You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not so sure, I think it's becoming apparent to everyone that he's genuinely insane. If he was your boss In a call centre and tried to describe him to your mates they wouldn't believe you, yet he's a billionaire President of the united states.

When he shouts fake news it reminds me of when Randy Watson keeps stamping his foot and shouting 'sexual chocolate' when nobody claps.

And yet polling suggest he'd win a second term against Elizabeth Warren (the current front-runner) if that was the election. Too many of his supporters already think he's telling it like it is, what's changing their mind here? He's labelling every attack/story on his presidency as

fake news', he's just filling in the gaps of the bullshit DNA sequence they already know.

What worries me more is his repeated parroting of every news story questioning his administration as 'fake news'. It erodes the idea of a free press, especially among the people who already think he's right.

Hitler used the terminology Lugenpresse which translates to "lying press". Instead of lying he says fake and instead of press he says news but it's ostensibly the same thing. 

He has made Steve Bannon of Breitbart his chief strategist.

He is currently trying to silence the likes of the Washington Post holding him to account.

Go and read some Gramsci.

He's calling the press out for the gang of bullshit merchants they are, I like how he's brutally honest. Perhaps people would prefer him to pander to the media and give the tired old traditional, clitched non answers politicians give.

This is one of the reasons he's been elected it's also refreshing he's not changed now he's been elected, you might not agree with his politics but surely you have to give him credit for this?

He's calling the press out for the gang of bullshit merchants they are, I like how he's brutally honest. Perhaps people would prefer him to pander to the media and give the tired old traditional, clitched non answers politicians give.

This is one of the reasons he's been elected it's also refreshing he's not changed now he's been elected, you might not agree with his politics but surely you have to give him credit for this?

Brutally honest? He's lying every time he opens his mouth.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/832327160354467841/video/1
  • Upvote 1

Did it scare you? You know, when you jamp that shark, was it, like scary?

• Upvote 1

This is cracked. How is the press, especially the US political printed press, a gang of bullshit merchants? This is what I mean, he goes on and gives a mad press conference and you're saying he's brutally honest. He's anything but brutally honest.

Except it's not opinion pieces he's decrying as fake news, it's anything that questions the mandate he was elected with, or the legality of the petty diktats he's being throwing out since he was elected. You are welcome to respect this man all you like but the divisive tactics that you see as refreshing are setting a dangerous precedent in terms of investigative journalism and its role in keeping public bodies in check.

• Upvote 1

This is cracked. How is the press, especially the US political printed press, a gang of bullshit merchants? This is what I mean, he goes on and gives a mad press conference and you're saying he's brutally honest. He's anything but brutally honest.

The press are all honest? Really? It's me who's cracked? The press conference wasn't mad, just different and appeared to be honest to the usual shite none answers politicians spout.

There was/is enough bias reporting in the UK to lead me to believe it was much worse in the US, it's CNN he seems to have taken the most issue with, not having they've been completely impartial when reporting on anything to do with Trump.

The press are all honest? Really? It's me who's cracked? The press conference wasn't mad, just different and appeared to be honest to the usual shite none answers politicians spout.

There was/is enough bias reporting in the UK to lead me to believe it was much worse in the US, it's CNN he seems to have taken the most issue with, not having they've been completely impartial when reporting on anything to do with Trump.

Where did I say all? Don't misrepresent the point to try and facilitate your argument. I very pointedly named one specific section of the press to avoid a sweeping generalisation.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the press treatment of Corbyn then.

Where did I say all? Don't misrepresent the point to try and facilitate your argument. I very pointedly named one specific section of the press to avoid a sweeping generalisation.

You named the press, then went on to name the printed political press. Don't you think he's got a right to call out sections of the media that he's found to report untruthful stories?

It's funny watching people defend the media all of sudden, if it was anyone else other than Trump he'd be being applauded for it. It's about time someone stood up to the shower of cunts, pity it's taken the most powerful man in the World to do it.

It's funny watching people defend the media all of sudden, if it was anyone else other than Trump he'd be being applauded for it. It's about time someone stood up to the shower of cunts, pity it's taken the most powerful man in the World to do it.

But he's standing up to the more reputable outlets, and standing by the wingnut media outlets. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Don't you think he's got a right to call out sections of the media that he's found to report untruthful stories?

He hasn't found anything. He's just falsely accusing sections of the press of lying. He has no right at all to do it and it's fucking dangerous.

He, on the other hand, is constantly shown to be a lying cunt with actual evidence to back it up.

It would be one thing if the leaked information was false, but it isn't.

He's acknowledged the leaks are real but then tries to say that the reporting of them is fake news. What he's asserting is ridiculous.

It's not just the press he's lashing out at, it's anyone who contradicts his world view - judges, senators, comedians, the leaders of other countries. This is what it would look like if Veruca Salt grew up and became president. Except it's real. And it isn't Veruca Salt, it's Donald Trump.

He hasn't found anything. He's just falsely accusing sections of the press of lying. He has no right at all to do it and it's fucking dangerous.

He, on the other hand, is constantly shown to be a lying cunt with actual evidence to back it up.

I'm sure if we was to stack up the lies of the media next to the lies of Trump with actual evidence of the bullshit who'd come out worse here.

Of course he has a right to call them on it, nobody has a right to call the press on there bullshit and bias reporting?

An example he gave was Hillary getting the questions to the debate before hand, apparently this wasn't reported on properly. You seem like the expert on what the media are reporting on in the US is this true? How would CNN have reported this story if Trump has cheated in the debate?

Does Trump have no right to highlight inconsistencies like this?