You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa

woodylfc

You didn't. It happened. Much to the dismay of some of the utter mongs who support us.

I support LFC. I like them a lot. I thank Rafa for the good that he did. I was most happy when celebrating in Istanbul and drank champagne through the night accordingly, certainly no dismay on my part. However I dont support Rafa FC. I personally believe he did more harm than good, and for that reason I dont really like him that much.

I dont think that makes me a mong. I like to look at the bigger picture. Im good like that me.

By that rational I should like East 17 as Stay is one of my favourite ever tunes. When those bell chimes come in, man I fucking love it. And those lyrics are from the heart. Pure beauty. However, when checking out their greatest hits, you start to realise they are in fact, a little bit naff. One or two other highlights, Its Alright is, well alright, and House Of Love is a belter. But god forbid I could ever listen to a full album by them. If they happen to play at a festival Im at I'd probably go see em, although hearing Stay in the summer would be a bit wacky, but I could go with it. I guess you could just call it a guilty pleasure.

I support LFC. I like them a lot. I thank Rafa for the good that he did. I was most happy when celebrating in Istanbul and drank champagne through the night accordingly, certainly no dismay on my part. However I dont support Rafa FC. I personally believe he did more harm than good, and for that reason I dont really like him that much.

I dont think that makes me a mong. I like to look at the bigger picture. Im good like that me.

By that rational I should like East 17 as Stay is one of my favourite ever tunes. When those bell chimes come in, man I fucking love it. And those lyrics are from the heart. Pure beauty. However, when checking out their greatest hits, you start to realise they are in fact, a little bit naff. One or two other highlights, Its Alright is, well alright, and House Of Love is a belter. But god forbid I could ever listen to a full album by them. If they happen to play at a festival Im at I'd probably go see em, although hearing said tune in the summer would be a bit wacky, but I could go with it. I guess you could just call it a guilty pleasure.

Are you seriously suggesting that being a 'Rafa-lover' is ok because its just a guilty pleasure?! FFS!

I have had enough of all of this rafa this and rafa that talk! FUCK RAFA!

He is gone, deal with it!

I know its too much to ask for some people to stop wanking about rafa, but honestly?!

Do you not remember every week watching LFC go out of their way to not attack teams on the back foot because rafa only wanted to win 1-0?

The constant tinkering which stopped the players from ever getting the cohesion they needed. All of the one-man team jibes when Gerrard had to single-handedly win games because the rest of the team should have been playing for Bolton? Only ceased when C&A bought torres and we were then a two-man team!

The attacks from big sam that rafa was disrespectful toward his shit team, which was actually rafa telling Alonso to pass out wide instead of going for goal, and what a goal it was!

How quickly we forget! Rafa was so so frustrating to watch with his safety first policy! Sure he is a nice man, loves his wife etc. etc. But he should not be put on some pedestool and worshipped for his mediocraty!

11 draws cost us the title by 2 points because rafa would rather take the draw than take a risk!

So enough with the rafa posts!

Kenny Dalglish is the most qualified person alive to be our manager, and if you think that in 18 months a team can go from the relegation zone to the title then you are seriously deluded!

Rafa Free Forum Time!

Translation:

Better say something positive.

I hope the owners don't see it that way.

I want Mourinho and have done for years.

Let's sack Kenny and hire him.

I gather you dont speak any languages

Pretty clear like it or not Dalglish position will be reviewed by the club if we dont make top 4 as that is clear what they said they expected at the start of the season.

I am pretty clear other than Mourinho he is currently the best man for the job

Are you seriously suggesting that being a 'Rafa-lover' is ok because its just a guilty pleasure?! FFS!

I have had enough of all of this rafa this and rafa that talk! FUCK RAFA!

He is gone, deal with it!

Rafa Free Forum Time!

Errr, I think you missed the gist of my thoughts.

I dont really like Rafa. I thought I made that quite clear by saying I didnt like him. I'm glad he finally went. I dealt with it just fine.

