You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Local elections 5th May

Sugar Ape

Corbyn is a joke and so far left that he will never be fit to run this country, Labour was for the British working classes traditionally yet he seems to support all that threaten our nation and affect the working classes the most

Daily Mail bot.

I don’t think Corbyn will ever win an election in fact I’m certain he won’t, if he’s not in pole position now against a party in total chaos with the worst PM in my lifetime then he never will be, It will be interesting to see who takes over from him, Starmer for me, the apocalyptic problem with that though is that we could very will be in to a 27 year Tory reign by time his chance comes.

I don’t buy the "Corbyn will never be Prime Minister" line. If the party bureaucracy had actually tried to win the last GE - instead of throwing all their resources into a rearguard action to protect the Blairites in the PLP - he could be PM today. Now that MacNicol has gone, Labour could actually win a General Election.

I think you’re right, I was just stating my preference, I should have been clearer.

Yeah, sorry. I was answering but not if you see what I mean.

You may be right re Corbyn. There might be too much ammo for the press. Maybe a significant chunk of the population will continue to think he's going to put everyone in gulags. Someone with exactly the same policies, but 25 years younger and without the baggage, would probably stand a better chance.

Who knows. Don't live in the UK now so significantly less arsed.

Yeah, sorry. I was answering but not if you see what I mean.

You may be right re Corbyn. There might be too much ammo for the press. Maybe a significant chunk of the population will continue to think he's going to put everyone in gulags. Someone with exactly the same policies, but 25 years younger and without the baggage, would probably stand a better chance.

Who knows. Don't live in the UK now so significantly less arsed.

Again I agree, it’s not fair but a left winger is not operating on a level playing field, the system simply isn’t structured that way. A left wing PM is going to have to be one hell of a skilful politician that’s for sure with pragmatism at the heart of everything he or she does. Obviously I’m not a left winger I’m just stating things the way I see them.

Corbyn is a joke and so far left that he will never be fit to run this country, Labour was for the British working classes traditionally yet he seems to support all that threaten our nation and affect the working classes the most

Hmm. Corbyn is pretty left-wing, but the most surprising thing about the Labour manifesto at the last election was how moderate it was. Actually it was less progressive than the Lib Dem manifesto, committing them to eliminating tuition fees, which mostly benefits higher earners, but not eliminating Tory benefit cuts, which mostly impact upon lower earners.