You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But apparently it IS okay to cast doubt on the behaviour of three individuals who are still at this club and have a sum total of over 40 years and over 2,000 matches as players and manager.

No it isn't!

Which is not what people are saying, as you very well know!

Unless you are following the Daily Express 'Benefit Scroungers' strategy by finding the worst example, and using that example as the norm!

Put it this way, if I, as a publisher came to you and said 'Give me a book on the past 4 years', would your version be completely unbiased, painting everybody in a fair and untained fashion?

Who knows? He may have even got wind of the upcoming Gareth Barry transfer attempt by late 2007 in which case you wouldn't blame him for wanting to go home.

He didn't want to go in 2007 or 2008 and I think that's been well established in the last 18 months, very surprised Reade chose to print that

if I, as a publisher came to you and said 'Give me a book on the past 4 years', would your version be completely unbiased, painting everybody in a fair and untained fashion?

You mean would I say that Pako was a traitor and Parry bought all the shit players and Alonso was hell bent on going back to Spain and that we should have bought Malouda Alves Turner Chamakh and Barry and Heighway was an obstacle to youth development and Keane was a bit thick in training and that all the players wanted to leave with Rafa and Parry and Purslow thought they were football experts and Purslow wanted Rafa's house and Rafa was forced to buy Aquilani and Johnson because of debts and reduced budgets and Rafa wasn't a control freak who managed to convince a signifcant chunk of our support that no blame, none whatsoever, can be attached to his poor judgement in the market, his obsession with having his own way on absolutely everything or his increasingly negative approach away from home, and certainly never made snide back-stabbing remarks to dimwit starstruck allies about anyone who didn't do what he wanted nor did he play his paranoid part in turning this club into a freakish, poisonous circus that still frustratingly exists to this day?

No. No, I wouldn't.

You mean would I say that Pako was a traitor and Parry bought all the shit players and Alonso was hell bent on going back to Spain and that we should have bought Malouda Alves Turner Chamakh and Barry and Heighway was an obstacle to youth development and Keane was a bit thick in training and that all the players wanted to leave with Rafa and Parry and Purslow thought they were football experts and Purslow wanted Rafa's house and Rafa was forced to buy Aquilani and Johnson because of debts and reduced budgets and Rafa wasn't a control freak who managed to convince a signifcant chunk of our support that no blame, none whatsoever, can be attached to his poor judgement in the market, his obsession with having his own way on absolutely everything or his increasingly negative approach away from home, and certainly never made snide back-stabbing remarks to dimwit starstruck allies about anyone who didn't do what he wanted nor did he play his paranoid part in turning this club into a freakish, poisonous circus that still frustratingly exists to this day?

No. No, I wouldn't.

Brian Reade didn't say that! Rafa did and he reported it, so your argument is 'moo'

But I am quite sure if he had of said 'to be honest I am a control freak, and Paka stood up to me so I couldn't wait until the first excuse came along before I got rid, same with Alonso, I needed a diversion and he was it, the fans thankfully fell for this, same with Robbie Keane of course I wanted him, I wanted to pay25 million for him and 25 million for Barry, but Rick wouldn't do so, bit lucky that he was seen as a bit of a clown so I just blamed him'

Then you would have reported that!

Stick Bascombe's name in the title and your reaction would be completely different and you know it!

No. No, I wouldn't.

that's quality :)

edit - not if you're being serious....

Rafa wanted to get rid of Alonso for £14M and he did not sell Torres or Mascherano.

Ye stupid hair splitting twat,

If Rafa got £64m for Alonso,he still wouldn't have seen money from it,it would have gone to your mates Tommy and Georgie

If Rafa got £64m for Alonso,he still wouldn't have seen money from it,it would have gone to your mates Tommy and Georgie

Aren't you meant to relax more as you get older?

Chill out you are going to give yourself a stroke. Pull your slippers on, fill your pipe up, blow the dust off your zimmer frame and get out and enjoy the sunshine!!

At your age you have to treat every day as if it might be your last.

The one person who should of come out was David Moores but he didnt.

He wrote a sorry piece in the paper and that was all he did.

No sit down interview, no apology.

If ever there was an argument that public schools are shite, David Moores is it.

Guest TK-421
But apparently it IS okay to cast doubt on the behaviour of three individuals who are still at this club and have a sum total of over 40 years and over 2,000 matches as players and manager.

I will question Carragher's and Gerrard's motives for keeping quiet on the ownership saga until the cows come home, because I think the reasons given are tame and unconvincing. It's no big deal, just my opinion.

Oh, and your argument is definitely moo.

Alonso wanted to go in 2007. (oh did he and I wonder why he eventually left)

Pako betrayed Benitez?

How did he. A load of shite. He disagreed with the manager over some things on the training field. Hardly betrayal is it. But then again Pako isnt the type of person to comeout in public and try and convince the world what happened , just like Alonso really.

You will find his 'senior source' was no other than the Benitez little side kick Owen Brown.

Hardly senior. However, he was the managers runaround at the time. The senior source will only tell you what he senior at the time wants to let Reade know.

Great senior source that.

More to it then that.

Hahahaha,ye fuckin strap on,

so players don't sign contract and break them long before the contract is due to expire!!!

So a player wants to go to Spain in 2007, signs a new deal in.....errr....June 2007?

I think Rafa meant "Alonso will leave anyway as he wants to go to Spain at some point". But to suggest Alonso would have left as soon as Rafa walked out of the door is....utter rubbish.

Ah now I get it, what you are saying is that trying to offload Alonso for £14M was part of Rafa`s brilliant masterplan in his fight against the owners, owners he had sided with before when it suited im, he wanted them to get as little money as possible from the Alonso sale.

Hahahaha,ye fuckin strap on,

so players don't sign contract and break them long before the contract is due to expire!!!

Who the hell would sign a long term contract if they were engineering a move away from the club, thus making it much harder to force a move?

I'm sorry that this doesn't fit your agenda.

No. No, I wouldn't.

Spectacular.