You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Louis Theroux

VladimirIlyich

I did wonder about her being shoved into a wall with the violence of a car crash but then showing no ill affects. Wasn't too clear on the timeline though. Even so, she clearly doesn't love/like her boyfriend and is only with him for the drugs and they both know it.

She is on some pretty strong pain relief.

I've often advocated legalisation/ state control of drugs. But seeing this makes it very difficult to justify when it comes to opiates. Or most of these synthetic drugs. The only (!?) saving grace is that the user would be in the hands of a (largely) accountable and professional state apparatus than the venal scum that deal to kids and keep women tied to their abusers. Watching Louis Theroux certainly provokes inner and external debate..

Piece on the BBC about the current state of heroin addiction in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/Heroin

Frightening stuff. Worse somehow when it's closer to home. It's easier to imagine the extremes we see in Louis documentaries are more reserved for that looney asylum that is america. We're probably the same.

• 2 weeks later...

His timing of awkward silences is absolutely in the higher echelons of immense. 

The moment wear Pas the French/Spanish Actress from 45 films, who you ca't film by the way, is one of the most awkward scenes I have ever seen. You know it's awkward when Louis finds it awkward.

The fella he is working with just comes across as bitter and looking to use Theroux as part of his revenge game. 

I did enjoy how Louis pulled him up on the harassment and his reaction. He knew he was wrong. 

• Upvote 1

The moment wear Pas the French/Spanish Actress from 45 films, who you ca't film by the way, is one of the most awkward scenes I have ever seen. You know it's awkward when Louis finds it awkward.

The fella he is working with just comes across as bitter and looking to use Theroux as part of his revenge game. 

I did enjoy how Louis pulled him up on the harassment and his reaction. He knew he was wrong. 

She was in Boardwalk Empire, she's a pretty well known actress.

Its a device he uses deliberately I think. Often the interviewee stops talking and instead of him prompting with a question, he just waits for the interviewee to continue.

He's a brilliant interviewer. He is able to get the confidence of anyone he speaks to, gets them to open up and never appears judgemental.

• 1 year later...