You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

I will never be one of those people who thinks we need to stomp on people's freedoms because a minority of people abuse those freedoms.

What is this? It's a fucking strawman in itself. I never mentioned anything to do with freedoms of people. There's no wonder you wind people up so much. Why not just admit that the fucking "Liberals" under Clegg, have failed? Seriously, the guy is a fucking fraudster.

That's fine, you're not exactly proving any expertise here either though to be honest. Clegg, if he was a true democrat, would defer his "decisions" to the people, because that's what democracy actually fucking is. Direct democracy is the only true way, anything other is just fucking bullshit, no matter what party it's under.

Our system of "government" is a massive, fucking filthy fraud. And it's not democracy at all. It's an utter fucking disgrace.

The "Lib Dems in government" are a fucking fraudulent joke.

Oh no, not the "the only moral thing to do is abstain from an imperfect democratic process" argument again. I thought this one went out with the Ark.

I'll leave you with one of my favourite Clegg quotes, from 2011.

I need to say this – you shouldn't trust any government, actually including this one. You should not trust government – full stop. The natural inclination of government is to hoard power and information; to accrue power to itself in the name of the public good.

• Upvote 1

I need to say this – you shouldn't trust any government, actually including this one. You should not trust government – full stop. The natural inclination of government is to hoard power and information; to accrue power to itself in the name of the public good.

So he should have fucking acted according to those principles then. We all know what words do : fuck all, unless they're backed up. Obama could be a saint by now, but he didn't back his words up, same for Clegg.

Clegg, if he cared as much as that quote suggests, should be an absolute pariah towards the conservatives, and he clearly isn't. He's a lapdog! He's corrupt, if he wasn't he'd have caused chaos long before now. He'd be a pariah, simple as. And he isn't.

His quote is right, but he's not acted on it, because he's not the right person to lead the party that he leads.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Because our interactions on this site began on December 28th 2014 didn't they.

Oh wait, they didn't.

So what was that comment in response to. I dont remember being insulting to you in a very long time. You're acting like a school kid.

I wish you'd assess how you're acting on here. You're throwing insults like 'fascist' around and then talking about facts when talking about your own assertions. It really is poor stuff. You seem to think the more you build yourself up, the more people will take you seriously. You're being judged on the content of your posts, and that content is really a but weak at the moment. You're not mailking cogent arguments in the way you used to. You're just barking out little catchphrases and then calling them facts. Why not do your part and engage in an argument about the issue at hand? The rest is bluster. At best you're allowing yourself to be dragged down to the level of us clowns, at worst you're looking like a right wing version of Dennis Tooth.

What is this? It's a fucking strawman in itself. I never mentioned anything to do with freedoms of people. There's no wonder you wind people up so much. Why not just admit that the fucking "Liberals" under Clegg, have failed? Seriously, the guy is a fucking fraudster.

You seem to want government to act to prevent or curtail all manner of financial activity. On what bizarro planet does stopping people from doing things not constitute a diminution of their freedoms?

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You seem to want government to act to prevent or curtail all manner of financial activity. On what bizarro planet does stopping people from doing things not constitute a diminution of their freedoms?

So, you're against the restrictions on murder? You're for guns? You're agsisnt regulations of the free market? Of course, you've explained why you're not any of those things with a solid argument about the market not being free without regulations and no doubt you'd argue that murder might impinge on another's liberty. The issue is, you've ignored your own argument to score a cheap point. Or try, anyway.

So what was that comment in response to. I dont remember being insulting to you in a very long time. You're acting like a school kid.

I wish you'd assess how you're acting on here. You're throwing insults like 'fascist' around and then talking about facts when talking about your own assertions. It really is poor stuff. You seem to think the more you build yourself up, the more people will take you seriously. You're being judged on the content of your posts, and that content is really a but weak at the moment. You're not mailking cogent arguments in the way you used to. You're just barking out little catchphrases and then calling them facts. Why not do your part and engage in an argument about the issue at hand? The rest is bluster. At best you're allowing yourself to be dragged down to the level of us clowns, at worst you're looking like a right wing version of Dennis Tooth.

No, that doesn't wash at all. I have written the most eloquent defences of the Lib Dem role in this government, and still got negged for it. I am being negged for my opinions, not for the manner of their expression. Even writing two sodding words is getting me negged. So if I'm going to be negged anyway, I might as well call a cunt a cunt. That's the problem with liberals. Too fucking nice. Nice guys finish last.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, you're against the restrictions on murder? You're for guns? You're agsisnt regulations of the free market? Of course, you've explained why you're not any of those things with a solid argument about the market not being free without regulations and no doubt you'd argue that murder might impinge on another's liberty. The issue is, you've ignored your own argument to score a cheap point. Or try, anyway.

There is regulation, and then there is essentially shutting down an entire industry, as Red Phoenix seems to want.

• Upvote 1

No, I think that a direct democracy government would sort this shit out very quickly, and that's what we need. It's not about stopping what you think of as "freedom" in this situation, it's about stopping corruption. If you don't think that a majority vote on our current economy would stop this shit very quickly then you need to have a good think about what the people of this country would actually vote on and change if they had the power to.

