You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

Guest PurpleNose
Same here - I do not honestly feel threatened by relegation - I do see an 8th or 9th place with us playing this crap and Roy holding on by his fingernails as the worst possible thing for the club going forward.

We'll finish between 6th-10th. We have too many good players to finish any lower. I genuinely feel the strength of the league is appalling.

So keeping Hodgson just delays us progressing. Another year of playing shit football. Another year of winning nothing. Another written off season.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but at the same time the negativity goes completely over my head.

Friend, you are talking to a reformed Rafapologist. I believe there are a large number of thinking fans that can connect the dots and come to a conclusion of what happened during that time.

I also know that there are more than a few who understand the difference between negativity and reality. We are not good enough, so blowing smoke up our own arse accomplishes what exactly?

PB, is that because you genuinely feel we could be relegated?

Favouring short term (for now) over mid/long term I mean.

Up until last Sunday I genuinely thought that we were relegation fodder and in the scrap. The football we have produced this season is that of a relegation threatened team so at the moment I see it is a hand to mouth existence, we still aren't sure where the next proper meal is coming from so if 4 bags of crisps are all that on offer, then grab them and scoff them.

This manager is not the answer. He isn't the answer short, medium or long term. He is a serial no mark. His sides don't play much in the way of Football to my eyes. I don't want him here one day longer than necessary, but while he is putting points on the board and reducing the pressure on the next manager in the short term, then he can stay for a bit.

Ideally, like you, I want a new broom. A new manager with some footballing intent to go with new owners who seem to have some forward, long term vision for us. I suspect that they will assess things properly and then say to Roy, here is the pay off you are entitled to, thanks for what you have done, we are now moulding the club in our image.

While there is a threat of relegation, I'm not sure it is the right move to bring another new face in. I'm already tired of him, seeing his stupid face and hearing his stupid voice, but that is in part to do with me never wanting him here in the first place so clearly I'm biased. His brand of football is gash for the most part and I see few, if any, crumbs of comfort in his tenure so far.

Short term is all he has and until we get a few more points on the board, short term is what we as fans have aswell. Nobody can spend any money until January, so the time to take stock for me is probably around December 1st, if not a touch beforehand. Let somebody other than Roy look for players in the coming window, monitor the performances, the players body language and the league place and if there is still a whiff of relegation in the air, sack him then with your replacement already sounded out. Even though we are tripe and he is an irritating dullard, I see little point in sacking him right this minute, let him earn his corn and position us around mid table and away from the threat of relegation, if indeed he is capable of that, and create a better set of conditions for the new man.

Up until last Sunday I genuinely thought that we were relegation fodder and in the scrap. The football we have produced this season is that of a relegation threatened team so at the moment I see it is a hand to mouth existence, we still aren't sure where the next proper meal is coming from so if 4 bags of crisps are all that on offer, then grab them and scoff them.

This manager is not the answer. He isn't the answer short, medium or long term. He is a serial no mark. His sides don't play much in the way of Football to my eyes. I don't want him here one day longer than necessary, but while he is putting points on the board and reducing the pressure on the next manager in the short term, then he can stay for a bit.

Ideally, like you, I want a new broom. A new manager with some footballing intent to go with new owners who seem to have some forward, long term vision for us. I suspect that they will assess things properly and then say to Roy, here is the pay off you are entitled to, thanks for what you have done, we are now moulding the club in our image.

While there is a threat of relegation, I'm not sure it is the right move to bring another new face in. I'm already tired of him, seeing his stupid face and hearing his stupid voice, but that is in part to do with me never wanting him here in the first place so clearly I'm biased. His brand of football is gash for the most part and I see few, if any, crumbs of comfort in his tenure so far.

