You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good player, never here anything about him apart from what's happening on the pitch, a rare commodity in present day football, fighting back from consistent injuries admirably, I really like him.

Ledley King arrested over alleged assault - Telegraph

i know he might not have done anything given nothing came of it but i do believe this incident involved him not getting in the club and giving it the whole "do you know who i am and how much i earn"

Ledley King arrested over alleged assault - Telegraph

i know he might not have done anything given nothing came of it but i do believe this incident involved him not getting in the club and giving it the whole "do you know who i am and how much i earn"

He just played against Everton, it was bound to happen.

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17

now i hate the old idiots argument of "he cant be any good if he has never played for a top club" but Ledley King is now 29 and approaching thirty, so is a similar age to the likes of Stevie and Mongo, and as i recall his injury problems didnt start until around 05-06 and he actually played every single game in the 04-05 season (probably be the same season where Stevie cemented his position in the worlds top players and the same could be said for Mongo) so if he is this brilliantly talented centre back some would have us believe why at the age of 24 before all the injury problems did no major clubs come in with a big offer that could tempt Spurs into selling, remembering that we are in an age where a player can have one half decent season in the championship and earn a £12million pound transfer to Arsenal at the age of 16 or Jack Rodwell one breakthrough season and one establishing himself in the first team and suddenly scum and Chelsea are linked with £20million moves

I think King is a good centre back, not in the same league as Carragher though.

As well as being a better player, Carragher is vastly more experienced than King and definitely deserves a place in the starting line up.

Alan Mullery ( yeah I know ) was on Sly sports the day of Ferdinands injury and said something like " Ledley is definitely the number one choice to partner Terry, he has got it all. If Capello doesn't fancy King though, then Upson is a great option to have and he has played with Terry a few times before. And then of course he could surprise us all by throwing Matthew Dawson straight in who has had a great season. So, there are the 3 options, King, Upson and Dawson in that order."

Didn't even mention Carragher, neither did Bryan Robson who was on after him.

Granted they are a pair of pricks, but the lack of respect Carragher gets is unreal. I mean, how the fuck can anyone rate Upson more than him?

This is hilarious. So it looks like Carragher is now first choice centre back alongside Terry?

hopefully, although as much as I love Carra he needs to do better than he did against USA, mind Algeria and Slovenia wont get the ball to their strikers if yesturdays game is anything to go by

If anything it is Carragher who is overated - not King.

King is rated by all fans, Carragher is rated far higher by Liverpool fans than other ones.

If anything it is Carragher who is overated - not King.

King is rated by all fans, Carragher is rated far higher by Liverpool fans than other ones.

That doesnt even make any sense, especially since Carragher has been ripped to bits for over a year now.

Then again, you rate SWP who once again proved his staggering ineptitude the other day.

Then again, you rate SWP who once again proved his staggering ineptitude the other day.

He was played out of position and I don't judge a player over on game.

Re: Carragher. I am not saying I don't rate him, I am saying other teams fans don't rate him half as highly as Liverpool fans do.

Guest PurpleNose
Probably because he is articulate and doesn't take any crap off the media.

I think its partly because he's scouse as well.

Whatever the reason, he does press conferences very well.

He was played out of position and I don't judge a player over on game.

Re: Carragher. I am not saying I don't rate him, I am saying other teams fans don't rate him half as highly as Liverpool fans do.

therefore it is Carragher who is underated then?

he isn't as good as he was but still better than King imo and was better than Ferdinand around the time of the last world cup but Ferdinand was selected on reputation, Ferdinand is now probably better i hate to say, Carra has got where he has through hard work and passion whilst King and Ferdinand are naturally more talented but Carra gets in ahead of King anyday for me, i think if Carra played for scum he would be very highly rated, its media conceptions and all that

Guest TK-421

Couldn't see the point in taking King to the World Cup. Players should need to prove their fitness over at least half a season, it was a joke. Waste of a squad place just like Owen in the last World Cup.

Couldn't see the point in taking King to the World Cup. Players should need to prove their fitness over at least half a season, it was a joke. Waste of a squad place just like Owen in the last World Cup.

But surely it is worth it even if he only plays one or two games later on in the competition.

You want your best players and King is better than Carragher, as the last match showed.

Guest TK-421
But surely it is worth it even if he only plays one or two games later on in the competition.

You want your best players and King is better than Carragher, as the last match showed.

I don't think it's worth it. Carragher is better because he's more likely to play 90 minutes.

It's a waste of a sub and disrupts the rhythm/shape of the team. Pick two centrebacks who are fit instead and let them build up some level of understanding.

That was one example.

Remember Hines raping him earlier this season against West Ham?!

I could go on...

I remember SWP having a dismal season yet you still apparently rate him. I also remember Ledley King getting ripped apart v Mexico. He was also shite at Anfield.

He was also shit in the first half v USA so im not quite sure why you're making out it was only Carra that was bad.