You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So was it Comolli or Ayre who installed that £1M clause then?

I am not sure where this £1m clause came from, or it's relevance.

It appears that his wages were between £80 and £100k a week ( his contract was probably on an escalator). £4m -£5m due in his final year for a 32 year old who hadn't been playing much. A new manager will want to duck and dive and seek value in the market place. No doubt if someone had offered more than £1m we would have taken it.

The club is £4m -£6m better off. Dirk gets a new deal and CL football with our thanks and appreciation.

I am not sure where this £1m clause came from, or it's relevance.

It appears that his wages were between £80 and £100k a week ( his contract was probably on an escalator). £4m -£5m due in his final year for a 32 year old who hadn't been playing much. A new manager will want to duck and dive and seek value in the market place. No doubt if someone had offered more than £1m we would have taken it.

The club is £4m -£6m better off. Dirk gets a new deal and CL football with our thanks and appreciation.

And if they'd had the sense to charge a decent fee we could be 10m better off.

You think there was a club in England who would have paid three million AND met his wage demands?

I don't know. Maybe he would have ended up having to compromise on his wages + signing fee if he wanted to stay in england.

Given how well his agent stitched us up for the 1 year extension, I'm not worried about him on that score though!

Do you think that a 32 year old player wanting around £90k a week would command a fee of £5m-£6m? Maybe, maybe not - Feyenoord would only meet a half of Dirk's wage demands.

It is Dirk's wage expectations which have thinned the field.

The worry is that FSG seem VERY anxious to reduce the wages, with that being the priority.

Do you think that a 32 year old player wanting around £90k a week would command a fee of £5m-£6m? Maybe, maybe not - Feyenoord would only meet a half of Dirk's wage demands.

The worry is that FSG seem VERY anxious to reduce the wages, with that being the priority.

If only he hadn't given away a large percentage of his wages every week to charitable causes, he'd be in a financially secure position to go where he wants, stupid sod!

You give them too much credit. You see this as a deliberate act driven by priorities. I see it as shit negotiating on par with subsidizing AC Milan and Lille's playing squads.

And likewise why the wages worry all of a sudden? They've said for a while, we're going to get rid of a load of players who are good enough to command 90K/week and replace them with a load who aren't. Sure, the spin is different, bloat, trim deadwood, waste etc. But this isn't new news.

And given the business acumen they've demonstrated so far, it'll go swimmingly I'm sure.

Well compared to last summer when we released players and paid their wages in full I'd say its progress.

Who exactly are unhappy with Kuyt leaving anyway, from a performance related view I can only think of a few but I doubt any of them post on here.

Its the best for everyone invloved, Kuyt seems happy about it, I guess the club is happy about it and most fans are happy about it.

Reckon Carra will go too? He isn't the most technically gifted and is on big wages, too.

I really don't see any other clubs being interested in him so he'll probably play a back-up role for us next season. I'd be suprised if he features much at all, given that we'll surely be looking to build towards the future.

He's been a fantastic servant to the club and I wouldn't have swapped him for anyone for several seasons, but we should never have been in the position where his contract was extended up until summer 2013 at a time when he was very clearly already in decline. I assume he's still one of our highest earners.

Why turkey though? I'm sure he could have done well back in holland or Germany bit of an odd choice. I really liked him and he was excellent in rafas system in big games. His work rate and goals were vital and well miss that. But let's not be sentimental it's the right time for him to move on thank for the memories!

Thanks Dirk, many good moments in his career here a very intelligent player, even if his feet didn't do what the brain was telling him at times. Always gave his all and never hid, I'm sure the players will miss him, but I guess it was the right time.

I hope he has a good time out in Turkey and I'm sure they will love him out there.

I had high hopes for him after his first minutes at Anfield as a sub against West Ham, sadly it was all downhill from there.

To say I'm happy to see him go would be understatement of the year.

You never cease to amaze with your utter cuntishness. Why the fuck do you bother calling youself a Liverpool supporter. You know-nothing 'me-me-me' prick. If you'd ever been at games to actually see the man in person you might have a valid opinion. As it is you don't.

You never cease to amaze with your utter cuntishness. Why the fuck do you bother calling youself a Liverpool supporter. You know-nothing 'me-me-me' prick. If you'd ever been at games to actually see the man in person you might have a valid opinion. As it is you don't.

You are right, I've never been to a game to witness the specacular Kuyt play ever, dont you know I'm just an armchair fan who started to support us in 2005 when the great Rafa Benitez managed us to glory in Istanbul, you know our greatest manager ever who won us the magnificent amount of two trophies in six years.

Life will never be the same again so I might just as well pack it in now.

You are right, I've never been to a game to witness the specacular Kuyt play ever, dont you know I'm just an armchair fan who started to support us in 2005 when the great Rafa Benitez managed us to glory in Istanbul, you know our greatest manager ever who won us the magnificent amount of two trophies in six years.

Life will never be the same again so I might just as well pack it in now.

Rafa again Code?

Don't think anyone had mentioned him before...