Short term is all he has and until we get a few more points on the board, short term is what we as fans have aswell. Nobody can spend any money until January, so the time to take stock for me is probably around December 1st, if not a touch beforehand. Let somebody other than Roy look for players in the coming window, monitor the performances, the players body language and the league place and if there is still a whiff of relegation in the air, sack him then with your replacement already sounded out. Even though we are tripe and he is an irritating dullard, I see little point in sacking him right this minute, let him earn his corn and position us around mid table and away from the threat of relegation, if indeed he is capable of that, and create a better set of conditions for the new man.

Spot on, Rob.

Very good post.

Guest PurpleNose

Decent post, PB, largely agree.

I think my only reason for urgency is that I really want Pellegrini. He'd be perfect for the next two or three seasons. Instilling a philosophy within the club.

I fear he'll be offered the Roma or Atletico job. Or whichever big job becomes available first in Italy or Spain. Because they don't fuck about in either of those countries. If the manager is being shit, he gets fucked off.

Bolton had only lost once before today apparently so this is a great result. Man United only just scraped a draw against them at the Reebok recently.

It is difficult to go to Bolton and play good football because of the percentage football that they play, the side dug in and we got what we deserved although we got lucky with a couple of penalty shouts.

People having a go at Roy for his away record are totally correct at how poor it is but our away record prior to Roy arriving was shocking over the past 12 months or so so it isn't a problem which he can totally be blamed for. Was it one away league win against relegated Burnley before today in 2010?

The side has major flaws, most notably a chronic lack of pace but until January there isn't really a lot we can do about that. If we can just keep digging in there and getting results and be in the mix for 4th come January. We are only five points off there now and City are very vulnerable right now as well so hopefully we can kick on with a couple of quality additions.

Roy isn't getting sacked any time soon I wouldn't have thought and he hasn't had the level playing field available to him what his last two predecessors had when they took over. He hasn't helped himself with the team giving some shocking performances at times this season but I hope he is given time to try and turn it around. We have some interesting games coming up v Chelsea, Stoke and West Ham. All difficult games but all winnable as well. If we are in touch with the European places after that then that would be something to build on.

If the manager is not the answer (short term or long term)then the only reason for not making a move immediately is that the replacement candidates available will be better at a later time. Otherwise we are just burning time off the current teams life. TBH I do not care if where we finish if it is outside of Europe, no difference between 9th and 16th.

N'Gog was very good when he came on. He kept the ball very well, he should teach Torres.

I thought the only difference in us winning 1-0 and 3-0 was Torres. He broke down nearly all our attacks, he offered very little. Our team is crying out for some pace on the wings, I know it has been said a thousand times before but it's so true. We'll just have to make use of what we have in Cole & Maxi to January I suppose. There is again that option of using Johnson more forward. But I can see the method of play Roy is trying to implement, it's just with the players we have we're struggling to use it. I know we're not playing wow football but when the pass is on, we do try to keep the ball on the ground. In time, maybe with a signing or two, Roy actually might get us playing some half decent stuff - as I believe that's what he wants to do.

I know majority of use will disagree...

martin fuckwit atkinson must be the most incompetent referee in the league.

kevin fucking davies is the biggest cheating diving cunt I've ever had the misfortune to see playing football.bolton wanderers are the most awful fucking 'football' team I've seen in a long time.

A great result dug out by the boys today. Even united only drew there this season.

Is this the first game you've seen? Good win, didn't play that well but the ref didn't help. With players like maxi and cole out wide its important to have good attacking full backs for the system to work. Think the side will be far better balanced with johnson and aurelio/whoever the new manager buys in january. Its also quite staggering how good the signing of poulsen is making lucas look.

Bang on the money.

Paddy, great fucking post my son. I'll go with December the 1st as a cut off point.

John, that wasn't a great result, it was a lucky one, not a great result. Beating Bolton is not a great result, them beating us is (not under Roy admittedly). Saying that though, as I said last week three points is three points.

We were fucking shite today bar Pepe, Nick The Greek and Lucas.

Gerrard, Torres and Carragher all need to have a word, they stunk big time.