You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manc's. Anfield Sunday 23rd 1:30pm

The Chef

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most mancs don't even know what munich is (or dont care), for a lot of them football started in 1992. Cringes me when they mention Hillsbrough alongside it.

Of course they know what the Munich tragedy was, to suggest anything else is either showing yourself to be so partisan that you can never have an objective viewpoint or showing yourself to be a bit simple.

The "football started in 92" thing is misleading too, there are plenty of United fans that were around before then watching us clean up and that's why they get so much pleasure out of seeing the respective positions of the two clubs nowadays, I'd be the same.

For the record, I fucking hate their club more than any other and hope we absolutely destroy them today. Gah, still 8 hours to go.

Why? Its a shite idea if you ask me.

Why bring the Evra/Suarez stuff back up when its clearly been dealt with and it'll just take focus off what the day is really about' date=' which is the truth about Hillsborough finally coming out.

Also why would we bring Munich into it when Munich has its own remembrance date and has nothing to do with tomorrow?[/quote']

Not a shite idea, shows something's are just more important. Replace Evra/Suarez with Gerrard/Giggs then.

This is the letter all United fans will be given when they enter the ground tomorrow.

Sir Alex Ferguson's passionate letter to Manchester United supporters.

Dear Supporter,

The great support you gave the

team here last season has seen

our allocation back up to near-

full levels. I want you to

continue that progress today.

But today is about much more

than not blocking gangways.

Today is about thinking hard

about what makes United the

best club in the world. Our rivalry with Liverpool is

based on a determination to

come out on top – a wish to see

us crowned the best against a

team that held that honour for

so long.

It cannot and should never be

based on personal hatred.

Just

ten days ago, we heard the

terrible, damning truth about

the deaths of 96 fans who went

to watch their team try and reach the FA Cup final and never

came back. What happened to them should

wake the conscience of

everyone connected with the

game.

Our great club stands with our

great neighbours Liverpool

today to remember that loss

and pay tribute to their

campaign for justice.

I know I

can count on you to stand with us in the best traditions of the

best fans in the game

A little bit of vomit just crept out. What a fucking shithouse of a letter that is. "We're the bestest and we have to prove it for a PR exercise but remember that we're the bestest and you make us that way and it's about us as a club .... oh yeah and 96 people died for no reason but whatever as long as we keep being the bestest."

I'm going to watch this on teletext.

Them were the fucking days. You'd sky sports young uns don't know the pleasure of a simple page of text, 8 minutes out of date.

I remember when we got an 'update' button on the remote of our new telly. We thought we were fucking kings. You were able to watch the tv and it would let you know when something changed on the page. Completely redundant for times when there was more than one page though cos it changed every few mins anyway. Still was the fucking nuts. The mix of fear and excitement when that little 'x' popped up on the corner, more often than not to see 'Owen' had scored ten minutes ago.

I think we are over-analysing this. If you walk around Liverpool or Manchester City centres on a Friday or Saturday night, you will encounter over-aggressive, self-absorbed knobheads. If you think that these people are not going to be a significant feature of Liverpool & Manchester's away support & that they work to the same standards of behaviour as yourself, you are a bit deluded.

Today will be OK because of the media spotlight & then it will go back to the way it was for subsequent games.