You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA press conference with Hodgson cancelled?

redsoxs

They have appointed Werner as the chairman. They have appointed Camolli. They are also talking to Kenny and are looking at transfer targets. They are interviewing candidates for the CEO position. All in less than 3 months. Personally, I would call that a decent progress.

I agree, its only Hodgson fucking up thats getting people all panicky about appointing a CEO.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In general, if you plan to spend a couple of hundred million on something, you have an idea regarding what to expect. If it is a company, you will have in mind the structure for it, if you don't, you're approaching the transaction from a more speculative perspective.

They have changed the structure by bringing in a DOF, so I assume that a they had in mind a structure when buying the club, which is encouraging. However, that means they consider the CEO a less urgent appointment, probably because they still have Purslow around for general advice (the football side is probably mainly with Comolli now).

I doubt that they could have gone on without even an acting CEO this long had Purslow decided to bugger off.

Of course. Having an idea on what to expect is different from implementing that idea though. Henry himself said they are going to spend lot of time talking and learning about the football club.

I could easily list various criteria that a CEO of LFC should have, in 5 mins. But then its because I've followed the club for so long that I know what I need (from a fan's perspective). They wouldn't have known that in October when they bought the club. And its not just the fans side they need to worry about, they need to worry about the business side of things as well.

Underestimated? possibly. They probably thought Roy would get us ticking along this season.

I was angry when Henry said he "hoped" to have a decision on the ground within the next 2 years. And since then, I've realised that these things take time and if it ends up being good for the club, so be it.

They have appointed Werner as the chairman. They have appointed Camolli. They are also talking to Kenny and are looking at transfer targets. They are interviewing candidates for the CEO position. All in less than 3 months. Personally, I would call that a decent progress.

This.

As I see it our terrible season has set the takeover in somewhat of a wrong perspective. Things are moving, we all know that, the owners are working on all of the matters that needs sorting... but they are taking their time, as they should!.

For me it`s like the old saying goes, "time flys when you are having fun."

What`s happning now is the straight opposite. We are not having fun, at all!

And everything seems to be moving way slower then they should when in fact things might be right on course.

I am trying not to be judgemental so early into their tenure, but really, they haven't made an impressive start.

I am obviously ecstatic they rescued us from the other pair of cunts, but they got us at a good price and if they manage us and invest in us correctly they have done themselves a favour just as much as they have done us one.

Actions speak louder than words and I appreciate they were probably hoping for Hodgson to plod along until the end of the season but the circumstances have changed and they haven't adapted to them. After the Blackpool, Everton and Northampton results they should, at the least, have had a plan ready in case things have got worse and it seems they haven't done so.

The decision not to get rid of him, if not after the Wolves game then definitely after the Blackburn game is going to cost them a lot of good will in my opinion. If he is in charge for the scum game it feels like they are writing it off and for a club like Liverpool that simply is not good enough.

I'm also not happy with the silence from them, I agree the way it was under the last owners was pretty much as wrong as it could be.

But the problem then, imo, is if there was a problem you had Purslow telling his side to his press contacts, Rafa doing the same and Hicks as well. All pushing their own agenda whether they were right or wrong.

It is not like that now. The reason we are getting all different stories from the press is no one has got a clue what is going on. No leaks. Good news of course. But bearing in mind there are no leaks I think an official statement from them trying to put the fans at ease would go a long way. And I know people are going to say Kenny isn't back until Monday ( if he is even getting appointed ) but was that the case after the Wolves game which is when they should have done something?

The way the current situation stands, and especially if Roy is in charge for the Scum game, they are doing themselves, the fans and even Roy a diservice. This is their first crisis and they haven't impressed.

Saying all that hopefully he will be gone soon, we'll get a few new signings in and we can kick on and see what they are made of.

I've got it. The new CEO has waited a year and paid over 5,000 pounds for his seat on the UAE cruise where our soon-to-be manager, King Kenny, is giving the keynote speech. Therefore nothing can be done until they are both back on Monday.

I can’t believe people are getting all hot under the collar because NESV haven’t given Roy the boot yet. His days are numbered, he knows it, we know it and so do the owners.

We have been screaming out for stable, credible owners who keep our dealings in house and decisions made in a calculated manner for the long term future of the club.

Our next managerial appointment is arguably the MOST important in our HISTORY. The old cunt can stick around for a few more weeks if it means securing the right man for the job.