Direct democracy decisions on our economy (as in the people of this country deciding), does not constitute a "diminution of freedoms."

No, I think that a direct democracy government would sort this shit out very quickly, and that's what we need. It's not about stopping what you think of as "freedom" in this situation, it's about stopping corruption. If you don't think that a majority vote on our current economy would stop this shit very quickly then you need to have a good think about what the people of this country would actually vote on and change if they had the power to.

They have a large degree of direct democracy in Switzerland. Would you consider them to be free of corruption, or whatever you think corruption is? If anything, their banking system is even more shadowy than ours. Of course, they also have some of the highest living standards in the world.

No, that doesn't wash at all. I have written the most eloquent defences of the Lib Dem role in this government, and still got negged for it. I am being negged for my opinions, not for the manner of their expression. Even writing two sodding words is getting me negged. So if I'm going to be negged anyway, I might as well call a cunt a cunt. That's the problem with liberals. Too fucking nice. Nice guys finish last.

You're going full Tory? Never go full Tory

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No humility, though. In this interaction and recently, you've not been nice and you've not been elegant. I honestly think you've turned into somebody spikey but willing to engage to somebody far too partizan, unwilling to give honest arguments, and somebody who just barks out a few let news of defensive assertion and makes statements about how superior he is.

You could make these political threads fucking great. You're a bit like a wounded animal with out the wounds. I'd like to propose a totally fresh start. At least between you and I. I hope, as a reasonable man, you'll accept.

Yip. It's the northern hordes that conquered the whole fuckin ' world. All that fire and ice. Makes a man tough.

They have a large degree of direct democracy in Switzerland. Would you consider them to be free of corruption, or whatever you think corruption is? If anything, their banking system is even more shadowy than ours. Of course, they also have some of the highest living standards in the world.

Nah I don't really care. That in itself is a kind of indirect (meaning I don't blame this on you.) strawman. As far as I know, and feel free to correct me, the Swiss have a lot better system in place, (they have "referendums" a lot more often) but it only means that they can vote, direct democracy style, more often than many other countries. What I mean by real democracy is nothing short of direct democracy, with not one fucking iota of anything else : when there's an issue, the whole country decides, and that is that.

Why don't we have it? Because our rulers are corrupt. This isn't a Clegg problem, granted. This isn't even a western world problem. It's a massive, worldwide, disgusting, fucking joke of an issue. The world would be changed by direct democracy, but it should not be seen as a fantasy, etc. Because if you say something like "yeah, in an ideal world", then you're admitting that we're living in a fascist world really. We don't have the people deciding things, we just have small groups of people "elected" that are subverting what democracy should be. It's so infuriating that I'm out of here.

No humility, though. In this interaction and recently, you've not been nice and you've not been elegant. I honestly think you've turned into somebody spikey but willing to engage to somebody far too partizan, unwilling to give honest arguments, and somebody who just barks out a few let news of defensive assertion and makes statements about how superior he is.

You could make these political threads fucking great. You're a bit like a wounded animal with out the wounds. I'd like to propose a totally fresh start. At least between you and I. I hope, as a reasonable man, you'll accept.

No wounds? I would have a score of about 2000 if I wasn't a liberal remorseless defender of liberty. Death by a thousand cuts, literally. You get out what you put in. Spiky in the sense I want to put heads on a fucking spike, yeah.

• Upvote 2

Nope, just pissed off at the thought of Masonry destroying things in the same way that cunts like the Conservative party do, etc. (by the way, don't think it'll be different if "Labour" get into power, Masonry is clearly "cross-party.") It's just that most people don't speak about Masonry. Because they're mainly hidden. I don't think it'll stay that way for long, and will maybe link back here at some point next year if and when things blow up. In fact I won't link back here, because I'm not out to prove an egotistical point.

Honestly though, you think I'm a nutter from those few posts? Just had a few ales, but I'd stand by most of those words when sober. Doesn't make me a nutter.

Actually : fair enough, I should've expanded the one post, was pretty drunk though! I'd hate to think you thought I was a nutter though just from that.

I wasn't being serious

That's right, call me a fantasist when it's you and yours claiming that everything is going down the shithole, in direct opposition to the facts.

It must really stick in your craw that people are living longer, more comfortable lives as a direct result of all those evil businessmen and women acting in their own naked self-interest.

Lap it up laughing boy.

I would reply but don't want to force you to trawl through my history negging me as you go again. That was wrong of me to force you to do that. You were right to demand an apology for me making you do that.

Not a mental fantasist. At all.

• Upvote 1

Youre not getting rid of the Masons RP. Its an old boys club, and you cant legislate against them, in any sense.

Doesn't matter, because they're not getting rid of us either. Maybe we should learn to tolerate eachother. They can kill and silence as many "dissenters" as they want, never going to get us all though, and some of us will still be around when their bullshit falls apart. Not as if we're going to feel guilty for simply existing during their reign of bullshit either.

Bigger things in this universe than that mob, as they'll eventually find out.