You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

The Premier League should announce that Everton’s appeal was unsuccessful at 7 o’clock tonight just to push the moaning twats over the edge.

Not been the best weekend for them has it.

20 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Losing the plot because they saw Klopp laughing with Richard Masters the chairman of the Premier League just before the trophy presentation. Proof that the Premier League is defo corrupt. 

And you can guarantee that every single one of the disturbed cunts who are on GOT this evening saying "PED's lad, Steds and Inhalers, all these kids will be shit when the PEDs are out of their systems after Klopp fucks off, tellin' yer lad. These cunts have never won a single game without cheating and corruption" will be sitting on the 14 or the 217 bus into town tomorrow with a face like a constipated bullfrog and even before their Liverpool supporting Bother-in-Law/Work colleague/acquaintance has even sat down near them after getting on two stops after them they'll state categorically "Did'n't watch it lad, didn't see it, would watch your games if I got paid".

After watching every fucking minute of it and forensically analysing everything that they could fume about. 

The fucking sweaty, short necked, obese, obsessed, deluded, jealous nackers.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

Mwuhahahahahahahahaha!

Should have guessed…

image.png

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Losing the plot because they saw Klopp laughing with Richard Masters the chairman of the Premier League just before the trophy presentation. Proof that the Premier League is defo corrupt. 

Saw that 

Outstanding 

On 24/02/2024 at 16:46, Fallen Angel said:

The irony being - it was spending that crippled us in through the 90’s and beyond. The first splurge was probably KK when Barnes etc. arrived - was a quick fix. We tried buying our way back in at various points and failed. Probably led to the whole Hicks farce too. 

The arrival of Barnes etc., cost £4.3m. 

£0.9m Barnes 

£1.9m Beardsley

£0.8m Houghton

£0.7m Aldridge

This was offset by these sales, generating £4.3m

£3.2m Rush

£0.5m Walsh

£0.5m Spackman

£0.1m Wark

You could argue that Kenny allowed the squad get old together and was unlucky with the early retirements of Beglin, Lawrenson and Johnston. You could also say with justification that his purchases after 1989, especially Rosenthal, Speedie (big goals not withstanding for both) and Carter were not good enough long-term. 

However, his shuffling of the pack after the 86/87 season was absolutely outstanding and "cost" fuck all. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Razoray said:

£0.9m Barnes 

£1.9m Beardsley

£0.8m Houghton

£0.7m Aldridge

£3.2m Rush

£0.5m Walsh

£0.5m Spackman

£0.1m Wark

You could argue that Kenny allowed the squad get old together and was unlucky with the early retirements of Beglin, Lawrenson and Johnston. You could also say with justification that his purchases after 1989, especially Rosenthal, Speedie (big goals not withstanding for both) and Carter were not good enough long-term. 

However, his shuffling of the pack after the 86/87 season was absolutely outstanding and "cost" fuck all. 

Rosenthal was a big factor in the run in last time we won the league pre 2020.

Kenny team did get old together but it had another couple of years in its legs when Souness sold them. Had they been kept together and Redknapp,McManaman been brought through and the signings of Rob Jones and later emergence of Fowler happened we'd have been ok. 

The signings were poor overall in Kenny last 2 years and Souness pretty much awful bar Jones,Wright. If Mark Wright wouldn't have missed so many games he'd have been a great player for us. And had the club bought him and Gary Pallister in things probably would have been far different. 

The lies they tell themselves.

I'm so out if football lt was only a passing comment yesterday from a Chelsea fan mate of mine that made me aware that the league Cup final was today. I couldn't have told you who was playing in it before he said. As a kid I'd always support any northern team over any southern team, but not if it were that spawn. So they won it did they? A trophy won without it being on penalties eventually? But only just.
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I'm so out if football lt was only a passing comment yesterday from a Chelsea fan mate of mine that made me aware that the league Cup final was today. I couldn't have told you who was playing in it before he said. As a kid I'd always support any northern team over any southern team, but not if it were that spawn. So they won it did they? A trophy won without it being on penalties eventually? But only just.

Life in the alternative universe. 

It's mad the way Evertonians seem.to have loads of friends who support teams that we end up playing in finals. I remember them having loads of family and friends who supported Spurs when we played them in the 2019 CL Final. These friends and family all tood them that our fans started fights with them and caused trouble in Madrid despite no reports anywhere of any trouble. 

Mad for a set of fans who are all allegedly based in the city to know so many sets of fans from all over the country. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

He's right though - trophies are none of Everton's business. Silverware doesn't cross the mind of the average Blue. Why would it? Winning is a strange and distant land for them. They see trophies like a cat might see a ball of tin foil - a peculiar and shiny unknowable object. 

If they saw a trophy they wouldn't know what it is. They'd be like early man gathering around the alien monolith in 2001 a Space Odyssey.

giphy-1.gif

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

He's right though - trophies are none of Everton's business. Silverware doesn't cross the mind of the average Blue. Why would it? Winning is a strange and distant land for them. They see trophies like a cat might see a ball of tin foil - a peculiar and shiny unknowable object. 

If they saw a trophy they wouldn't know what it is. They'd be like early man gathering around the alien monolith in 2001 a Space Odyssey.

giphy-1.gif

Not sure your first analogy works. Cats generally chase the shiny thing.

Maybe a cucumber would be a better example to use there for Everton. 

W4IdW4J.gif

On 24/02/2024 at 19:31, Ron B said:

Do you have any proof of this?

Kenny spent a bit of cash that summer, but the sales of Rushie and Walsh meant we more or less broke even on Barnes, Aldo, Beardsley and Houghton combined, and every one of those was a great signing. Plus, it wasn’t a quick fix - it was a restructure of the whole team which then barely changed for the next four years. 
Kenny’s questionable transfers came after. Rushie cost an awful lot of money the following summer (almost the entire transfer budget aside from David Burrows), and there was a good reason that the assembled press corps at the time assumed the mystery arrival was going to be a central defender to replace Lawro and/or succeed Al Hansen. 
The following summer our only first team signing was Glenn Hysen, the epitome of a quick fix (his first season was good!), and Ronny Rosenthal’s arrival on loan was a quick fix signing on steroids - he was here for four years but a third(!) of his goals came during his initial two-month loan spell. 
And then, in the final season: £1m for Rosenthal, and similar sums for David Speedie and Jimmy Carter who were both gone within months for less than we’d paid for them. 
The spending didn’t stop after 1987 but the signings got progressively less and less successful. That’s not to say Kenny wasn’t brilliant, but after that splurge his best arrivals were youngsters who wouldn’t hit the first team until some years afterwards. 

its bollocks

we sold rush and bought aldo,barnes and rush.

up there with 1 of the best bits of business we have ever done.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Razoray said:

£0.9m Barnes 

£1.9m Beardsley

£0.8m Houghton

£0.7m Aldridge

£3.2m Rush

£0.5m Walsh

£0.5m Spackman

£0.1m Wark

rosenthal won us the league in 90.

it gave the team a bit of a kick up the arse.

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Kenny team did get old together but it had another couple of years in its legs when Souness sold them. Had they been kept together and Redknapp,McManaman been brought through and the signings of Rob Jones and later emergence of Fowler happened we'd have been ok. 

The signings were poor overall in Kenny last 2 years and Souness pretty much awful bar Jones,Wright. If Mark Wright wouldn't have missed so many games he'd have been a great player for us. And had the club bought him and Gary Pallister in things probably would have been far different. 

when he left we were 2nd in the league and still in the cup.

Like you say though,they still had a few years left in them.Beardsley was at everton for 2 years wasnt he?