You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

LFC reject Torres transfer request - Liverpool FC

Liverpool FC have confirmed that Fernando Torres has on Friday evening submitted a transfer request. The request has been rejected.

The Club said in a statement: "Fernando Torres tonight submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool.

"Fernando is under long-term contract and the Club expect him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool FC and its supporters when he signed the agreement."

Well it's gone way too far now. So obviously if there's no denial tomorrow then that's that. What makes this particularly strange to me, if true, is that he clearly had a complete change of personality when Dalglish came in. He looked in a great mood and played like he was well up for it. If he'd had his heart set on going there's no way that would have happened to the extent it did. Very, very strange. The only possible theory i have at the moment is that he was really hoping we'd have an amazing transfer window or something and maybe in his mind he hadn't ruled out champions league qualification if we had signed the right players.

Why would there be a denial? the club have confirmed he put in a transfer request

LFC reject Torres transfer request - Liverpool FC

dont like to moan but wish the club hadnt announced it, just gives the bastard media more ammunition

dont like the thought of him going at all however if we could get 50mil and get decent players in say

a 20million striker (as well as Suarez)

a 15 million winger

10million centre back

5 million left back

hard to say we wouldnt be stronger provided we bought the right players having said that there is only a couple of days left and this post does sound very football manager!

My faith in commitment of players has just been taken away..

With Torres, and I went to type Nando then but I couldnt, you always had the impression he would never even consider doing this to us, not like this.

Something fucking stinks.

It'd be just like our club to agree to sell him to Chelsea as well.

I hope we do, fuck him - if he wants to go there let him. Never want him to play for Liverpool again. The cunts deserve each other

THis episode has Turdslow's shitty fingerprints all over it.

Nando worked out NESV were lying and had no intention of a net spend in the window- despite him knowing loads of top players were available at fair prices.

To pressure them to rebuild the Club, he said "play fair or Ive gotta consider my position".

They jump in and think "great we'll paint him as the bad guy, pocket the cash, and up our ridiculous 12m bid for Suarez"

NESV are playing some of you for bitches. Wake up and see that they're robbing you.

Same agenda, same lies, same advisors - Turdslow and Inner Circle Sports.

My faith in commitment of players has just been taken away..

With Torres, and I went to type Nando then but I couldnt, you always had the impression he would never even consider doing this to us, not like this.

Something fucking stinks.

It'd be just like our club to agree to sell him to Chelsea as well.

Did that earlier. Very pissed off but will hold off on the invective for now. Going to sleep - hope we can convince (40K/week pay rise probably) him to stay until the end of the season.