I agree totally with your last sentence. In fact Im seriously annoyed at myself for even opening this thread. I guess its a morbid fascination with the man.

Fuck Rafa, yeah.

I gather you dont speak any languages

Pretty clear like it or not Dalglish position will be reviewed by the club if we dont make top 4 as that is clear what they said they expected at the start of the season.

I am pretty clear other than Mourinho he is currently the best man for the job

He actually said I dont expect us to overturn Man United and win the league,as we are a team in transition,but it would be a major disappointment if we didnt qualify for the champions league.

To say they would review his postion if they dont qualify has never been stated from what I have seen.

I wouldnt expect them to either,as I would imagine as he has said it is a team in transition,it would be two years before they would review the situation(unless something major happens like a really low finishing position).

He actually said I dont expect us to overturn Man United and win the league,as we are a team in transition,but it would be a major disappointment if we didnt qualify for the champions league.

To say they would review his postion if they dont qualify has never been stated from what I have seen.

I wouldnt expect them to either,as I would imagine as he has said it is a team in transition,it would be two years before they would review the situation(unless something major happens like a really low finishing position).

Yes, but Mourinho!

Yes, but Mourinho!

Thats a bit of a touchy subject I would of thought.

I detested the guy but mellowed towards him and I do think he is the ideal choice if I am honest.

For the owners to replace Dalglish with him after only one season,would cause a reaction amongst the fans akin to a nuclear missile hitting Anfield.

I'll admit to being quite childish about Rafa.

The more folk wank over him the more my irrational dislike of the man grows.

Rafa's biggest skill was convincing morons nothing was his fault.

More a politician than a football manager.

Want him back? No thanks.

To be honest me and my blood pressure would quite like a Rafa free forum.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Politicians don't win the European Cup.

Yes but he doesn't, and Benitez can't handle that, Ant's 100% correct, the politics would start all over again.

To be fair we don't really know if the politics would start all over again. Amongst the fans sure, that's probably the case but we have no idea how Rafa would react to FSG or Commoli. His problem with the cowboy duo was do to their lies, which is the exact same reason we all hated them by the end. Some were willing to give them more time than others but in the end, it was consensus opinion that we needed to get rid and so we all did what we could to get that point across.

Them sacking Rafa was their parting shot and if some people can't see that then oh well but it was the last thing they could do to get back at the fans and the man himself who were driving them out.

His problem with Parry was that the man didn't do his job very good. Rafa has his faults, he's a perfectionist and seems a bit of a dictator in the way he asks players to work and doesn't "put the arm round the shoulder" but in reality it's just because that's how he prefers his work be done. If what FSG says is true about Kenny having the final say then there is no reason to believe Rafa and Commoli wouldn't get a long.

All that said I am of the firm belief that we need to back Kenny and that he will get it right given the time and more backing in the transfer market. As has been said every manager makes mistakes. Kenny had us playing some great football last season and I think we can return to that but like he said (without saying it really) it's up to the players to execute that style every game and turn up mentally and physically. If anything this period of shit football highlights that we have mental problem amongst the squad when playing the "lesser" teams rather than it being down to Rafa or Kenny's tactics.

The only double standard I see is where Roy is concerned but again to be fair, Roy dug his own grave with his shit interviews and letting Ferguson piss all over Torres. I can only imagine how Roy would've reacted to the Suarez situation and it's a good thing he never got that chance because people would want his head on a stick quite literally with the shit that would have spewed forth from his mouth. It was clear to everyone that Roy was not the right man for Liverpool Football Club and anyone willing to let the experiment see itself through was well and truly done with him by December last season.

Thats a bit of a touchy subject I would of thought.

I detested the guy but mellowed towards him and I do think he is the ideal choice if I am honest.

For the owners to replace Dalglish with him after only one season,would cause a reaction amongst the fans akin to a nuclear missile hitting Anfield.

I wouldn't want him here ever. Just to clarify.