You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Doom And Gloom

bobhorse

I have just about had enough of all the Doom and Gloom merchants out there To many people are guilty of believing all the shite in the Press, regarding this famous clubs plight

Lets just take stock for a min and look at the facts all the players we require to stay are tied to contracts and if any of them do go they will go for full market value or above so there isnt a problem there

We dont have Rafa's successor in place at the moment but we have only just started the process to replace him and we are weeks away from the start of the season

t

The Transfer window doesnt open till 1st July so we cant sign players till then regardles of what the press says

The Bookies have installed Liverpool as the Team from the Prem who will score the most goals in the World Cup (Maybe that is because we are packed full of shit players)

We have the Dutch stiker the Spanish Striker The England and Argentina Captains plus a good number of others at the World Cup

The reason for last seasons slump was mainly down to infighting at the club be that the playing staff, or manager v owners etc

A new manager will bring oil to troubled waters a couple off additions and some luck with injuries and this team will be on fire once more

There are reasons why factions want to portray the club in turmoil to suit there own ends but look at the Facts

The club is up for sale and will soon have a new manager everything in the garden is far from rosey but likewise it isnt as black as its painted even if we failed to sign another player we have the tallent here at the club to win things and it might just need the right man to be appointed manager to bring it out of the players

Even Rafas strongest supporters will admit at times he was way to cautious with his style of play and squad selection and games that could have been won were drawn and games that could have been drawn were lost

A different manager with a different approach might be the answer enough fans wanted the change to try to see if that was the case under a new man well they now have there wish and we will all know if that was a correct view that they held or if it was a case of you dont know what you'ev lost till its gone

Either way please for the love of god stop tourturing yourselves with all this doom and gloom to every bullshit tail in the red tops

This is LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB we have been through darker times than this and come out stronger and we will so again

YNWA

Guest Pistonbroke
What you expect, we`re losin Stevie, Nando, Mash, kuyt, Insua, Yossi, Babel,Riera and we got no manager nor money to find replacements. We're doomed.

You know this how ? Oh i, newspaper and forum gossip!!

This is LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB we have been through darker times than this and come out stronger and we will so again

YNWA

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment mate, the club got through darker times due to everyone pulling together. At the moment you have people briefing the press against others, a fanbase that seems to be still bickering over the last manager and who are quite happy to slate the players we do have.

We are hardly a united force at the moment.

Guest Pistonbroke
Its not gossip, its fact. Its been in The Mirror amongst other papers as well as the internet. Get your head out the sand.

Jesus, you just answered me with what i said.

Don't be so daft , how is it fact when they are still here ? So the Mirror runs a storyline on pure speculation, it's on forums and it's the given Word all of a sudden. I ain't got my head in the sand, i do know things aren't great at the moment. But i'm not going to slit my wrists and cry Armageddon because of a piece written in a tabloid or a forum.

I genuinely think that if we can avoid more than one of the galacticos going ( preferably Masch if any ) , get a decent manager in , have a better pre-season than last season & concentrate on the Prem & FA Cup, we could have a much better season than is being anticipated.

p.s. Any tips for Aintree tomorrow night, Bob.

I think the most obvious departure is Mascherano; although I am yet to see a direct quote from the player stating that he wishes to leave. There are, however several indications that what didn't come to fruition last year may well do so this, i.e. Mascherano leaves for the European Champions.

As a club-fan base included-we are a divided entity at present. And this is perhaps the most doom-laden aspect. The foundations of this club are built on solidarity. We speak of boycotting matches, but in all honesty the call to boycott matches may merely serve to highlight to all and sundry just how divided we-the fan base-are.

The romantic in me sees the return of the king offering us a means to become a single entity once again. In an ideal world this would be the most wonderful of scenarios. Unfortunately little about this club is ideal at the moment. But all of this aside, we are Liverpool, we shall prevail eventually--somehow, and irrespective of what may be written in the press this club will not be allowed to go to the wall. We will soon rise again. And when we do rise we shall do so with an air of smugness, because we will have defied media logic and expectation.

I think. :dunno:

The following would help us do better than last season:

1. If Gerrard could stay out of court during the pre-season training camp and thereby not unsettle to club by hogging the press with weeks of negative news. (After all his mates have managed to bundle him out the back door of other pubs and clubs before the cops arrived on previous occasions).

2. If Gerrard could show up fully-fit at the start of the season, and focused on LFC, rather than Ingerland and if he could stop sulking throughout the season.

3. If we can cutback on the money-making poorly organized trips to Asia which interrupted the pre-season and robbed Torres and other Spanish players of time to recuperate from the European Cup.

4. If we could avoid any more Alonso-style soap operas where a player sets up a lucrative transfer for himself to Real Madrid before the previous season ends and then spends the summer trying to get a cheap price for Real Madrid while at the same time manipulating the media and the fans into believing that it was the manager's fault.

5. If Carragher doesn't give away too many own goals, and make too many defensive errors in the five or six weeks he seems to need before he gets in the groove.

6. If Torres comes back fit, energetic and focused on LFC rather than Spain.

7 If we have a new first choice left back who can stay fit for more than three games in a row.

8 If our first choice right back etc etc etc

9. If Mascherano is focused from the beginning of the season on LFC and not on Argentina or Barcelona.

10 If we reduce our injuries down to what is the norm for the Premiere League.

11. If all the squad players who think they should be first choices stop whinging to the press when the manager does not pick them.

12. If beach balls are banned from home games.