You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

Guest Pistonbroke

You just know Palace will hold out for a loan deal on Sakho and we'll oblige. 

Who'd have fucking thought it eh, we have to be one of the easiest touches in Football. The cheeky bastards will survive relegation then offer us some shit amount for him. 

• 10 months later...

Whereas if we lose, the majority of fans who bravely went out on a limb (!) and predicted we'd finish sixth will be happy?

You remain a sneering tit, lacking in any great footballing insight that I've been able to discern on here, to remotely justify your hubris.

And, of course, the post of the year, 13 years in the making.

I also quite liked this one:

He said, "big ifs". Optimistic people are allowed to try to see a silver lining, and its especially appropriate in the midst of a down time, when everyone tends to get sucked into despair.

And while I'm posting there's no need to keep your unkindness towards me going. 

When everyone was giving a view on our prospects before the season began, I predicted we'd win the league in summer. I'm well aware that what I suggested was a little out of the ordinary, as obviously most people would say we were about the fifth or sixth best team in the league.

From my perspective I really thought Klopp would get them going and then who knows what might have happened. As a fan I may have been guilty of overestimating our chances, but I don't care. I don't think it was deluded, and I showed my reasoning for the prediction.

As it transpired, we were excellent, for the most part, up until the turn of the year. A title challenge was on the cards, though Chelsea's relentless winning streak put them in the driving seat. Since then we've had a terrible run of form in January. With that said we're still only two points off second, and while the title looks out of reach, we are in a fight for top four, which is still better than what you predicted. At least so far. 

Back in the summer you predicted wed finish sixth, which is about what everyone in the whole world was able to deduce. There's no insight or special skill in saying what is a very obvious thing, though you seem puffed up about it. 

When it comes to predictions of a sporting nature you can either say what everyone else thinks, or you can stick your neck out and go for a bit of a dark horse choice. I chose the latter. No big deal...

Except you rudely called me deluded for fancying our chances, then you did it again, then you refused to bury the hatchet when I kindly offered an olive branch even though I was on the receiving end. Months after that you keep it going again, and so a couple weeks ago I called you a sneering tit. I stand by that. 

I don't mind a difference of opinion. It's just football. But like most people, I can't stand being sneered at by someone who is arrogant, especially when all they are able to do themselves is say the obvious thing. You're a small and unpleasant man. 

Leave it alone.

"You're a small and unpleasant man" sounds positively parliamentarian.