You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

From a Barcelona perspective, he's a long term Iniesta replacement.

From our perspective, he likes it here, has good friends at the club, and is a crucial part of a team on the up. We are better placed than before to keep hold of top players, which is what he is becoming.

It will all boil down to what the player will want to do. If he wants off, and we don't know that, but if he wants to go then there's no point keeping him. At that point you get the best deal for the club. If it should come to that, I suspect Klopp will handle it better than when Rodgers tried to strengthen with the Suarez money.

All this is borrowing trouble from tomorrow though, and as such there's little point. We have to enjoy the moment. We are going well, playing exciting football, and we find ourselves in a title race, albeit we're only 10 games in. It's a good moment, and for me at least, I'm not letting what may or may not happen to Coutinho in the future distract me from enjoying what we are doing each week now.

TBH - I dont thinking wanting to play for Barca has much to do with being South American.

There are alot of top quality SA players though I agree.

Rakitic, Mathieu, Umtiti, Digne et al - these are players who have joined in the last few years. They attract the best players in the world for a reason.

Love david blane, still cant get me head around those people saying sell him after a couple of games this season!

Under no illusion though.Whether he loves it here with Bobby or not, in two seasons, 3 tops, he'll be somewhere in Spain and we'll have got in excess of £75m for him.

Sadly I think he is gone in the summer.. the south americans all want to play for Barca... Unless Kloppo can convince him to stay

Barca would do better upgrading at the back on the likes of Umtiti, Mascherano, Mathieu, Digne et al.

They look dodgy defensively.

Personally i dont think Barca will be in for him i reckon City or Chelsea will be but i dont think he will go to either of these.

I think he has a sure place in this team and the team is built around him to a degree which is why he has improved so much.

I dont think he would fit into the barca or madrid squad and i think there are players out there who will be better than Phil who they will go for.

I think providing we off CL football and challenge for the title and obviously pay the wages he wants i think both him and bobby will be here for a while yet.

Personally i dont think Barca will be in for him i reckon City or Chelsea will be but i dont think he will go to either of these.

I think he has a sure place in this team and the team is built around him to a degree which is why he has improved so much.

I dont think he would fit into the barca or madrid squad and i think there are players out there who will be better than Phil who they will go for.

I think providing we off CL football and challenge for the title and obviously pay the wages he wants i think both him and bobby will be here for a while yet.

I saw a laughable article this week that said chelsea could 'lure' both clyne and coutinho. My pants havent dried yet with all the laughing.

I could see barcelona, real, city and psg being interested in him. Isnt kourachabin his agent? Wouldnt trust that fuck an inch.

• Downvote 1

I saw a laughable article this week that said chelsea could 'lure' both clyne and coutinho. My pants havent dried yet with all the laughing.

I could see barcelona, real, city and psg being interested in him. Isnt kourachabin his agent? Wouldnt trust that fuck an inch.

My thinking is that city or chelsea will be in for him just to get him off our books and rock the boat.

But i dont see him doing any better at any of those clubs as a player than he does here especially at barca or madrid.