You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro Qualifying - Tuesday

Dracco

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

That tackle by knobhead Cole just then, how did that differ from the tackle by Joke Hole against Arsenal? Except of course knobhead Cole only got a yellow.

Craig was always a poor choice.

Even George Burley is better than him.

Got to disagree with you there. I advocated the appointment of Levein when Burley left. The problem we have, is not who's in charge of the national team, but the SFA and their apparent lack of direction of the youth game up the road.

Given the players at our disposal, we're never going to threaten to reach a qualification play off, but I did hope that Levein would have blooded some younger players, rather than fall back on the old guard like Davey Weir.

Guest davelfc
Shocking that. Someone at Uefa needs to have a word with the Swiss; it was a mobile phone.

Can I just get the

Was it on 'pay as you throw?'

in before someone else.

I don't think the Swiss have even got into first gear in this game. In fact I would say they've been stuck in neutral.

And now I've abused that little pun, I'll say that that was a fine goal by Adam Johnson, and a worldy by Sheqiri.

EDIT: And now a good finish from Bent.

Norway-Portugal 1-0 FT.

Nice start to the qualifiers from us wih 6 points afte two games, 5 points ahead of Portugal already with only 6 games left for both teams.

A shame Denmark got their winner in extra time against Iceland though, could have been a dream start for us otherwise.

Got to disagree with you there. I advocated the appointment of Levein when Burley left. The problem we have, is not who's in charge of the national team, but the SFA and their apparent lack of direction of the youth game up the road.

Given the players at our disposal, we're never going to threaten to reach a qualification play off, but I did hope that Levein would have blooded some younger players, rather than fall back on the old guard like Davey Weir.

I just don't understand why he hasn't called up Maloney or Kris Commons, surely they are better than McCulloch, Scott Brown. What do those 2 actually add to the team?

I just don't see how he will improve on Burley's results, he's much more of a defensive manager who thrives on being the underdog, IMO his style was always going to suffer when it was Scotland who had to go out and attack.

Reina having a bit of a howler.

Aidan McGeady is a terrible footballer. Never rated the lad. No end product and no clue what to do with the ball.

Ireland are shite too. Real tough test for them next month though.

That may be so, but he's a damned sight better than anyone else we, Scotland, have available in wide areas.