You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

For those asking, no truth in reports #LFC are currently in talks with Bologna over a deal for Gaston Ramirez.

Then again, Ben Smith also said that the deal for Sigurdsson would be done (last week). So who knows.

It looks true to me.

I posted it on here the other night about the ex Ac Milans vice president son saying we had gone for him.

Duncan Jenkins is also now saying its on as well a fee of around £16 million.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Tony Barrett on twitter also said nothing is happening with Ramirez.

From what I've heard, Jenkins is more clued up than either of those mentioned. It seems Barrett doesn't have the inside track in the way he did before the new owners took over?

What do people think of the likely Spurs business deals?

Sigurdsson £8m

Vertonghen £7m

Adebayour £5m

We paid £20m for Downing.

Never mind sacking, someone should go to fucking prison for our transfer dealings.

Agreed. But where are you hearing they've signed Adebayor for £5m?

Goal.com

Nailed on then.....

I bet you it happens. Mind you, I suspect Spurs paid for the honour of loaning him last season, and I expect City would be relieved to get £5m for him considering the wages he is on.

We pay £8m and get a rookie 21 year old centre back.

Spurs pay similar and get an established centre back who can walk into the first team.

It's no surprise we're being so careful in the transfer market now, we were making some fucking ridiculous decisions and we're lumbered with them and their fucking contracts.

I bet you it happens. Mind you, I suspect Spurs paid for the honour of loaning him last season, and I expect City would be relieved to get £5m for him considering the wages he is on.

Spurs pay similar and get an established centre back who can walk into the first team.

It's no surprise we're being so careful in the transfer market now, we were making some fucking ridiculous decisions and we're lumbered with them and their fucking contracts.

Rookie CB? You mean the full international player for the best team in south america?

Are you kidding me? You think Adebayor will take less wages? City are content to loan him out until the contract is up... No one is going to take his wages.

City have to buy him out, or continue paying him to play for other clubs.

Spurs will have to pay that 'fee' to Jan that Ajax didn't want to pay...

Also, I think Coates is a brilliant capture and he should be getting more gametime.

I saw that the BBC said that the Vertonghen deal had been 'agreed'. It then says he is 'poised' to sign. So is the deal done or what?

Adebayor isn't going to want a reduction in wages to go to Spurs. If he does agree to go somewhere for less wages, I think he'll go abroad where he can get Champions League football. £5m for him doesn't sound right at all otherwise everyone will be in for him, not just Spurs.

I saw that the BBC said that the Vertonghen deal had been 'agreed'. It then says he is 'poised' to sign. So is the deal done or what?

Adebayor isn't going to want a reduction in wages to go to Spurs. If he does agree to go somewhere for less wages, I think he'll go abroad where he can get Champions League football. £5m for him doesn't sound right at all otherwise everyone will be in for him, not just Spurs.

5 mill and 150 k a week in wages isn't cheap.

Anyone know what Bale signed on for per week? It'll show if the Spurs' wage structure is still in place.

Nothing official, but most stories indicate he's on £70k a week now.

The club have been buoyed by Gareth Bale signing a new four-year contract worth £70,000 a week

André Villas-Boas poised to take the reins at Tottenham Hotspur | Football | The Guardian

Nothing official, but most stories indicate he's on £70k a week now.

The club have been buoyed by Gareth Bale signing a new four-year contract worth £70,000 a week

André Villas-Boas poised to take the reins at Tottenham Hotspur | Football | The Guardian

Four year? Interesting... He'll be gone in two years, then, IMO.

Yeah, they will not break wage structure on Adebayor, if they wouldn't for Bale or Modric.