You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

How come he's getting shit for posing with it but Cameron and Clegg aren't?

Because we live in hope that a labour leader isn't a cunt. I don't think he is a cunt, but I think what he did is the actions of a cunt. The distinction means little to me.

I was warming to him after the queens speech though he spoke well. Only luke warm though if that. He seems like a man who sits on the fence scared to pick a side so he just gets shot at from both sides. Very few politicians seem to be passionate and principled willing to even state what they believe in. Robin cook seemed to have that decency, I think zac goldsmith has impressed me when I've seen him interviewed despite him being a Tory. Maybe too much is made of the whole left right arguement, we need good people with honest intentions more than anything else.

How come he's getting shit for posing with it but Cameron and Clegg aren't? Especially from people like Lib Dem Mike storey?

I don't think any of them should have been posing with it as it's got to be bordering on a conflict of interest. I cant understand why the editors of other daily's aren't up in arms over it. Given that it was only just over a year ago when Cameron made, what seemed like a passionate speech in parliament makes it even more grating. It just proves that it was all been fucking lip service.

The grating thing about this tit though is, Liverpool has been a Labour stronghold since the 60s (i think).  I've just told my dad he should cancel his Labour party membership.

Andy Burnham must feel like he's been done up like a kipper. Has there been any comment from him ? 

• Upvote 1

I don't think any of them should have been posing with it as it's got to be bordering on a conflict of interest. I cant understand why the editors of other daily's aren't up in arms over it. Given that it was only just over a year ago when Cameron made, what seemed like a passionate speech in parliament makes it even more grating. It just proves that it was all been fucking lip service.

The grating thing about this tit though is, Liverpool has been a Labour stronghold since the 60s (i think).  I've just told my dad he should cancel his Labour party membership.

Andy Burnham must feel like he's been done up like a kipper. Has there been any comment from him ? 

All quiet on Twitter.  He's probably seething.  Like Thumper's mum said "If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all."

How come he's getting shit for posing with it but Cameron and Clegg aren't? Especially from people like Lib Dem Mike storey?

There is a conflict of interest when people in positions of power advertise newspapers.  But, seriously, nobody expects any better from Cameron, Johnson or Farage - selling their arses to their billionaire buddies is part of their job description.  As for Clegg, his entire existence for the last 4 years has been one long sell-out.

Naive as it may seem, people still expect better from a Labour leader.

• Upvote 1

There is a conflict of interest when people in positions of power advertise newspapers.  But, seriously, nobody expects any better from Cameron, Johnson or Farage - selling their arses to their billionaire buddies is part of their job description.  As for Clegg, his entire existence for the last 4 years has been one long sell-out.

Naive as it may seem, people still expect better from a Labour leader.

I do.

It is one thing for the leader of an opposition party to be pictured holding up any newspaper as part of a promotion run by that newspaper - it is not something anyone should accept from the Prime Minister of the day. I would apply the same logic if I saw Joe Anderson doing the same thing with the Liverpool Echo.

• Upvote 1

Why would you advertise something like that, knowing full well you'll offend a large portion of your electorate? that's one of the dumbest political stunts i've ever seen, i just don't understand how the spin doctors or anyone associated with Labour would allow that to happen. If he didn't think that would cause any offence, then he literally doesn't have a clue about current affairs or a single ounce of common sense in his body. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Bemused that people think this was dumb.

Labour will still piss Liverpool and they obviously think they'll win votes elsewhere.

It's not a principled action but it is almost certainly a strategic win.

He's just vying for the support of Murdoch. If he doesn't get it, it'll count for nothing.

Because we live in hope that a labour leader isn't a cunt. I don't think he is a cunt, but I think what he did is the actions of a cunt. The distinction means little to me.

Yeah because your what a lecturer in politics arent you, and you base your assertion of who requires backing out of all the leaders on hope as you say, which tells you all you need to know.

You are only just coming to that conclusion shows what a visionary you are. Im just surprised Section is the one trying to defend him.

He is a worm. 

People voting 'by default' is whats wrong with democracy in this country. You are supposed to vote for your hopes and dreams not to prevent your fears and anxieties. Anyone who votes for Milliband's party is not a red to me.

I've just read a DT post that seems a perfectly lucid summary of opinions I strongly agree with.

I may need to lie down for a while.

I've just read a DT post that seems a perfectly lucid summary of opinions I strongly agree with.

I may need to lie down for a while.

While its a very good post i simply cannot withhold my vote and allow this current giant clusterfuck of cunts to spend any more time in government. Sad but true.

What does Miliband's Labour actually offer that would make it worth voting for them? Are they actually going to reverse the decisions they have hounded the Tories for making? They're certainly not going to reverse the ones that they agree with (see bedroom tax, cutting disability allowance without proper checks). Apart from not offering the thickos of the country the referendum they're told they want, it seems to be getting to be more of "they're all the same, none of them will change anything" every half decade. 

It would fuck up the short term of this country, but maybe the best for the long term would be for Labour be told by the voters that it's heading in completely the wrong direction and they need a complete reform (Not that I would ever advocate a Tory vote, just a non-Labour one).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Labour have said, pretty unequivocally, they'll scrap the bedroom tax. They certainly don't support it. Of the two main parties, I think they're by far the best. Not voting for them in areas where it's marginal will be cutting off your nose.

Rather be on Anne Williams side than ded ed's but thanks for the tip bumnut.

Can someone not on his ignore list ask NN why its acceptable to support the sun now?

It appears the master has soiled himself whilst sitting in the lotus position.

How many copies of the sun is he allowed to hold up and apologise for doin before it becomes definitively unacceptable to you?

You recommend we vote for these people. Have you any principles whatsoever or have you sold out with Red Ed in the thrall of Murdoch's power?

Bedroom tax reversal promises is the best justification Ive ever heard for supporting the suns campaign to cash in on the world cup but Im sure you can do better, after all everyone respects you on here, apart from that artist fellow you tried to claim credit for the work of but I dont think hes on here so much these days since he threatened legal action on the site, thankfully Dave relented on your behalf, which helped to keep the crime figures down.