You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Being Liverpool

bonesman

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The transfer window part really fucked me off.

Why the fuck was Clint fucking Dempsey our only striker target.

Are there seriously no other players in the fucking world who are better than Clint Dempsey who were available?

to be fair if they wern't willing to stump up for Dempsey then who the fuck do you think we could've afforded

Hank, have you tried the Channel 5 website?

The segment about the close of the transfer window was pretty damning. Even though they dressed it up as unfortunate, they cannot escape the fact that Andy Carroll was allowed to leave first and, rather than have the replacement lined up and ready for completion, they were 'hopeful' of doing a deal for one player - Clint Dempsey. Regardless of whether the manager wanted him or the owners didn't, or whether the money was there or not, leaving things to the last minute like that smacks of dreadful planning and organisation. The club has made a habit of dragging out transfer negotiations and leaving things too late, and even if a deal is completed, it almost never turns out to be worth it.

The segment on the Man City game was good though, as was the short bit on the panel report. Even though Dave Kirby was shoehorned in at the end, it was much more bearable because he wasn't reciting poetry or staring at his warm pint. He was having a cup of tea and talking normally about how the club stirs up emotions that would otherwise be kept repressed. That encapsulates what it's like to be a fan of this club far better than waffling some poetry.

Hank, have you tried the Channel 5 website?

The segment about the close of the transfer window was pretty damning. Even though they dressed it up as unfortunate, they cannot escape the fact that Andy Carroll was allowed to leave first and, rather than have the replacement lined up and ready for completion, they were 'hopeful' of doing a deal for one player - Clint Dempsey. Regardless of whether the manager wanted him or the owners didn't, or whether the money was there or not, leaving things to the last minute like that smacks of dreadful planning and organisation. The club has made a habit of dragging out transfer negotiations and leaving things too late, and even if a deal is completed, it almost never turns out to be worth it.

The segment on the Man City game was good though, as was the short bit on the panel report. Even though Dave Kirby was shoehorned in at the end, it was much more bearable because he wasn't reciting poetry or staring at his warm pint. He was having a cup of tea and talking normally about how the club stirs up emotions that would otherwise be kept repressed. That encapsulates what it's like to be a fan of this club far better than waffling some poetry.

But did you notice how weak he takes his tea? Like a girl.

Really enjoyed it, particularly last nights episode. The insight in to the dressing room HT was very interesting, and thought BR came accross brilliantly in that situation. In fact, I've liked him all the way through the series and I have great confidence that the club have made a great appointment in bringing him in.

I don't really know what people were expecting from it really. It wasn't aimed at match going reds or life long supporters, it was a series aimed at the US and a wider world wide audience. It was purely a PR stunt and I personally think the club has came out pretty well out of it. Yes, there was a few cringey moments but its not been half as bad as some have made out. Really don't understand the huge negativity against it to be honest. Could have been a hell of a lot worse.

I never noticed this at the time but thats a bit ace

although this is reminding me how much I miss Lucas!

Must admit a few years ago, I used to be one of Lucas "haters". If this program has done one thing it's shown me how much of a likeable and respectful man he is. The players love him, the staff love him and he seems to love them. I have so much more respect for him now than ever, truly truly likeable personality. Get well soon Lucas.