You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

More like 4-3-1-2

I would say that would be HIS best bet - on the left playing in a tight three and letting Enrique up and down the flank. Would need a left sided attacker who would work back though. Still not sure he offers enough and if you have Carroll as one of the two strikers I think that side struggles.

Didn't Adam cover more ground for us than any other players last season?

The point of pressing high up the pitch with great intensity is to win the ball back quickly, I can't see Adam's stats on covering ground to make up for his positioning mistakes will help our cause....

How do you see us lining up in order to maximise Adam's technical brilliance?

It's not a lineup issue for me, it's a style and mentality issue.

As long as we've got a yard dog in the middle to hold breaks up, then it's unto two or three players to help win the ball back, not just one player. We press as a unit and we attack as a unit. Adam is more than good enough to play that game.

I'd love him to be fitter, but he needn't be, no shame in getting subbed or being a sub in a high tempo pressing team.

But it means a high defensive line, it means full backs offering more options, and it means everyone looking interested in defending or attacking.

Very often Adams fouls were out of frustration, he was closing down and there should have been someone else there doing it as well, there wasn't, we were a disjointed mess.

More like 4-3-1-2

I'm not sure you need set positions in midfield when you play as a team, everyone should know where to go and where to cover and why.

If you're too rigid then you're asking for trouble.

The only one at Barca who stays reasonably in a position is Busquets, everyone else is given license to work the game out as the play develops.

I'm not sure you need set positions in midfield when you play as a team, everyone should know where to go and where to cover and why.

If you're too rigid then you're asking for trouble.

The only one at Barca who stays reasonably in a position is Busquets, everyone else is given license to work the game out as the play develops.

The quality and pace/quickness of those players allows them to do that, plus the fact that they have grown up together - they do it without even thinking. I think we would struggle without a little more shape and discipline, especially through the middle three.

The quality and pace/quickness of those players allows them to do that, plus the fact that they have grown up together - they do it without even thinking. I think we would struggle without a little more shape and discipline, especially through the middle three.

Yaya Toure, Seydou Keita, Javier Madcherano, they didn't grow up with them, and you can make a case for Fabregas being part of that, doesn't make them any less able to do it.

We will undoubtedly get it wrong, if it was easy then everyone would do it, but it's the most common sense idea of how to build a modern team.

The difficulty will be the hard work, fitness, and every player understanding it. And of course having players of technical quality to pull it off, and that's why I'd keep Adam.

Galatasary want Ba, thats where the so called ITK's are saying he's off

If they are bidding for De Jong then he must be off

Doubt Twente would accept 8m for him anyway!

Might end up in Turkey but it would be a strange one I didn't even think they could offer that much money for wages and you only really go there when your career is nearing the end.

There must be loads of clubs that are after him. Seen him take some pretty rough tackles and his knee's held up pretty well.Was he even injured at all last year?

Rodgers will give him a chance, as people have said if Stevie was fit and Lucas too then adam wouldnt of started as many as he did

we have europe this season too so there'll be plenty of scope to play fringe players

If he wants to get the results needed to keep the job he better have a different opinion than you..

We need quick aggressive players who have great positional sense, and Adam is sadly lacking all of these three traits.... He might be a good passer of the ball, but I am afraid that is not enough in order to make this system work.

It will be interesting to see if Gerrard can adapt!

Yaya Toure, Seydou Keita, Javier Madcherano, they didn't grow up with them, and you can make a case for Fabregas being part of that, doesn't make them any less able to do it.

We will undoubtedly get it wrong, if it was easy then everyone would do it, but it's the most common sense idea of how to build a modern team.

The difficulty will be the hard work, fitness, and every player understanding it. And of course having players of technical quality to pull it off, and that's why I'd keep Adam.

But these guys are world class in terms of positioning, and they are pretty quick, now that's a world of difference....

If he wants to get the results needed to keep the job he better have a different opinion than you..

We need quick aggressive players who have great positional sense, and Adam is sadly lacking all of these three traits.... He might be a good passer of the ball, but I am afraid that is not enough in order to make this system work.

It will be interesting to see if Gerrard can adapt!

Not interesting at all, in fact i think he will find it pretty easy. He's never struggled to adapt to any other system that he's played in. Players like agger, lucas, gerrard and suarez can play in any system. Its the rest i worry about, especially carroll, adam, henderson and downing.