You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

94 was it against WI. Rampaul got him. Glad to see him get it. The last 2 overs cost us the game though. Sachin hundred, India lose, I must have got into a hot tub time machine. Ah well at least the game against Pakistan will be interesting now.

Also, his first ODI hundred against Bangladesh. Has both test and ODI hundreds against all nations now. I want him to get one more in ODI`s, get to 50 and then he can retire if he chooses to. What a legend he is.

Not too fussed personally and this will make the next game a lot more edgy now. I am sure there`ll be plenty pointing it out though. He has the highest hundreds scored in lost games (24). What many of those critics fail to point it out is that he was about the only thing that was making many people`s lives that bit happier when there was not too much to be pleased about.

I remember so many innings when there`d be scores like Sachin 50, India 60; Sachin 80, India 120; etc. and then the game was gone. We`ve also lost loads when he`s not gotten hundreds but played a fine innings. Prior to Dravid and Ganguly turning the team around, he often seemed to be the only one showing a bit of a backbone. I have heard so much shite being spouted about him; tennis elbow, lighter bat - hands not the same, slow and unfit, hand eye co-ordination has gone, etc. I`ve rarely seen him respond to anything despite the immense pressure and scrutiny he`s always been under ever since he was 16.

For every critic who`s called for his head in the past, I can prolly find a dozen that`ll no doubt shed a tear or two when he decides to call it a day. It does suck that he has so many hundreds in games we`ve lost, but to me that makes him even more special (akin to possibly what B1lly L1dde11 meant when L1verp00l were in the 2nd d1v1s1on. Sorry for using a f00tb@ll analogy and if this is not an appropriate comparison). It sucks because a certain Ricky Ponting has 55 hundreds in a win, compared to Sachin`s 53. Then again Sachin never had the team mates that Ponting did for most of his career.

Kohli played a brilliant knock yesterday. Another great run chase against Pakistan. He is in great form right now. Vice-captain and will deffo take over the reins once Dhoni retires. Rohit Sharma and Sachin played good hands too. Some exciting new talent coming up. Hopefully the youngsters can go on and have great test careers too.

Guest Pistonbroke

Let Sri lanka off the hook there, but it is a cracking wicket to bat on so well done to the bowlers earlier on in the innings. Panesar's attempts at those two catches was like watching some 11 year old school kid trying to catch a ball, comical.

Not a bad start for a subcontinent pitch, could do with wrapping up the tail quickly.

Monty doesn't half piss me off though, the enthusiasm is there but it's infuriating watching him field. If I was playing with him I'm afraid I'd end up strangling him.

Guest Pistonbroke

We played some pathetic shots in our first innings, the bowling wasn't excellent from Sri Lanka but for some reason our batsmen have a severe mental block when it comes to facing spin on the sub continent. 193 all out and it could have been worse if it wasn't for the tail wagging a bit. Mind you, Sri Lanka just lose their 3rd wicket as i type, 14/3 which means they are effectively 139/3.....this test could be over in 2 and a half days.