new countries

@GuillemBalague: Valdes explains that after 20 years at club and due to the "weight" of shirt,he wont renew.He is open to all options, even staying till 2014

Victor Valdes stays at Barcelona until the end of his contract in June 2014

Valdes: "My apologies for these months of silence. I'm aware I owe the fans an explanation about why I won't renew my contract.

"Barça gave me everything, this has been my home for 20 years. But the pressure as goalkeeper here is huge.

"Psychologically I'm exhausted. I feel that my cycle at the club ends in 2014. That's

what I told the club. It is not a money issue."

Valdes: "It's an honour the club wants me to continue, but the decision is final. I think the club has enough time to look for a successor."

Valdes: "It's an honour the club wants me to continue, but the decision is final. I think the club has enough time to look for a successor."

"I will wear and defend this shirt and this crest with honour until the last day, as I have done since the first day

Victor Valdes stays at Barcelona until the end of his contract in June 2014

Valdes: "My apologies for these months of silence. I'm aware I owe the fans an explanation about why I won't renew my contract.

"Barça gave me everything' date=' this has been my home for 20 years. But the pressure as goalkeeper here is huge.

"Psychologically I'm exhausted. I feel that my cycle at the club ends in 2014. That's

what I told the club. It is not a money issue."

"I will wear and defend this shirt and this crest with honour until the last day, as I have done since the first day[/quote']

I'm blaming Ballbag crappy tweets.

I hope he does stay and we keep Pepe.

How the fuck can we justify getting lard arse 32 year old kolo and not getting 29yr old dempsey(12 goals last season) last summer whom we desperately needed. it it just cos kolo was FREE?

Luis is gone id say. i though as much after the bite.

Buy shane long. That is all

How the fuck can we justify getting lard arse 32 year old kolo and not getting 29yr old dempsey(12 goals last season) last summer whom we desperately needed. it it just cos kolo was FREE?

Luis is gone id say. i though as much after the bite.

Buy shane long. That is all

Are you playing it for laughs?