You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone see Aldridge on LFC.tv last night

Glen C

Guest Pistonbroke

Another point is how much do certain fans actually support the club. We know we have a very large fan base Worldwide. But i would think that an awful lot just jump on the " i also support a Premier league club " bandwagon. I've seen loads of posters who say they support Oxford etc etc yet also support Liverpool as their main club. wtf!! I dare say from the overseas supporters that average is a hell of a lot higher.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LFCTV seem to get an awful lot of Londoners calling in. It's a free country and all that but it still makes me wince. One last night, hilariously, couldn't think of who McAteer was, but wouldn't just shut up and move on. I thought he was going to say, 'Er, give me a clue - what's the first letter...?' To his credit Jason found it funny. Actually he was amazingly sensible throughout the show.

Ant, I was in Block 202 for the Atletico game and Rafas name was been sung loud and clear before and during the game. Of course a number weren't singing it, but more then most were, and this before kick off and before the team were on the pitch.

I was in the Paddock, and I heard it once.

and joined in

The poll I put on here (by far the most anti-Rafa site on the net) was 50/50 and YNWA was 85/15 in favour of keeping him

The internet fan base is absolutely tiny in comparison to the whole fanbase of the club.

I reckon it's about 50/50 at the moment but Aldo isn't far off with his rough estimate.

Even for snooker?

That being said, he actually shouts shoot for alot of things.

When Riise scored that goal I don't think I've seen him celebrate that much, and he won't watch Arsenal out of the fear of getting a heart attack.

It's genius watching the game with him 'WHY WON'T THEY JUST SHOOT'

'Because he's 40 Yards out Grandad'

Ant, I was in Block 202 for the Atletico game and Rafas name was been sung loud and clear before and during the game. Of course a number weren't singing it, but more then most were, and this before kick off and before the team were on the pitch.

202 is where all the raotl, the old "RTK" and rawk lads sit.

Say no more.

Not sure if it's a good idea to post this, but what the hell:

Well Red • Was John Aldridge right to go Nuts?

If that's true I'd be more disappointed in him not having the balls to stand by what he'd said, because I'd never have had him down for being like that. But, before anyone else says it, you'd usually give benefit of the doubt to Aldo over the editor of Nuts or the "stringer" they used.

I don't really know if he's just hugely frustrated and a bit irrational at the moment, like most of us, but he's been a bit, well, mercurial all season. When that interview came out I must admit it sounded to me like he'd been on the ale and then realised in the sober light of day that he'd probably talked himself out of hospitality for the foreseeable future, so we got that rather panicky protestation followed by frantic phone calls to Sammy et al. Then again, maybe he was genuinely stitched up by someone who was remarkably good at capturing his real opinions (and what's happened to the journalist since? Sacked?). I don't want to think of Aldo as a liar, but it was a strange episode that didn't make much sense whichever way you looked at it. Even last night, he started out very outspoken and then seemed to get a bit sleepy and started 'half-agreeing' with just about everything anyone said.

The internet fan base is absolutely tiny in comparison to the whole fanbase of the club.

I reckon it's about 50/50 at the moment but Aldo isn't far off with his rough estimate.

True Brownie, but various internet polls offer a larger sample of people than 'me and my mates think', and as such probably give a truer reflection of feelings. At worst Rafa seems to be doing well at 50/50. No doubt this has fallen recently.

Id still say Aldo is pretty wide of the mark with his assessment

True Brownie, but various internet polls offer a larger sample of people than 'me and my mates think', and as such probably give a truer reflection of feelings. At worst Rafa seems to be doing well at 50/50. No doubt this has fallen recently.

Id still say Aldo is pretty wide of the mark with his assessment

Away from this forum, I don't know one person who still wants Rafa to stay, and that's amongst all of my mates and family as well.

The vote on here totalled about 250/300 people, which is just a drop in the ocean.

It's impossible to know what the real state of play is, with regards to how many want him to stay/go. Aldo is probably just meaning that from his conversations with people, only around 30% of people still support Benitez.

I guess everyone's experience will be different.

Has he sued that magazine - Nuts - yet for 'making up' those quotes that were pretty much what he said last night? Come on, Aldo, lad, get that simple sword of truth out - Jonathan Aitken's long finished with it!

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Reds legend John Aldridge denies calling for Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez to be sacked

Oh FFS the name of the magazine says it all. There's not many ways you can couch your phrases when suggesting somebody's time at a club might be up. Stiil if it fits your agenda.......

Just watched it today, I though Mcateer was more fortright in criticizing the parasites, and basicly said they have'nt put a penny in and the club has been up for sale since they bought it, aldo in fairness gave them a bit as well, fair play to them both, David Johnson and John bishop will be on now to balance it out and praise the owners next episode.

Oh FFS the name of the magazine says it all. There's not many ways you can couch your phrases when suggesting somebody's time at a club might be up. Stiil if it fits your agenda.......

I don't understand you. What exactly is your response - 'There's not many ways to couch your phrases...' - to do with my query as to whether his claim that the entire interview was ENTIRELY invented by the hack was true?

It's 50/50 if anything, I can only point to the 'Tale of Two' banners, one for Benitez, and one against Benitez, and both where met with anger.

Is that the one that was unveiled in the Corporates?

Should have put their windows through. Regardless of opinion, that isn't what this club is about. Not only are we losing football matches, we're losing our identity and dignity along with it.

Away from this forum, I don't know one person who still wants Rafa to stay, and that's amongst all of my mates and family as well.

The vote on here totalled about 250/300 people, which is just a drop in the ocean.

It's impossible to know what the real state of play is, with regards to how many want him to stay/go. Aldo is probably just meaning that from his conversations with people, only around 30% of people still support Benitez.

Like you, every single person i know thinks he should go. A few evertonians think otherwise. They think he has done a great job.

Another point is how much do certain fans actually support the club. We know we have a very large fan base Worldwide. But i would think that an awful lot just jump on the " i also support a Premier league club " bandwagon. I've seen loads of posters who say they support Oxford etc etc yet also support Liverpool as their main club. wtf!! I dare say from the overseas supporters that average is a hell of a lot higher.

That I just don't get. A fella at work "supports" us ,celtic and barcalona. Fucks sake it would have to be a pretty bad year not to have something to celebrate come May.

When I say supports, the dipshit hasn't seen either of them play in his life bar on sky spurts.

So are real fans want him to go? Or stay? In your opinion, obviously.

Aren't you a big wool though, Brownie? I live on Scottie and everyone i've ever met, EVER, want Rafa as our manager. So there.

Yeah they covered a wide range of topics including the owners. Don't know if you have access to lfc.tv, but if so you should watch it as it was pretty good.

Nah - don't have it (won't give Murdoch my money in any shape or form if I have a choice).

Did he just speak about the owners or did he come down one side of the fence or the other?

How big is your family!?