You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting "the bus"

Redder Lurtz

Are you a fan of Mrs Thatcher? You sure as shit sound like one, with the bolded part being the worst bit. A frightening thought for you is that some of the underclass touching those poles might have been blacks or disableds.

To be fair i think the same thing when i get on a bus. Horrid things, and thats just the children on it.

I had to get one last summer when my car broke down and had to be towed away from the hospital car park. It's 7pm and the buses are every half an hour, the kid in front of me getting on the bus has I'd of thought been in the hospital like most of us for visiting times, the jobs worth bus driver refuses to let him on because it's a different bus service return ticket. It's 7pm the kids no more than 13 years old, still in his school uniform and he's outside a hospital entrance. Show a bit of compassion. Knob job.

Anyway, i paid this kids whole £1.35 ticket for him to get home.

• Upvote 1

When I lived in Runcorn New Town there used to be a bus that left Liverpool city centre around 11pm, getting back to Murdishaw sometime just after midnight, the X5. God what a bus that was. There would be people shouting and bawling, people puking at the back and rivers of it running down the gangway, people mooning out of the back windows at panda cars, curry and chips getting waved about, fights, arguments, crying. It was like a sort of Crosville Asylum, a complete fucking nuthouse on wheels. I'd get to Murdishaw completely drained.

No amount of money would have made me drive that bus.

To be fair i think the same thing when i get on a bus. Horrid things, and thats just the children on it.

I had to get one last summer when my car broke down and had to be towed away from the hospital car park. It's 7pm and the buses are every half an hour, the kid in front of me getting on the bus has I'd of thought been in the hospital like most of us for visiting times, the jobs worth bus driver refuses to let him on because it's a different bus service return ticket. It's 7pm the kids no more than 13 years old, still in his school uniform and he's outside a hospital entrance. Show a bit of compassion. Knob job.

Anyway, i paid this kids whole £1.35 ticket for him to get home.

Pathetic rep begging.

When I lived in Runcorn New Town there used to be a bus that left Liverpool city centre around 11pm, getting back to Murdishaw sometime just after midnight, the X5. God what a bus that was. There would be people shouting and bawling, people puking at the back and rivers of it running down the gangway, people mooning out of the back windows at panda cars, curry and chips getting waved about, fights, arguments, crying. It was like a sort of Crosville Asylum, a complete fucking nuthouse on wheels. I'd get to Murdishaw completely drained.

No amount of money would have made me drive that bus.

Its now called the x1 and they still do a 'wino express' at about 1.30am at weekends from town to runcorn.

I used to get the x5 myself back from the match every home game but use the car now to avoid the chaos.

There is no coincidence in the fact I don't work evenings or weekends. Too many drunks and crackheads around these days.

I drive folks to work in the morning, and college kids. After morning rush hour I spend the rest of my day talking to grannies about the weather.

I caught a bus from London to Athens once many moons ago, it took 5 days to get there. We got pissed on the boat and woke up in the Belgium red light. Big sweaty greek drivers getting their end away. A bus is no place for a hangover I can tell you, Was very painful experience. I phoned up 8 weeks later to get it back and found I'd missed it and the next one was a week later.

I can't for the life of me remember where I even found there was a bus, well before the interweb.

I caught the magic bus from San Fran to LA a few years later, was pretty good as it turned into beds at around 10pm.

Scariest was a local bus I got on in Mexico. I had a bag of weed on me when we were pulled over and the Federales got on with a dog. I fkin shit myself and stashed it in the seat. As it goes they were after some lad and went straight to him and hauled him off. We then went past a normal tourist bus that had been pulled over after hitting a local who were fleecing everyone on board at gun point. We were sat next two two locals with one of them curled up in one corner crying with his mate laughing at him telling us "too much Tequila"

As we pulled into Palenque, Mayan temple town we were welcomed by the military who'd set up on mass as Carlos was in the area.

EZLN and the Zapatista movement: Zapatistas

Zapatista 'Carlos' - YouTube

was quite a bus journey.

In general tho, buses are shit and to be avoided like the plague

everytime i have rode the bus, i tend to find at least one person screaming to themselves. i never get to see shit like this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rm4SazjKsQ">YouTube Link</a>

alan sex is a bus driver? does he happen to drive bus no. 62?

<a href="

">YouTube Link</a>

That's fucking great that is.

Had some old fella tell me today that he is switching jobs and won't be taking my bus any more - and that he'll miss me because I am the best bus driver in town. Yeah. That's how I roll.

Ride my route baby!

• 10 years later...
7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Is there an effective way to complain about the bus never being on time? I doubt there’s anything the driver can do and I’m looking for someone to be accountable.

Twitter tends to be a good way to vent as it's public.

25 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Is there an effective way to complain about the bus never being on time? I doubt there’s anything the driver can do and I’m looking for someone to be accountable.

Mate,if you complain the cunts will probably withdraw the service completely. They've done it in Runcorn a few times.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

If it's early, like it always is for me, then it's 100% on the driver, despite me being negged 11 years after the fact for it.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, littletedwest said:

I doubt it mate. The bus I use to travel into Manchester is that bad there was a 2000 people signed petition about it and a story in the Manchester evening news. It has got no better. Worse if anything 

This does not surprise me.