You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea (Home)

Randy Marsh

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Swansea credit, they played some good football and had us chasing shadows at times. The lack of movement without the ball is very worrying, only suarez and enrique seem to move and try and create space to receive the ball.

Downing and henderson have both been nothing but shite since they arrived, they dont give us nothing going forward. Downing seems to run 20 yards with the ball then stop, look around then ball it to enrique (who has been arguably MOM is all our games this season)

Overall we didnt deserve to win today, yeah carroll should of buried that chance but apart from that i dont think we ever looked like scoring.

I love Kenny but he's really screwed up with the transfers unfortunately. We're not going to get a £110 million of disposable income (through sales and new investment) to spend in a 9 month period again. Honestly the first team looks poorer man for man than the one that finished last season.

Another top 8 finish awaits. Not fucking good enough by a long way.

Exactly my point. But the sheep on here will come out bleating Manc... etc. Stop your excuses you idiots, we're not good enough for 7th let alone 4th place. And Dalglish is primarily responsible for that. This is basically his team, so expensively assembled but performing so abysmally. Yeah the goalie played a blinder and we hit the woodwork but Liverpool should put ONE behind the net to beat a championship side. Dalglish may go sooner or later, but the tragedy for Liverpool is the staggering sums wasted on these second rate players.

the reason why we talk about opposition goalkeepers and woodwork is because we make those things crucial

if arsenal or spurs or man city are winning 3-1 or 4-0 or whatever not as much is made of the goalkeeper making saves or the woodwork because it doesn't matter as they've already produced the goods, vorn only made two or three saves today, other keepers will have been a lot busier in the premier league today - we just made his saves vital by being so woeful in the previous 80 minutes

we don't produce the goods so we cling to woodwork stats and the opposition goalie making a few saves as proof that we are just unlucky, when do we stop believing that?

carroll, henderson and downing for just over 70 million is looking like a worse piece of business with every passing game and I am starting to lose a bit of patience with them, 70 million plus for three players who have been nothing but average or worse in the 40 plus combined appearances they've made for us, 70 million that could have been spent on two world class players minus the English tax

to be honest i am starting to look at houlliers 20 million triple signing of diouf, diao and cheyrou in 2002, signings that set us back years and hoping history isn't about to repeat itself but so far the three of them are doing a pretty good job of making that comparison look very valid, please please prove me wrong guys

I've been very harsh on our new expensive British signings. I suspected myself going overboard from time to time by being too negative about their supposed lack of quality. So, if you disagreed, and I think many of you did, please watch this match and tell me what redeeming quality Mr. Carroll, Mr. Downing, Mr. Adam, and Mr. Henderson provided -- because I couldn't spot any.

Kenny Daglish is a stubborn old man and i didn't witness him play so his not fucking immortal to me. Henderson is shit, Downing is shit, Carroll is shit. 75million wasted on British bums. But what most worrying to me is his un flexabilty and his slowness in subs. If i was John Henrhy I'd be fairly pissed off. We could have a team with Mata'a Aguero etc with that money, But i guess I'll be negged as usual for speaking the truth. jay Spearing is a better player than Henderson, Coady probably even is. I'm so sick of this shit i really fucking am but i suppose the Kenny cocksuckers will be out as usual. That was as bad, Actually worse than under Roy Hodgson cause Roy had fuck all money a disgrace. This club is going no where with him in charge. FACT

U total knob head fuck off

I've been trying to cut Downing, Henderson & Adam some slack so far this season, wanting them to bed in. I'm sick of it now though.

How much more of a fucking incentive does Henderson want than repeatedly getting starts ahead of Kuyt? He was fucking garbage until he was dragged off at half time. Adam and Downing have been consistently shite all season so far. All three can get fucked and sit on the bench while we give some youngsters a go as far as I'm concerned. Utter wank.

Excuses are unfashionable on this "bring back Hodgson" thread, but I've watched a few replays of the off-side goal, and it looks like it richocheted off the Swansea defender before falling to Kuyt. If Agger's played it on to the defender, is it still off?

To be honest I'm not sure sure.I don't have a issue with the call as I think it's offside.

It would have papered over ever increasing cracks though I would have gladly taken it.

I'll give them credit. We were still awful.

I agree.

We get all this bollocks of 'lesser' teams showing utd too much respect when they play them, not sure if we done that today (AGAINST FUCKING SWANSEA!) or we looked like the promoted team against a well established prem team. Either way it was fucking shite today.

Kenny Daglish is a stubborn old man and i didn't witness him play so his not fucking immortal to me. Henderson is shit, Downing is shit, Carroll is shit. 75million wasted on British bums. But what most worrying to me is his un flexabilty and his slowness in subs. If i was John Henrhy I'd be fairly pissed off. We could have a team with Mata'a Aguero etc with that money, But i guess I'll be negged as usual for speaking the truth. jay Spearing is a better player than Henderson, Coady probably even is. I'm so sick of this shit i really fucking am but i suppose the Kenny cocksuckers will be out as usual. That was as bad, Actually worse than under Roy Hodgson cause Roy had fuck all money a disgrace. This club is going no where with him in charge. FACT

I considered negging you for being an illiterate fucking buffon but I couldn't be arsed in the end.

You actually make a valid point about the lack of tactical flexibility we've shown, especially compared to Kenny's spell at the end of last season when it was the main reason our performances picked up, but you buried it away in so much shit I'd be surprised if many people notice.

What we needed during the summer was a left back, centre back, CM to break up the play and use the ball sensibly, left winger, right winger and goal scorer to get top 4.

What we need now is a centre back (unsure about Coates), CM to break up the play and use the ball sensibly, creative midfielder, right winger and goal scorer to get top 4.

Only cost us a hundred million and we still need the same amount of players.

Did anyone hear it said on the radio that Carroll just grabbed his gear and fucked off once he was subbed?