You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish

Guest LFD

Enough is enough, just sack Roy and let's get Dalglish in.

I know the owners are probably waiting to get the right man, but this can't go on any longer as we have become enough of a joke already. The young players aren't progressing under Hodgson, some world class players look different almost inept players and this is down to the cautious tactics.

His CV is poor, his away record is laughable, his comments are cringing and the fans are expecting poor perfomances regardless of who we play every game.

If we have any chance of keeping Torres, Reina etc we have to show we are progressing and that means we have five or six months to turn our performances around. Also do we want to see Hodgson buy more players after the Jones, Konchesky, Jovanovic and Poulsen disasters?

Get Dalglish in until the summer, get back to attacking teams, playing to our strengths, getting the team working harder, players back in form and then we might be able to achieve something out of this currently woeful season.

Dalglish can unite this club, which has currently lost its way.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough is enough, just sack Roy and let's get Dalglish in.

I know the owners are probably waiting to get the right man, but this can't go on any longer as we have become enough of a joke already. The young players aren't progressing under Hodgson, some world class players look different almost inept players and this is down to the cautious tactics.

His CV is poor, his away record is laughable, his comments are cringing and the fans are expecting poor perfomances regardless of who we play every game.

If we have any chance of keeping Torres, Reina etc we have to show we are progressing and that means we have five or six months to turn our performances around. Also do we want to see Hodgson buy more players after the Jones, Konchesky, Jovanovic and Poulsen disasters?

Get Dalglish in until the summer, get back to attacking teams, playing to our strengths, getting the team working harder, players back in form and then we might be able to achieve something out of this currently woeful season.

Dalglish can unite this club, which has currently lost its way.

there's enough to blame roy for without blaming him for rafa's mistakes too.

there's enough to blame roy for without blaming him for rafa's mistakes too.

Well surely Roy approved that signing? He could have said - "No, I don't want him".

Roy is like a dementor in Harry Potter and has sucked the life out of our club.

I wonder if Cavelleri(sp) got as much stick as our current reserve goalkeeper, it really is unbelievable the shit jones gets given he's a reserve keeper who's played 2 games

Not criticising him as a player.

Criticising spending that amount of money on a reserve keeper, when we had similar players here that could have done the job.

Cavelleri got similar stick, as we spent on him, when people thought he wasn't needed.

Well surely Roy approved that signing? He could have said - "No, I don't want him".

Roy is like a dementor in Harry Potter and has sucked the life out of our club.

no he couldn't. roy is such an easy target, you don't need to blame him for other peoples mistakes. he gets nearly nothing right, just blame him for all those things.

no he couldn't. roy is such an easy target, you don't need to blame him for other peoples mistakes. he gets nearly nothing right, just blame him for all those things.

Well my understanding was he could, as Jovanovic was agreed after Roy came and Jovanovic was hinting about going elsewhere when Rafa left.

If I'm wrong, then I won't blame Roy for his signing.

The more I think about getting Kenny in the more I think it would be a bad idea. He should have been made manager instead of Roy as he would have been perfect in the interim but it's too late now. NESV need to make a long term appointment at the end of the season and start rebuilding and I just don't think he's the man for that.

The more I think about getting Kenny in the more I think it would be a bad idea. He should have been made manager instead of Roy as he would have been perfect in the interim but it's too late now. NESV need to make a long term appointment at the end of the season and start rebuilding and I just don't think he's the man for that.

But if we wait until the end of the season under Roy, I see little chance of Torres staying, maybe even Reina.

But if we wait until the end of the season under Roy, I see little chance of Torres staying, maybe even Reina.

I want hodgson gone as well but no player is bigger than the club, if they want to go fine, the new manager who takes over can spend the money rebuilding the team in his mould, I'll take a few more lean years if it means were building a hungry talented team,Anyway on the road at 5am so goodnight

Whoever we appoint next needs to be a long term appointment and I just don't think Kenny is the right man for that. I doubt he'd have much of an influence on Reina or Torres either. Major investment in the squad is what they'll be looking for.

But let's say they want Deschamps, who impressed in the interviews last summer.

He probably won't leave until the summer. So do we just stick with Hodgson, even though he is the wrong man? Or do we give the job to Dalglish until the summer, in a caretaker role and try and salvage something from this season.

I'd go with the latter.

I tell you why I'd really like to see Dalglish - because he understands the clubs and fans.

He knows what we want. He knows the 'Liverpool Way' and I think we have lost that under the last three managers.

We haven't really attacked teams, played good passing football since Evans was at the club.

If we played that brand with Meireles, Gerrard, Torres etc - we won't go far wrong.

I understand what you're saying LFD and I agree with you 100%

Roy is a walking black hole that's sucking in every positively charged particle in his gravitational field. Kenny might or might not improve results but as a caretaker until May he'll give the club back a bit of class at the very least.

Dalglish's last team as manager was pretty shit, and the football that we saw was well dodgy. I love Kenny but if people think he would turn us around into an attacking machine with attractive pass and move football, I think they're allowing their heart to rule their head. See Dalglish's managerial career at Newcastle for an idea of where we'd be if he was managing us.