You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met Christian Purslow once, it lasted 30 seconds and it was when I met the new owners. I stood up and thanked him, If that makes me thick and him playing me like a fiddle, then so be it.

If you had a modicum of common sense,

when he reached out to shake your hand,

you should have left hooked the cunt,

the only reason you liked Purslow is because he sacked a man you DESPISED.

Chris "cut the Owners some slack" Bascombe (who drip feed you all of this bile) is another who despised Benitez,

and constantly wrote negative articles about him (Benitez) in his childish manner because Rafa seen through the phony Cunt.

But you carry on playing the Purslow the Messiah card,

strange how Ayers (another cunt in YOUR opinion) got retained by NESV and Christy the Messiah got well and truly fucked off

I sent the emails along with everyone else, I didn't save the club. The financial situation of the owners forced the issue, not me or the other people sending emails.

Correct,

inadvertently not getting 4th saved the Club

Can anyone on here find the press article where RBS stated Liverpool where in safe hands and COULD afford "these debts"

Correct,

inadvertently not getting 4th saved the Club

Can anyone on here find the press article where RBS stated Liverpool where in safe hands and COULD afford "these debts"

It was an email sent to supporters by Roger Lowry of RBS: -

Thank you for your email expressing concern about RBS' banking arrangements with Liverpool FC and its current owners. We are aware of the strength of feeling of a number of fans on this matter and have corresponded with many during the course of the past year or so.

Perhaps I can start by putting RBS' relationship with Liverpool FC in context. RBS is the main banker to the Club including all of its operating accounts, cash management, online banking, automated payments, and credit card processing to facilitate ticket sales and retail merchandising. We also provide a credit facility to support the Club's working capital requirements and a letter of credit facility to facilitate the purchase of players from non-Premiership Clubs, along with a loan facility for design, planning and other preparatory work for the proposed new stadium at Stanley Park. We have set out to establish a long term relationship with the Club, and we look forward to this continuing for many years to come.

We also lent money to the Club's parent, Kop Football Limited, so that it could repay debt which was on the balance sheet of the Club at the time of its acquisition by George Gillett and Tom Hicks. This is the only portion of Kop Football's bank debt for which the Club is legally responsible. We took great care when making our original loan in early 2007 and when refinancing it last January to distinguish between obligations of the Club, primarily those outlined above, and obligations of its parent company, the latter being secured by personal guarantees and collateral from the owners and a pledge of the shares they own in the Club.

As a result the Club does not suffer the burden of debt implied by a lot of the recent press reports and, in our view and that of the executive management of the Club, it is financially healthy and able to service comfortably its debt obligations from cash flow generated by its playing and commercial activities. It is in our commercial interest to support the Club in the manner described above so that it can continue to perform successfully on and off the pitch.

As far as the Government is concerned, they have been very clear that they do not wish to exercise day to day control over RBS or make commercial decisions for us. Indeed they set up an independent body, UKFI, to oversee the Government's shareholding in RBS, so matters such as strategy and governance can be agreed, while they leave commercially related matters to us.

RBS attaches a great deal of value to being associated with Liverpool FC. I hope my comments reassure you as to the strength and depth of our relationship with the Club and that we will endeavor to contribute to its long term health and success.

Kind Regards,

Roger Lowry, Head of Group Public Affairs, Royal Bank of Scotland Group

Christ on a bike, I made the colossal error of opening an FF thread for the first time in weeks and - surprise, surprise - it's shit.

Newsflash, everyone: Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Rafa Benitez, Christian Purslow, Martin Broughton and Roy Hodgson have all left the club. Kenny Dalglish, Damien Comolli and FSG are in charge. We broke our transfer record twice on the same day a matter of weeks ago, we've got arguably the best crop of young players to ever come through at once knocking on the door of the first team squad and we're unbeaten in eight games in all competitions with a good chance of a trophy at the end of the season.

We've spent the last twenty years looking backwards. It is finally time to look to the future. Fuck all the bullshit, rumour, innuendo, politics and point-scoring. Liverpool Football Club is on its way back. The King is back on his throne. Who fucking cares about the dark days any more?

(For anyone who is in any way in agreement with my implicit point that the Football Forum is shit, I'd just like to remind you all that for the princely sum of 50p a week there is a Members Forum that involves quite a lot of good debate about football. Go to the sticky thread at the top of the Football Forum page for more details.)

Please please explain this Graham. Please.

Al, Torres's agent has said that Purslow met with Torres over the summer to discuss him staying. Purslow's role was to get him to stay for this season which he achieved (well at least till Christmas) by setting out the Club's vision going forward.

What he said we don't know but presumably Purslow's selection of Hodgson and our playing style (and time Torres thought it might take to rebuild) led to him leaving.

Torres seems to have stayed for the start of the season due to what Purslow said to convince him to stay.

I don't actually think that has much relevance to Purslow's overall performance though.

Same as when he said to you in your meeting "If it was not for alan and the email campaign" Hope you agree as one of the other lads who went in with you told me that's what he said.

I never heard that being said but as the meeting broke up Werner and Henry were speaking individually to the four of us who went in and it was obviously said to one of the others.

What Henry did say to us all though was what I mentioned above.

For the record, all those who did something to get Hicks and Gillett out were responsible for the supporter pressure. Not one group or individual. That formed an atmosphere within which the financial pressures became the dominant and more relevant reason they lost the Club.

Back on Purslow, it was funny to see him as we left that meeting in the reception area full of fake bonhomie.

It was an email sent to supporters by Roger Lowry of RBS: -

Thank you for your email expressing concern about RBS' banking arrangements with Liverpool FC and its current owners. We are aware of the strength of feeling of a number of fans on this matter and have corresponded with many during the course of the past year or so.

