You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Manc derby and today's other football

Red Banjo

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Sturridge scored his third goal in three games today. Owen Coyle is a good man-manager and I think it is going to help Sturridge's confidence and development working with Coyle.

I know he was making a name for himself the year we beat Man City in the FA Youth Cup. Haven't seen enough of him to have a view on his finishing ability; but from what I saw of him in some Man City & Chelsea 1st team appearances, he seemed like he had good technique and bit of intelligence about him.

Guest davelfc
My mate who is a bitter blue almost broke down when he said "I think it's time we got rid of Moysey"

I loved every moment of it haha, Allardyce is available :P

I think they would be in a far worse situation if they didn't have moyes, so bring it on.

He should move on, should have moved on a season or two ago. He's not really treading water now he's sinking there. He is a good manager at a shit club.

I don't see them going down though, there's always a few more shit teams below them to save their necks.

Guest davelfc
At least he brought the shite some luck today! Bet a few bluenoses were not happy about him being on this afternoon

Fuck em, how many ex bitters and mancs do we have in the studio when we play? I think Carra has been very fair about them.

My blueshite mates are going mad. Not happy at all and by all accounts today doesn't surprise any of them. Any club interested in Moyes could do should really start making their moves now. I'd be very surprised if he's still in place next season, he looks totally fucked off. TV money, sponsorship, Rooney and Lescott sales, you do have to wonder where the fuck it has all gone when they cannot even afford a loan deal. Massively up shit creak them lot.

My blueshite mates are going mad. Not happy at all and by all accounts today doesn't surprise any of them. Any club interested in Moyes could do should really start making their moves now. I'd be very surprised if he's still in place next season, he looks totally fucked off. TV money, sponsorship, Rooney and Lescott sales, you do have to wonder where the fuck it has all gone when they cannot even afford a loan deal. Massively up shit creak them lot.

The accounts just released for the year ending May 2010 don't make good reading when compared to earlier accounts, because it shows a club needing to sell players just to survive. Of course, no Europe, reduced appearances on TV, and an inferior league placement are all going to make next years accounts even worse.

Guest davelfc

Unlike a lot of people on internet forums I'm not a body language expert, but he looked tired and pissed off in his interview (moyes) and about 10 years older. Like he's lost all fight.

In the league they have Sunderland (h) Newcastle (a) Birmingham (h) Fulham (h) Villa (h) Wolves (a)

Hardly a mountain to climb, I'd expect them top half of the table or there abouts after them.

Compared to what we have West Ham (a) mancs (h) Sunderland (a) WBA (a) City (h) Arsenal (a)

i have just seen Rooneys goal. I had heard all about it before and expected to be dazzled. It was a good goal but not that amazing. The derby thing and it being the winner made it important, but it wasnt that fucking special.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I've seen loads of goals like that. As for the best he's ever scored? Balls. Just typical United PR shite. His screamer against Newcastle was well better for examplejust off the top of my head.

Anyone seen ex City player Mike Summerbee's rant with his fellow Sky panelists yesterday, after he felt City weren't getting enough credit for their performance. The Utd "love-in" aside, this man is one of the most bitter and deluded ex pros there is. I gather, in his day, he was a decent player. Many years ago he was on Sky's Footballers Football Show, and claimed, very bitterly and categorically, that John Barnes wasn't a very good player! Ray Wilkins, who was also on the show, shook his head in annoyance and corrected him sharpish.

Here is a clip of it; not a great video, but you can watch and listen fine (I don't knw how to post Ytube vids directly).

Quite funny!:

YouTube - Mike Summerbee bitter blue. Showing his bitterness. Man United vs Man City on Sky

Unlike a lot of people on internet forums I'm not a body language expert, but he looked tired and pissed off in his interview (moyes) and about 10 years older. Like he's lost all fight.

I don't agree with him when he bangs on about having no money etc when you look at some of his buys but having decent league finishes in the last few years and being in the uefa cup they should have had more money to spend than they have.

Something not quite right over there it seems.

i have just seen Rooneys goal. I had heard all about it before and expected to be dazzled. It was a good goal but not that amazing. The derby thing and it being the winner made it important, but it wasnt that fucking special.

The pace, passing and moving for Arsenal's second is arguably better than Rooneys, in all honesty.

Superb strike but it was either going in or missing by a fuckin' mile.

Summerbee came off like a proper div but the sad fact that will be overlooked because of the way he raised it is that Man City are a growing force and United will indeed be looking over their shoulders, but not this season.

If United lose, they spend hours talking about how they could/should have won and if they win then it's all about how great they were regardless of the actual game and events that occured in it.

If Redknapp thought Silva was the best player on the park, why did it take him so long to say anything?

I believe Summerbee is right that City will one day not too far off spank United, the question mark however lies in whether they can create that formula that leads to league titles and european cups, until that time what does it really matter if United get smashed once or twice in the future?

United look like they're gonna win 19, sad but true, I've resigned myself to it to be honest because the challengers are shite and all due respect to United, they know how to get it done.

City at the moment remind me of an F1 team who think if they keep spending and spending then they'll get it right somehow regardless of who is in the driving seat and which parts they add to the car. Doesn't work like that and as far as they've come they still have a long way to go.

The pace, passing and moving for Arsenal's second is arguably better than Rooneys, in all honesty.

Superb strike but it was either going in or missing by a fuckin' mile.

I doubt you will see a better goal in the prem than Van Der Vaart/Spurs team goal v Villa.

I knew that was going to win goal of the month and it will take something special to beat it to goal of the season, nothing comes close for me so far.