You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fffffuuuuuuuuunnnne, you cunting simpleton, give it a rest, you're making yourself look like the fat kid at school who emits the most cretinous bilge so people pay attention to him, without anybody actually paying him any mind.

Do you know what happened to that fat kid?

Type two diabetes and married to the slag Julie who works at the Co-OP. He drives a shite car, listens to shite music, his culinary ambitions limited to McNasties, he hates his kids, fuck, he even doubts if they're his, he's not seen any of his 'friends' for years so has to now log on to an interweb forum to spout shite, in the hope that people will listen, oh...

Is this true Funneee? Give my regards to Julie. YNWA RIP etc. I hope if it isn't true, then Bruce will see fit to apologise unreservedly. So what if you drive a shite car anyway? Or if you have type 2 diabetes? It doesn't make you a bad person. Your posts on here do though.

One question (maybe answered earlier in this thread as I haven't read it):

What's Gerrard's all time penalty stats for Liverpool? I remember him being so shite at penalties for a period that he promised he would never step up again.

Anyone?

PS! Googled it: 26 of 32 according to a forum post. I don't think that includes penalty shoot outs.

I think we all agree his best position is behind the striker. Thing is Woy, Kenny and now Rodgers dont do it, which leads me to believe its not a managerial decision.

It has to be otherwise the manager isn't doing his job properly, the manager is the boss you either play where he says or you don't play at all. Nobody not one liverpool fan would back the player over the manager on that point unless it really was a ridiculous suggestion like play Allen in goal.

I think we all agree his best position is behind the striker. Thing is Woy, Kenny and now Rodgers dont do it, which leads me to believe its not a managerial decision.

And the last person who insisted on playing him there got sacked because he was shit for a season in that position as well.

I agree about Gerrard being tried at the top of the midfield 3, but that doesn't mean he can still stroll around. He still needs to close people down, and if he doesn't then it destroys the work being done by all his team mates, because he's leaving a player free, and they just pass around us because we go to close down and they just knock it around us and get at the defence time and time again.

I expect that Rodgers' thinking is that if he plays deeper then it decreases the amount of space he has to cover, but it still isnt working.

The long balls dont fool me either. That's not what we should be about, we pass and move into space to offer another option. We don't spray 40 yard passes to people which leaves them isolated because we can't catch up with them to support them in time.

Kenny did use him in that role quite a few times.

If Rodgers told him he wanted him to play closer to Suarez and get more goals and assists, I doubt he'd complain somehow.

Brendan Rodgers is made up with Gerrard:

We have the likes of Steven Gerrard, who has been a wonderful captain, and Jamie Carragher, who hasn’t been playing that much but has been absolutely brilliant.

“Everyone criticised Steven this season, and I’ve been batting for him all season because even though he hasn’t been scoring his usual amount of goals, he is still very important for our game.

“If you look at him now he is getting the goals. I thought he was brilliant against Stoke, he was the one player who kept going with his passing, he made tackles, got forward at the right times and provided leadership for the team.”

For me he is in a similar situation to John Barnes.

Having been one type of player for the majority of his career, he now finds himself having to do other things to help the team.

His eye-catching days are largely over, though glimpses of greatness will still happen.

Fans should respect the job he does now, something that largely didn't happen with Barnes towards the end.

“If you look at him now he is getting the goals. I thought he was brilliant against Stoke, he was the one player who kept going with his passing, he made tackles, got forward at the right times and provided leadership for the team.”

What?

I don't think Rodgers has seen gerrard play before this year. The other day he was saying Gerrard is playing as far forward as he ever has.

Either that or he thinks we're stupid enough to believe that kind of low-grade bullshit.

Hmmm, maybe Funnneee did get through to the club and the they have re-evaulated . . .

I don't think Rodgers has seen gerrard play before this year. The other day he was saying Gerrard is playing as far forward as he ever has.

Either that or he thinks we're stupid enough to believe that kind of low-grade bullshit.

Hmmm, maybe Funnneee did get through to the club and the they have re-evaulated . . .

I think I'd rather believe this. That he simply feels obliged to spew bullshit about how brilliant Gerrard has been in every game. Its preferable to the alternative, that Brendan Rodgers has been at the turps.

What?

Compared to the other players on our side in that game...he was

Jesus christ. Not been here for a couple of days or so and I walk in to see a couple of threads about sacking our manager and this abomination. The levels of fucking retardedness on this forum are reaching new highs. Pathetic.

For me he is in a similar situation to John Barnes.

Having been one type of player for the majority of his career' date=' he now finds himself having to do other things to help the team.

His eye-catching days are largely over, though glimpses of greatness will still happen.

Fans should respect the job he does now, something that largely didn't happen with Barnes towards the end.[/quote']

Id be happy to accept that hypothesis if it wasn't completely wrong in every way.

Jesus christ. Not been here for a couple of days or so and I walk in to see a couple of threads about sacking our manager and this abomination. The levels of fucking retardedness on this forum are reaching new highs. Pathetic.

This forum's on it's last legs.

It's choc full of wankers, each with their own spite filled agendas, each looking to cite any list of convenient statistics to suit their own brain dead needs.

Most of them couldn't give a fuck about the club as long as they can prove their own superiority through advanced bullshit.

It's just a text version of the Bethlem Royal Hospital.

And the last person who insisted on playing him there got sacked because he was shit for a season in that position as well.

I agree about Gerrard being tried at the top of the midfield 3, but that doesn't mean he can still stroll around. He still needs to close people down, and if he doesn't then it destroys the work being done by all his team mates, because he's leaving a player free, and they just pass around us because we go to close down and they just knock it around us and get at the defence time and time again.

I expect that Rodgers' thinking is that if he plays deeper then it decreases the amount of space he has to cover, but it still isnt working.

The long balls dont fool me either. That's not what we should be about, we pass and move into space to offer another option. We don't spray 40 yard passes to people which leaves them isolated because we can't catch up with them to support them in time.

that post is wrong concentrate

Excellent tonight. Good energy levels and that pass for Luis was one of the best I've ever seen.

His attitude has been brilliant too, the one thing that has been pissing me off recently so no complaints there.

And no, I don't have an agenda before some utter wankpot comes on and chats from their hoop.