Perhaps I can start by putting RBS' relationship with Liverpool FC in context. RBS is the main banker to the Club including all of its operating accounts, cash management, online banking, automated payments, and credit card processing to facilitate ticket sales and retail merchandising. We also provide a credit facility to support the Club's working capital requirements and a letter of credit facility to facilitate the purchase of players from non-Premiership Clubs, along with a loan facility for design, planning and other preparatory work for the proposed new stadium at Stanley Park. We have set out to establish a long term relationship with the Club, and we look forward to this continuing for many years to come.

We also lent money to the Club's parent, Kop Football Limited, so that it could repay debt which was on the balance sheet of the Club at the time of its acquisition by George Gillett and Tom Hicks. This is the only portion of Kop Football's bank debt for which the Club is legally responsible. We took great care when making our original loan in early 2007 and when refinancing it last January to distinguish between obligations of the Club, primarily those outlined above, and obligations of its parent company, the latter being secured by personal guarantees and collateral from the owners and a pledge of the shares they own in the Club.

As a result the Club does not suffer the burden of debt implied by a lot of the recent press reports and, in our view and that of the executive management of the Club, it is financially healthy and able to service comfortably its debt obligations from cash flow generated by its playing and commercial activities. It is in our commercial interest to support the Club in the manner described above so that it can continue to perform successfully on and off the pitch.

As far as the Government is concerned, they have been very clear that they do not wish to exercise day to day control over RBS or make commercial decisions for us. Indeed they set up an independent body, UKFI, to oversee the Government's shareholding in RBS, so matters such as strategy and governance can be agreed, while they leave commercially related matters to us.

RBS attaches a great deal of value to being associated with Liverpool FC. I hope my comments reassure you as to the strength and depth of our relationship with the Club and that we will endeavor to contribute to its long term health and success.

Kind Regards,

Roger Lowry, Head of Group Public Affairs, Royal Bank of Scotland Group

Funny how Roger and his Bank changed their tune when we finished outside the top 4th,but were prepared to rape and pillage the club in interest fees and chargers whilst we where getting 4th.

Christ on a bike, I made the colossal error of opening an FF thread for the first time in weeks and - surprise, surprise - it's shit.

Newsflash, everyone: Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Rafa Benitez, Christian Purslow, Martin Broughton and Roy Hodgson have all left the club. Kenny Dalglish, Damien Comolli and FSG are in charge. We broke our transfer record twice on the same day a matter of weeks ago, we've got arguably the best crop of young players to ever come through at once knocking on the door of the first team squad and we're unbeaten in eight games in all competitions with a good chance of a trophy at the end of the season.

We've spent the last twenty years looking backwards. It is finally time to look to the future. Fuck all the bullshit, rumour, innuendo, politics and point-scoring. Liverpool Football Club is on its way back. The King is back on his throne. Who fucking cares about the dark days any more?

(For anyone who is in any way in agreement with my implicit point that the Football Forum is shit, I'd just like to remind you all that for the princely sum of 50p a week there is a Members Forum that involves quite a lot of good debate about football. Go to the sticky thread at the top of the Football Forum page for more details.)

Shut up Hippy!

We've spent the last twenty years looking backwards. It is finally time to look to the future.

Amen.

Time to move on, time to focus on supporting the club as one. Time for a siege mentality against the media focus that we are a spent force.

As for Kop Faithul, it was an entity, it wasn't accountable, it was just people thrashing out ideas and acting upon them.

SOS was too democratic, if anything Kop Faithful cut past the red tape and just did what it wanted. That's nothing against SOS, but when I was in SOS you couldn't do what Kop Faithful did.

The guys behind Kop Faithful acted faster than Biscan wanting a treat, there was almost an instant reaction, it was a different weapon in the fight against the Americans.

I was fortunate enough to see how Kop Faithful went about things, there was nothing special about it, it was just shit hot reactions with plenty of quality writers with their fingers on the button. The people behind Kop Faithful played a blinder, as did the likes of Jay and Fran at SOS.

We where incredibly fortunate to have two groups of people with different means of geting the same goal.

If someone had told me at the end of the Away Derby that some club would pay £50 Million for Torres I would have literally shit my pants laughing.

If Purslow put that clause in there, it was fantastic business.

Not sure we'd have needed it if it wasn't for his role over-playing but that's another matter I suppose.

Not really a great selling point when the people who are typing shit in this thread are already a part of the members forum though is it. :whistle:

Everyone played their part. It is best just left at that. We got what we wanted and that should make us all happy.

A lot of people did a lot of hard work and put a lot of time and money into the whole effort, it worked and we have got our club back.

All we need to do is unite and get behind the club and leave the bad memory of those two cunts in the past.

The future is bright and let us enjoy it.

Same as when he said to you in your meeting "If it was not for alan and the email campaign" Hope you agree as one of the other lads who went in with you told me that's what he said.

What an awful conceited statement that was, you want to have a word with yourself mate. You hate Benitez who was one of the few managers that have won LFC the European Cup, but think your some kind of fucking saviour?

Why is this site so anti Benitez, go on RAOTL which probably has more liverpudlian based posters than here and there’s not the same vitriol. Fella won us a Euro Cup, undisputable, and not many have done that in our history, so why? You’ve got a well respected superstar fella on here ATK, saying how much he hates Benitez - give fucking reasons FFS!, and how much a saviour he and that cunt Bascombe are, WTF!

No wonder don’t bother coming on here that much with cunts like the aforementioned on here.

Not really a great selling point when the people who are typing shit in this thread are already a part of the members forum though is it. :whistle:

I wouldn't know about that as I only scanned through the shite on here. However, I do know that the MF is mostly just decent debate about football.

As I said, this shit is just old news now and I don't understand why it's still being agonised over as it has very little bearing on the present and none whatsoever on the future.