You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big Sami - Class !

bigjohn

Great to hear that big Sami is still showing his Legend status. How I wish we could have a young Hyypia in our team again. Bayer Leverkusen had Ballack refuse to go to a match because he did not want to be on the bench...Sami was ill but still wanted to be there even if only as sub.

Jupp Heynckes said of Sami -

"He is a fantastic professional and I have never had anybody like him."

http://http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/germany-bundesliga/news/1047523/Heynckes-slams-Ballack

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a shame he felt forced out. He should still be here. The word legend is overused, but Sami truly deserves the epithet.

The shame is that you have to taint every fucking post, Sami left to continue playing games at a decent level, he was offered the chance to stay but wanted to play more games. Fair play he left with his head held high, and great thanks, and has gone on to play far more games than he would have expected here.

The shame is that you have to taint every fucking post, Sami left to continue playing games at a decent level, he was offered the chance to stay but wanted to play more games. Fair play he left with his head held high, and great thanks, and has gone on to play far more games than he would have expected here.

All true, but you shouldn't discount the effect that being excluded for Philipp Degen for the CL squad had on Sami. He was livid. His father Jouko told me this. Or is this "tainting" the post too?

As i said, he should still be here.

All true, but you shouldn't discount the effect that being excluded for Philipp Degen for the CL squad had on Sami. He was livid. His father Jouko told me this. Or is this "tainting" the post too?

No one "tells" you anything, you're a loser who is also a compulsive liar.

I'm sorry dude, but the fella shouldn't still be here, certainly not as a player, great servant though Sami was, we cannot afford to hang onto players for what they were. Being livid at being left out for Degen is fair enough, but Sami wanted more games and moved on, fair play to him, he could have sat back and collected a wage and played less, but wanted the challenge of playing every week. We can't look at the quality of Degen, as he wasn't supposed to be (we hope) as shit as he was when we signed him, but that was the joys of shopping in home and bargain under the pair of pricks.

I have a feeling he might come back once, probably for just one single season then retire.

Would be good, anyway.....

Sami, whilst an absolute fucking genius of a centreback, even when making the cameos during his last season, is now 37 and should not be coming back to liverpool to play as centreback.... for fucks sake, are we gonna bring back elisha scott. I know we have a somewhat romantic return of Dalglish as boss, but yer can bet a pound to a pinch of shite if he starts trying to persuade digger and aldo to get back in their shorts.... jesus fucking wept. move along the bus.

Sami, whilst an absolute fucking genius of a centreback, even when making the cameos during his last season, is now 37 and should not be coming back to liverpool to play as centreback.... for fucks sake, are we gonna bring back elisha scott. I know we have a somewhat romantic return of Dalglish as boss, but yer can bet a pound to a pinch of shite if he starts trying to persuade digger and aldo to get back in their shorts.... jesus fucking wept. move along the bus.

A 37 year old Hyypia is better than skrtel.