You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Wor Lord

Gym Beglin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turning into rawk on here, any one that expresses opinion that goes against the grain is chastised. Tell me this lads, what do you expect from your £35 million striker?

he's young player learning his trade, he has big potential, but is far from the finished article. I feel for him as he has nothing to do with the price, but sadly that price tag will always be mentioned as we are talking about money for world class player....and he's not one.

Burying your head in the sand isn't going to make it go away.

In 12 months time we'll be in another £50m situation when Suarez goes, so it'll give us another chance to spend £35m on someone. I hope to God we spend it more wisely this time.

The Carroll enigma rolls into yet another week.

What's with the fucking obsession about Suarez leaving?

Please, do indulge us. Do you know something we don't?

Turning into rawk on here, any one that expresses opinion that goes against the grain is chastised. Tell me this lads, what do you expect from your £35 million striker?

Funny... I thought we were turning into RAWK by castigating our 35 million pound striker 4 games into the young season... and starting a new thread about it almost daily.

Agreed he's a professional footballer and needs to perform, however now that he's here, his price tag is not important. What's important is that the best players play and Kenny get the most out of the team. Which will happen. One game a season does not make...

The chance to fucking develop, perhaps?

There's a discussion to be had here obviously. Just not in such simple-minded un-nuanced terms.

Our attacks have a habit of breaking down around Carroll, few people on here would argue about that. The important point is exactly why?

If it's his first touch that's the problem, then he's young and that can be worked on.

It's a problem, but not an insurmountable one.

If it's his decision making that's the problem then he's young and that can be worked on as well.

Lifestyle perhaps.? Same thing applies.

Do you see how this thing works?

But let's just say you're right. He is a hopeless case.

No fucking cause whatsoever for sticking with him and thinking there's even the slightest chance that he may come good.

No chance he'll put Man City to the fucking sword whilst recovering from injury, no chance he'll ever be the type of player who pulled Newcastle up by their shirt collars and made them a force to be reckoned with.

We need to get rid. As soon as possible.

In that case, lets imagine life without him..

Last transfer window, we sell Torres.

In the eyes of the footballing world, we're Chelsea's fucking feeder club.

Small time.

New, unproven owners, who, like Mike Ashley are willing to leave a manager seemingly unsupported and pocket the transfer money whilst laughing all the way to the fucking bank.

Dalglish looks weak and unsupported, as fans we're a fucking laughing stock. Money in the bank, unfulfilled promises from the new bosses, another six months of doubt and hesitancy. Dalglish undermined.

The worst case scenario is that Carroll turns out to be an expensive mistake.

An expensive mistake when the alternative was to undermine a fledgling managerial re-appointment whilst simultaneously undermining the faith of the most passionate support in world football.

Our owners stuck a fucking flag in the ground at a vitally important time in our recent development.

Perhaps this will turn out to be wrong-headed, hurried decision making forced upon them by a lack of notice from a supposedly loyal star centre-forward.

I don't know yet and neither do you.

Either way it's a lot more complicated than immediately selling a centre forward who quite patently has his best years ahead of him.

Although as a Liverpool fan you'd obviously worked that out for yourself hadn't you?

Hadn't you?

If one of our rivals had spunked 35m on him we would be pissing our pants at how inept he looks at times. So far he looks way way short of being a Liverpool striker regardless of his price. Like everyone else i hope he comes good but the signs so far don't look good. At least big Eric could cook!

I dont have any problems with Carroll at all he does what it says on the tin and for those wanting goals you cant score from the bench ?

FWIW i thought that Dalglish got it wrong today he should have started with Carroll and Suarez he had 1 impact player in Bellemy on the bench we did everything right today Stoke didnt have chances infront of Goal it should never have been a pen if anything it was a foul on carra we failed to convert our chances not down to Carroll again

Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee we have been told not this season as we are only just begining but we will be up there at the end the football is miles better its time for some sad fuckers to love the fact that there is any water in the class at all never mind half full

If it's his decision making that's the problem then he's young and that can be worked on as well.

Lifestyle perhaps.? Same thing applies.

Do you see how this thing works?

But let's just say you're right. He is a hopeless case.

No fucking cause whatsoever for sticking with him and thinking there's even the slightest chance that he may come good.

No chance he'll put Man City to the fucking sword whilst recovering from injury, no chance he'll ever be the type of player who pulled Newcastle up by their shirt collars and made them a force to be reckoned with.

We need to get rid. As soon as possible.

In that case, lets imagine life without him..

The worst case scenario is that Carroll turns out to be an expensive mistake.

An expensive mistake when the alternative was to undermine a fledgling managerial re-appointment whilst simultaneously undermining the faith of the most passionate support in world football.

Our owners stuck a fucking flag in the ground at a vitally important time in our recent development.

Perhaps this will turn out to be wrong-headed, hurried decision making forced upon them by a lack of notice from a supposedly loyal star centre-forward.

Either way it's a lot more complicated than immediately selling a centre forward who quite patently has his best years ahead of him.

Even if his best years are ahead of him, the reality is he just didn't fit with the way we're trying to play football. He'd be great for Stoke, when they can fire long balls up to him all day, but our "pass-and-move" philosophy leaves him redundant upfront, and the game passes him by. I think he probably will be sold, it's just a question of when, and what price.

Edited by mypost