I can’t believe people are getting all hot under the collar because NESV haven’t given Roy the boot yet. His days are numbered, he knows it, we know it and so do the owners.

We have been screaming out for stable, credible owners who keep our dealings in house and decisions made in a calculated manner for the long term future of the club.

Our next managerial appointment is arguably the MOST important in our HISTORY. The old cunt can stick around for a few more weeks if it means securing the right man for the job.

That's my take on it.

This is where I am: FSG have done nothing since acquiring the club to persuade me that they're going to be good owners. Not one thing. That in buying the club they rid us of H&G does not in itself make them worthy owners of Liverpool Football Club.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no justification for FSG retaining Roy Hodgson as manager for as long as they have. Those of us with any football intelligence, and an appreciation of his CV, knew from the minute he was appointed that he would be a complete disaster. FSG should have been working from the second the deal was completed on a plan to replace Hodgson, either with a caretaker until the season's end, or (less likely) a permanent appointment. He should have been sacked weeks ago. That they haven't sacked him leaves me very concerned.

However, I will reserve judgement for a while yet. The next few days is very important for the medium-term future of our club.

Guest TK-421
Watching LFC Now Interactive, Aldo, Fairclough and John Thompson haven't exactly towed the party line. Very scathing of Wednesday night and the management in general.

That's very odd. Only the other day Aldo said he wanted Roy here for the next five years.

These people are arguing the case for Roy Hogdson the decent chap, not Roy Hogdson the manager.

Roy was appointed precisely because he would be a "Yes man" for the owners. Hes condescendent and likes pleasing people, and as such has a lot of friends in football who will defend him merely because they like him.

These people are arguing the case for Roy Hogdson the decent chap, not Roy Hogdson the manager.

Roy was appointed precisely because he would be a "Yes man" for the owners. Hes condescendent and likes pleasing people, and as such has a lot of friends in football who will defend him merely because they like him.

If you are talking about this forum, there isn't one person on here who is arguing the case for Roy Hodgson. The only argument that is going on is on why he hasn't got the sack yet.

If you are talking about Keegan et al, they can fuck off.

Yeah, the cunts haven't said anything yet since they bought the club. No word about snoogy doogy. Nowt about the spade yet. And still no word about making us the best club in 2 years time.

Of course, you're right. The fact that they do better than H&G in a three-sentence "compare and contrast" means we should all rejoice at their ownership.

Idiotic.

If everyone knows he's goin to be fired then what is the point in keeping him. I know goin into sundays game with no manager is not ideal, but sammy surely could do the job just this once, if needs be and by christ yes it needs be (OFC gone and not sammy as manager). Then appoint the king or whoever it is they've lined up.

Of course, you're right. The fact that they do better than H&G in a three-sentence "compare and contrast" means we should all rejoice at their ownership.

Idiotic.

The fact that you have not been kept in the know of what they might have done doesnt means they have done nothing at all.

The only visible thing for fans that they could have done is signing a player. And they cant because it doesnt make sense to spend money to sign a new player when they are considering sacking the manager, precisely because the fans are demanding it in full voice.

Be patient, mate. They havent been in charge for even 3 full months.

Idiotic.

Equally idiotic is to suggest they haven't done ANYTHING to suggest they will be good owners. What did you expect? Spend £50m on players in a non-existent transfer window? Or buy a flat pack stadium from Ikea and put it in Stanley Park?

Oh, and sacking Hodgson the minute they took over would have been very very very idiotic as well. Especially considering their admission of knowing nothing about the game when they took over!

Or would you prefer the owners to not say much and do things quietly in the background? You know, the sort of "Liverpool way" we talk and brag about all the time?

I know which one I prefer.

I'm not rejoicing or saying John Henry is the best owner ever. Far from it. I prefer to see what they do and how they do it.

The fact that you have not been kept in the know of what they might have done doesnt means they have done nothing at all.

The only visible thing for fans that they could have done is signing a player. And they cant because it doesnt make sense to spend money to sign a new player when they are considering sacking the manager, precisely because the fans are demanding it in full voice.

Be patient, mate. They havent been in charge for even 3 full months.

I don't expect to be kept in the know.

I don't care about signing any new players in the January transfer window.

I'm not demanding anything.

In my opinion, Roy should have long since been sacked. That they haven't sacked him gives me serious cause for concern.

As I said, despite my concern, I will reserve judgement for a while yet.

(FWIW, three months is a long time in business.)