You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of folk are suggesting Gerrard, Shelvey or Sterling as strikers which is all valid but missing the point completely.

They are already IN the team, Luis is out and we have to play someone else to replace him.

If Shelvey or Gerrard, then do we bring in Sahin or Suso, if its Sterling then Assaidi would seem logical. The alternative is to do a straight swap and bring in Morgan (my choice) or Pacheco or Ngoo.

As long as it's not Downing or Cole.

I'd like to see Sterling central rather than Shelvey. For all Shelvey's merits and promise Sterling's first touch is better.

Shelvey will offer much more physical presence though and will be better at bringing other players in in that particular system. If you're going to play a "false 9" then Sterling really isn't your man.

-----------------Pepe-------------

Johnson----Skrtel-----Agger--Enrique

------------Lucas--Allen------------

Sterling---------Suso--------Assaidi

-----------------Stevie-------------

need another win, get some momentum going!

would expect the team to be something like

--------------Pepe---------------

Johnson--Skrtel---Agger---Enrique

-----------Lucas--Allen----------

Suso-----------Stevie------Sterling

----------------Jonjo--------------

wouldn't be disappointed with that mind but would prefer the time I put

Shelvey will offer much more physical presence though and will be better at bringing other players in in that particular system. If you're going to play a "false 9" then Sterling really isn't your man.

I'm sure Shelvey will get the job and it's not like we have many alternatives but I think he's better suited to playing off the central striker.

If we get enough shirts in the box when it matters then it might be irrelevant who plays 'central'.

So far we have faced 9 of the 10 teams above us WestHam will be the 10th. We have had four losses and five draws, yet to get a win. It would have been a tough game with Suarez without him it will be even more difficult. Not because they have good individuals but Allaydyces teams are efficient.

Fortunately we are pretty good at dealing with the aerial stuff, although I reckon they will target Pepe as the weak link. We need to be careful about giving away stupid free kicks to this mob.

I've seen a fair bit of West Ham this season & they always seem to be the poorer of the 2 sides involved, but always get a result. I do think they will end up in a lower-middle finishing league placing & hopefully the slide starts on Sunday.

I agree with the Hitman that we need to give as few free kicks away in our half as it is a grock-fest on a par with Stoke once you do.

@AMorgan94: Chilling in my hotel room watching X factor, hopefully we get a win against west ham tomorrow!! #biggame

Looks like Morgan's in the squad.

I would start him.

Not sure I would start him but I'm glad he's in the squad. He could definitely come off the bench and get a goal for us.

Early thread but I'm wondering who you lot of bastards think should start instead of Suarez as he got his 5th yellow today. I'd love to see Morgan get a go myself, with Sterling & Jonjo supporting. Is Morgan up to it though? Looked good in the Next Gen in the week.
Old Stock, your a fuckin ass hole calling us Reds a lot of bastards! go support man utd.